PDA

View Full Version : Vectra 2005 CDXi V6

Geoff Albury
10th August 2011, 10:38 PM
I've the car for 5 months, not sure about it, seems very British, odd rattles and squeaks, never starts first time when cold and the auto transmission seems a bit sluggish when cold, is this typical? Any info on the cold start and auto would be gratefully received!

Thanks.:nonod:

Vectracious
10th August 2011, 10:47 PM
Welcome to the site Geoff :)

Any auto is going to be a bit slow until it comes up to temp. What you're looking for is rough changes &/or rough changing into Drive or Reverse from Neutral when it's at normal operating temp.

As for it not starting first time - could be a number of things - I'll leave that to the more mechanically minded to give a list of things to check.

Squeaks and Rattles - welcome to Vectra ownership :p - someone might have had the dash or interior panels off in the past and havent put them back on properly or tight.

ChrisMaz
10th August 2011, 10:48 PM
Welcome Along.
Interior build quality of mine is second to none. Never had any problems with start up when cold, apart from a lumpy idle and increased revs until warm.
Have you had it looked over by a mechanic?

Chris

Edit: I just remember, only interior issue.... my gear knob constantly pops off the gear lever

guy 27
10th August 2011, 10:57 PM
welcome to OA

Geoff Albury
13th August 2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the reply, the auto just isn't as crisp and smooth as I would expect from a car priced near $50000 when new, some changes are a biit clunky and when I back off the car experiences a lot of engine braking, I am not sure what is expected as this is my first auto for many years. The car has just over 50K on the clock so I would hope theree are no issues.

ChrisMaz
14th August 2011, 01:19 AM
Who's been servicing the car? Might be time to give it a fresh splash of transmission fluid and a tune up.
Drove a friends Auto before buying my Manual and I thought the changes were very smooth.

You don't seem overly happy about the car either way. Maybe time for a change? :p