PDA

View Full Version : HTC Mobiles

Bobarache
29th July 2011, 08:49 PM
Has anyone had any experience with HTC Android Mobiles ?
Looking for a new phone and want to avoid IPhone....

Vectracious
29th July 2011, 09:26 PM
Has anyone had any experience with HTC Android Mobiles ?
Looking for a new phone and want to avoid IPhone....

Have had my HTC Desire S for a month and a bit - love it.

No, not a dual core like the Samsung Galaxy S2 - but does everything I need it to do and well - also smaller than an iCrap 4 and waaaaaaay smaller than a Galaxy which I prefer in a phone TBH.

Also feels very solid - has an aluminium unibody design - which is a fancy way of saying its made out of one piece of aluminium.

hazrd
29th July 2011, 09:28 PM
Moved from an iPhone 2 weeks ago across to a Desire HD

I don't regret the move at all

poita
29th July 2011, 09:39 PM
Have played with the Incredible S and the Desire HD

Both very solid phones and nice to use.

After my diamond I thought I'd never touch a HTC again, but have been impressed with both

adam_92
29th July 2011, 10:39 PM
Desire hd FTW... not biased or anything.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

nick_sixx
30th July 2011, 02:08 AM
After owning the desire z...I wouldnt get another one. I would say that samsung and motorola have the best android phones, in terms of build quality...HTC has by far the best UI though...so if you are buying from a dealer and have the option to replace it, then I guess HTC would be ok

Bobarache
30th July 2011, 02:46 AM
Cheers for the feedback guys !!

Bobarache
30th July 2011, 09:24 AM
Desire hd FTW... not biased or anything.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

At the risk of showing my age and uncoolness....... WTF does FTW mean ??

After owning the desire z...I wouldnt get another one. I would say that samsung and motorola have the best android phones, in terms of build quality...HTC has by far the best UI though...so if you are buying from a dealer and have the option to replace it, then I guess HTC would be ok

Why do you say you wouldn't buy another one, is it because of build quality ?

hazrd
30th July 2011, 09:26 AM
You just showed your age :p

FTW = For The Win

Bobarache
30th July 2011, 09:38 AM
You just showed your age :p

FTW = For The Win

HAHA thanks for that young fella :clapsmiley:

nick_sixx
30th July 2011, 11:00 AM
Why do you say you wouldn't buy another one, is it because of build quality ?[/QUOTE]

The touchscreen stopped working after about 3 months...ie it kept 'touching itself' - opening apps without any touch input, and had dead spots on the screen that would respond to touch. I was pretty unhappy about it. My new SGS2 is by far the best phone for me, I love it more than life itself

Feelinlucky75
30th July 2011, 11:12 AM
I have the desire hd... Love it to bits...
I don't think I would need a dual core like the galaxy s2... The hd is by far quick enough for me...

Vectracious
30th July 2011, 11:21 AM
After my diamond I thought I'd never touch a HTC again, but have been impressed with both

Yeah, after the disaster that was my TyTN 2, I swore I would never get a HTC either. But I heard so many good things about the original desire than when I could get the desire S, I took an punt and am very happy with it.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Dahlia
31st July 2011, 07:59 AM
Yeah, after the disaster that was my TyTN 2, I swore I would never get a HTC either.
I had that phone too. Absolutely shit.