PDA

View Full Version : Car photoshoot camera settings?

nick_sixx
18th August 2011, 05:09 PM
I just got a new camera (Sony TX10), and was hoping to get some tips on how to take some better photos. I saw in a thread on here a while ago how to do a photo like you would see in autosalon etc.....

It was something to do with a long exposure then removing a particular element but I cannot seem to find the thread.... I am pretty new to cameras but I consider myself pretty capable at figuring this type of thing out...

I know my choice in camera is somewhat limited, so if I can figure out the method to take better pictures then I will use my mum's Canon 550

guy 27
18th August 2011, 05:18 PM
best advice i can give is go out there and just play around with it.

if you want to learn it a bit quicker taking a photography course is worth it.

PaulyJ
31st August 2011, 10:25 AM
Mate, each photo you take will need to be setup differently.
It depends on what you want to achieve in the photo too, so as Guy mentioned the best tip would be to go out there and just have a play.
Learn what the camera can and can't do, and play with your camera settings.

cobey
31st August 2011, 01:29 PM
i recomment something like this it wouldnt hurt
http://www.scoopon.com.au/deals/4281/just-45-for-a-1-day-weekend-photography-workshop-in-brisbane-gold-coast-or-noosa-185-value
oh crap sorry i just realised the offer is no longer available

nick_sixx
15th September 2011, 03:50 PM
would exposure settings be part of the hardware or firmware/software settings?

i.e. my camera can only do a 3-second exposure, but I would love a 30-second option

Dahlia
15th September 2011, 05:10 PM
As long as you have a good camera capable of taking decent shots, you'll be right...
All the rest can be done on a computer. As Guy said, its all just playing around. Change setting, change presets, download presets off the net. All really depends what program you are using... That and an artistic eye.

guy 27
15th September 2011, 05:16 PM
would exposure settings be part of the hardware or firmware/software settings?

i.e. my camera can only do a 3-second exposure, but I would love a 30-second option

its mainly software based. but in saying that a lot of p&s cameras even with modified software won't have the hardware to deal with longer exposures.