PDA

View Full Version : LHD Headlights

willhouse
30th September 2011, 05:38 AM
Quick question...
Is it worth buying headlights for left hand drive cars? I mean, can they be adjusted to suit driving in Australia, or are they completely different?
I can get a set of angel eyes over here for dirt cheap, but of course everyone drives on the wrong/right side.
Should I go cheap, or just get RHD ones?

MAD-16V
30th September 2011, 07:40 AM
Check to see if they can be changed to RHD - some have the ability to be changed with a simple adjustment but some can't ( usually why they are so cheap )

If you buy a LHD set you will basically be blinding people coming toward you when driving with your lights on.

dutchy
1st October 2011, 12:24 PM
Check to see if they can be changed to RHD - some have the ability to be changed with a simple adjustment but some can't ( usually why they are so cheap )

If you buy a LHD set you will basically be blinding people coming toward you when driving with your lights on.

HUH ? Don't they just beam forwards ?

guy 27
1st October 2011, 12:34 PM
HUH ? Don't they just beam forwards ?

each one has a different kick on the side do illuminate the side of the road.

http://i49.tinypic.com/11izakl.jpg

Dahlia
1st October 2011, 05:26 PM
I can confirm the FK/Depo angel eyes have an adjuster (RHD/LHD) on the back of them.

faneca
1st October 2011, 05:46 PM
I can confirm the FK/Depo angel eyes have an adjuster (RHD/LHD) on the back of them.

+1

willhouse
1st October 2011, 06:06 PM

Ah sweet. I really like your ones too, pretty sure they were the ones I was looking at.

faneca
1st October 2011, 06:43 PM
Ah sweet. I really like your ones too, pretty sure they were the ones I was looking at.
yea we got the same ones lol and mine are LHD/RHD too

dutchy
3rd October 2011, 01:46 PM
each one has a different kick on the side do illuminate the side of the road.

http://i49.tinypic.com/11izakl.jpg

Thanks guy, so I learn something new every day at my age ! :swg: