PDA

View Full Version : Hello - UK Vectra owner

kyliewww
15th November 2004, 06:41 AM
Hi, well, I sold a Total Closure module for another member so I thought that it wise that I sign up and introduce myself :)

I'm also a member of www.vectra-sport.com which is a UK based Vectra forum.

I'm not quite as old as my profile seems to indicate, but getting that way. I drive a Vectra 2.5v6 CDX (1997). Is's reasonably standard although it's got Faceflit headlights, K&N, Facelift grill and within the next couple of weeks, in-car DVD, MP3 and PC (which will also drive Sat Nav).

I also make Total Closure modules for the Vectra (B), Zafira and Astra (G). If your interested, PM or email me ;) It's where you 'dead' lock your car and any electric windows / roof that are left open will close... Looks cool as well as a great security feature - In the UK, if you leave your car windows open and you leave your car - If something happens, your not insured :!: Still, with this little box, everything is fine

Anyway, intro and sales plug now complete :D I look forward to being hopefully of some help... :)

Greg K
15th November 2004, 07:15 AM
how much do you sell these units for??

Greg K

kyliewww
15th November 2004, 07:34 AM
Hi Greg, UK price is £35 so Australia price is £37.50 (to cover addtional postage). Hope this is of some interest.

Greg K
15th November 2004, 07:42 AM
does it affect the alarm in any kind of way?
is it easy to instal?
thanks
Greg K

kyliewww
15th November 2004, 07:56 AM
Doesn't affect the alarm in any way and all the windows will behave as they should (if something gets in the way, the windows drop). They are VERY easy to install - 4 wires to scotch lock on - All sits in the driver side kick panel. 20 - 30 minutes tops to install. Not sure if the Holden brand is the same, but for the UK I colour code the wires - Not sure if yours would be the same...

Greg K
15th November 2004, 07:59 AM
i dont see that there would be much difference between the two!
they are both made in europe!

kyliewww
15th November 2004, 08:02 AM
:?: I have no idea - I will send an email to the chap that I sold one to - Seems to be pleased... Even if not, it must mean that it's the same pin config' so with a little patience, should be easy... Let me find out...

kyliewww
15th November 2004, 08:07 AM
See; http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=3930&highlight=

I think that this will take you to the other thread ;)

Anonymous
15th November 2004, 08:59 AM
i will be getting this but its gonna be on my to do list :P

-get nice sound system
-get rear skirt put on
-get total closure unit

hehe thank for the info kylie i hope you are still selling them when i want one :P

ultim8DTM5
15th November 2004, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the board, and make sure you post up pics of your PC setup when its in!

Mitch
15th November 2004, 01:54 PM
Hi and Welcome.

RK
15th November 2004, 02:04 PM
Welcome :)

Do you sell steering wheel adapters for Alpine head units?

aussievectra
15th November 2004, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the site mate.

kyliewww
15th November 2004, 05:34 PM
Welcome :)

Do you sell steering wheel adapters for Alpine head units?

Sorry. Nope.... Can get hold of bits if you've got something specific - Can get a price, but I stick to Total Closures (at the moment!!)...

Thanks for the Welcome ;)