PDA

View Full Version : when to say goodbye?

Hotty_Smurf
15th November 2004, 01:28 PM
when is it a right time to give your opel astra, corsa etc... the ass in terms of kilometers? :evil:
and another thing when buyin a new car from a dealer, is the power of getting what you want for example extras and discounts the same if you have the cash upfront compared to getting it on finance?

Mitch
15th November 2004, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't go by kilometres. I'd sell it when I thought I wanted to upgrade to a new car or that I was getting bored with it. I'm actually wanting to sell my Astra because I am bored with it and want something different, faster and slightly bigger.

Anonymous
15th November 2004, 03:28 PM
ive been very bad in the past and changed cars on ave every 3 years one way to tell if you have had vaule from it is buying price minus current value divided by years eg $20k -10k /3 =$3333 per year and to your second question not sure what your asking put if you get it on finance it will cost you more over the full term of the loan

ultim8DTM5
15th November 2004, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't go by kilometres. I'd sell it when I thought I wanted to upgrade to a new car or that I was getting bored with it. I'm actually wanting to sell my Astra because I am bored with it and want something different, faster and slightly bigger.\

Wise words Mitch.

Personally I'm against leasing/financing cars as its only beneficial in specific circumstances (such as FBT etc) What I always think of when I want a new car is "what do I want from the car?"

Do I want large running costs?
Do I want to pay thousands for insurance?
Do I have to carry passengers?
Do I want to worry about where I park it?

As your lifestyle changes, so will your choice in cars. Although if you ask yourself the vital questions prior to purchase the car you do decide on will last a lot longer in your possession. I've got no intention in changing cars for several years yet.

Hotty_Smurf
15th November 2004, 08:16 PM
would you upgrade from your current car? or stick to the same brand?

frankie9fingers
15th November 2004, 08:32 PM
I tend to impluse buy, like when i bought my barina i had the choice of this, clio or corolla. After test driving the others i jumped into the barina, it gave me the same feeling i get b4 i have sex so i bought it. Mind you i decided this all in a weekend.

em
15th November 2004, 09:02 PM
, it gave me the same feeling i get b4 i have sex so i bought it.

:screwy:
you ok frankie???

gaero
15th November 2004, 10:18 PM
another thing when buyin a new car from a dealer, is the power of getting what you want for example extras and discounts the same if you have the cash upfront compared to getting it on finance?

Apart from having a bag fill of dosh with you when you test drive the car.

The sales guys/gals doesn't care where the money comes from (but it helps). Its the dealership finance people that want you to take out a lease/loan from thier finance company (they get a bonus). Once they see you got the cash from elsewhere they treat you like ? and by then its to late as you signed the contract

Miss_Astra
15th November 2004, 10:26 PM
i was thinking about getting rid of mine afew months ago, cause now would be the the time id get the most for it if i was to trade it in.
but when i think about it, it runs perfectly fine theres nothinfg wrong with it, plus i dont wanna be paying of a car again so soon.

a_manda
15th November 2004, 11:58 PM
it gave me the same feeling i get b4 i have sex so i bought it. Mind you i decided this all in a weekend.

it took you a weekend to decide if you wanted sex :shock: :screwy: :lol:

Hotty_Smurf
16th November 2004, 12:56 PM
do holden dealership accept cars that have been OPELIZED? :?: or is it a good idea that we keep the holden badges before we trade it in?

Mitch
16th November 2004, 01:12 PM
I don't see it being a problem, but I would put the Holden badges back on.

frankie9fingers
16th November 2004, 05:13 PM
it took you a weekend to decide if you wanted sex :shock: :screwy: :lol:

Yes :(

Nem
17th November 2004, 11:59 AM
it gave me the same feeling i get b4 i have sex so i bought it.
What's that? An empty wallet?

ultim8DTM5
17th November 2004, 12:13 PM
it gave me the same feeling i get b4 i have sex so i bought it.
What's that? An empty wallet?

Sounds like words backed by experience there! :lol: