PDA

View Full Version : Hi all... Another Veccy V6 Melbournite

MayheM
2nd August 2011, 11:35 AM
Like most new members, I have been an occasional reader of the OA forum with particular interest in opinions and issues with the Veccy B 2.6.

I am also a member of Aussiefrogs and RenaultSport forums as my daily driver is a Clio Sport 182 Cup and my weekend toy is a 1988 Peugeot 205 GTi (full Euro import.)

Unfortunately I have to part with the Clio to purchase a "family wagon" as the wife has finally lost faith in the Veccy due to a couple of small recent issues. So the Veccy will soon become my daily driver and hopefully I can now add some Eibachs and get the ECU re-mapped (if that's possible?)

So the Vectra was purchased in 2002 by my father in-law as a company car to commute to the city and back each day. It was specially imported directly from Belgium as he particularly wanted a 5 speed manual. My wife and I purchased it in immaculate condition in 2006 for a third of the cost of it's market value at the time. We have owned it since then and the only thing I have managed to convince the wife to get done was tinted windows and a full set of BSA 291 17x6" alloys all round. It's White in colour so looks great (minus a spoiler... Sorry guys, not a fan! Ruins the lovely lines IMO)

Only recently I spent $2500 (Mooron Holden Cheltenham) on a new heat exchanger and clean up of all the oil that circulated through the cooling as it went unnoticed for a couple if weeks. Now I'm having a small issue of the car not starting. Wife had it towed to Mooron Holden who charged me $250 to find other "potential" issues because the day after tow "it just started". Apparently my wife "flooded" it. Anyway, next day after picking it up... same thing!
Thanks to a thread on this Forum I traced back from Fuel pump to the purple relays and found damage to one of them. I replaced it and it seemed to be fine until the symptoms returned after a stop over at Chadstone. By the time my Father In-law came to save the day, it fired up and I was able to drive it home. Since then I read about the pedal test and found these codes:
0230, 0560, 0300, 0302, 0303, 0335 in that sequence.
This happened Saturday. Since then I have started it successfully on number of occasions. Last night I disconnected the Battery so I can get a fresh list of fault codes to pinpoint it further.

Moral of the story, never trust a dealer to work on your car and have faith in the community of owners who have pooled their skills and experiences into a forum.

Great site guys... and thanks for accepting me (even though I own a couple of French Hot Hatches!

If you have experienced the same no-starting issue in the past (fuel or spark) your thought/advance would be most welcome.

sooty
2nd August 2011, 11:52 AM
Welcome to OA mate. Nuggz is your best bet for all information regarding the V6 veccys :thumbs:

Nurb608
2nd August 2011, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the site mate, and nothing wrong with those two frenchies ;)

vectra.lee
2nd August 2011, 12:48 PM
Hey welcome.
I'm in Sydney but I also have the 2.6 V6.
Did give me a few worries at the start when I bought it.
(So the 2.6 5spd manual is different to other Veccys?)

Anyway, welcome again, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you with the hiccup. =)

MayheM
2nd August 2011, 04:26 PM
Hey welcome.
I'm in Sydney but I also have the 2.6 V6.
Did give me a few worries at the start when I bought it.
(So the 2.6 5spd manual is different to other Veccys?)

Anyway, welcome again, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you with the hiccup. =)

I don't think it's different! I just meant that my f-i-l's company were trying to talk him out of a manual company car and Holden didn't have a White 2.6 manual in Australia at the time. He demanded a manual so had to wait 8 or so weeks for the car to be shipped from Belgium.

Bobarache
6th August 2011, 10:07 PM
Welcome to OA mate !!

Drache Mithal
7th August 2011, 10:51 AM
Welcome to OA!

Dahlia
7th August 2011, 12:10 PM
Welcome mate :)

metry
8th August 2011, 09:45 PM
welcome to oa mate. throw up some pics of the veccy with the rims