PDA

View Full Version : Original Equipment Opel Corsa Badges

dazza015
10th February 2004, 03:38 PM
Hi All, Darren here, Long time reader first time poster....

I have been talking to the parts department of an Opel dealer regarding buying the OE Opel Corsa Badges for my 02 SRi

He says he is happy to sell them to me and has quoted the following prices

Front Grille Opel Flash: Au$4.76 +VAT
Rear Hatch Opel Flash: Au$17.59 +VAT
Rear Hatch "OPEL" Badge: Au$10.80+VAT
Rear Hatch "CORSA" Badge: Au$11.78+VAT
Or Rear Hatch "CORSA 1.8":Au$14.67+VAT
(Not sure if I have to pay the 21% Irish VAT on top)

Just wondering if these prices cheap or expensive for OE Badges (Not Knockoffs) Or if anyone knows where to get OE badges cheaper other than ebay.

Thanks

Anonymous
10th February 2004, 03:42 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me :D

ultim8DTM5
10th February 2004, 05:39 PM
I bought the rear flash off PaulTheBall who got it from UK ebay, paid $22 for it so seems alright...

I might want a front grille badge for my barina when you order.
:D

PaulTheBall
10th February 2004, 06:11 PM
Good prices

I want a "CORSA" word badge if anyone does the order :D

anicorsa
11th February 2004, 07:00 AM
Where is this opel dealer???

Is it possible to get the details from you? as im interested in a front grill badge for the barina aswell.

ultim8DTM5
11th February 2004, 07:05 AM
Sounds like its in Eire

dazza015
11th February 2004, 07:41 AM
For all who are interested here are the contact details for cheap badges as above

Dealer: DG OPEL
Address: Navan Road, Dublin 15, Ireland
Tel: 01 868 9000

Contact Name: Alec Cowan (Assistant Parts Mgr)
Email: [email protected]

Has no problems selling and arranging freight (Seems to think Airmail would be around $15-$20) for us Aussies, Apparently we have to pay the Irish VAT but he said he will just discount the prices to balance out having to pay the VAT So not bad!

One thing to remember is to quote him the chassis-number and engine size for each car that you need badges for, just to ensure perfect fit.

Darren

Anonymous
11th February 2004, 09:09 AM
mmmm sounds like a good contact!

ultim8DTM5
11th February 2004, 09:40 AM
Might have to use my mum's maiden name if I email (O'Brien)
:D

Nice car Daz btw!

Anonymous
11th February 2004, 09:56 AM
Ahahaha

"Ai ladee, its o'brien 'ere"

ultim8DTM5
11th February 2004, 10:02 AM
Um...no...Paul, put the mouse down and step slowly away from the keyboard

Anonymous
11th February 2004, 10:08 AM
hehehe i'm in the weirdest phuken mood here. Had 2 coffee's already, got no work to keep me busy, and with this wet weather here, i just want to go out there and drift.

DrDevil
11th February 2004, 01:16 PM
cool, im definately interested.

if you do go ahead and order them, i might get you to order some for me too :D

Q: would the front flash fit on the holden barina?

ultim8DTM5
11th February 2004, 03:20 PM
I'd also like to know that.
I know however that the badge/grille are one unit as sold by TCCA in Artarmon. You can tell because behind the holden badge the holden logo is vacuum formed into the plastic.

Rub your fingers into it and you'll see what I mean

PaulTheBall
11th February 2004, 07:14 PM
I replaced the front badge on my Barina last week.

I used my fingernails pry it out from the clips. The replacement one clips straight in, but you have the holden lion behind it... so what I did was get some mesh and put that in between the badge and the grill. you can still see the lion if you look closely but I guess you could putty and/or spray it to make it look better.

Frankie put silver mesh in his and looks way cool. I'm a pov so used black plastic mesh I found at home (used in the front security/wire door).

The problem is if you want to replace the grill its gonna cost $$$. The grill is attached to a bumper that stretches across the entire front of the car. This would make shipping it in from o/seas expensive.

dazza015
11th February 2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the tip!

Have asked Mr Opel Ireland for a quote on the plastic grill section but after reading ur post I might go the mesh idea or have work punch me out something in stainless steel! will try both see which looks best

All in all its going to save me money so Im happy!! :D

PaulTheBall
11th February 2004, 07:51 PM
I will take a picture tomorrow. But be warned: my car is very dirty!

Anyhow here is F9F's handywork:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/pfilmer/f9fOpel.JPG

M40COO
11th February 2004, 08:17 PM
That's nice and neat 8)

mr_astra_retired
11th February 2004, 08:18 PM
Sure is , that looks very Shmick

dazza015
11th February 2004, 08:21 PM
Damn straight that looks shmik!! will definitely be going that way!!

Anonymous
11th February 2004, 09:10 PM
That looks nice!!! :D

Anonymous
11th February 2004, 10:41 PM
I must admit, that does look really impressive. I'd bodge it up big time. :oops:

Franky, reckon I could pay you to do a similar job on my car? :D

DrDevil
11th February 2004, 11:24 PM
i was thinking of replacing the front with an 04 front (possibly SRi if it looks any good - damn u holden for not having any piccies). i will probably end up with the mesh though, it looks awesome :shock: :D

another q: if i replace the badges, will i be able to put my holden ones back if i want to sell?

Anonymous
11th February 2004, 11:32 PM
I'd say yes you can, so long as you dont use permanant glue.

dazza015
12th February 2004, 11:50 AM
I have decided to place my order for the badges I want on Friday afternoon probably, so if there is anyone who wants me to get badges for them at the same time you will need to let me know by Friday at 1pm.

Will sort out the details once I have a final order list.

Thanks!!!

ultim8DTM5
12th February 2004, 01:27 PM
Paul, write up a "How to" :lol:

Edit: still got that front badge?

PaulTheBall
12th February 2004, 08:34 PM
When I get my car serviced + repaired + washed then I will do a howto. I want to redo my job here because it does look a little dodgy... I think what I need to do is black out the lion a little more. Maybe just a clean and some tire black will do :wink:

Anyway here is what I've done:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/pfilmer/front_badge.jpg

ultim8DTM5
12th February 2004, 08:47 PM
YGM

sijay
12th February 2004, 09:12 PM
dazza what r u driving?

dazza015
13th February 2004, 07:36 AM
I drive a Barina (Soon to be Corsa!) SRi

This One!

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/477000-477999/477835_1_full.jpg

PaulTheBall
13th February 2004, 07:53 AM
Cool

What size rims are they... 17x6.5??

dazza015
13th February 2004, 08:04 AM
Nah they are 17 x 7

ultim8DTM5
13th February 2004, 09:08 AM
Okay I definately neeeeeeeeeeed a front Barina/Corsa C grille badge.
I'm up for a group order if its ok.

DrDevil
13th February 2004, 01:53 PM
i just realised...

any chance of getting the bagdes for the alloys, and the steering wheel badge (if it is easily changable on the barina/corsa and doesnt need the airbag to go off)

SmellyTofu
13th February 2004, 02:51 PM
Alloys aren't too hard but you've got to go past Ebay. Airbag.. forget it.

DrDevil
13th February 2004, 04:15 PM
Alloys aren't too hard but you've got to go past Ebay. Airbag.. forget it.

yeah, i just went to pickup some touchup paint from my local holden dealer and started asking some questions, one of which was about the airbag badge. we looked thru the program they had and they only replace the whole airbag, not the badge by itself, leading me to believe it cant be done.

so it is possible to get just the badges for the alloys?

dazza015
13th February 2004, 04:17 PM
I am getting a price from him for the wheel centre cap logo, but if they dont sell them seperately I asked him to give me a quote on the entire cap including logo, for one of the other guys so I will let you know, as for the steering wheel logo unless you want to buy a new airbag you cant get the badge.

The only idea I had was to buy one wheel cap logo or entire wheel cap, somehow remove that badge and use the wheel cap badge on the steering wheel.

But I dont know if the steering wheel logo and the wheel cap logo are the same size, I dont have factory alloys anymore so I cant go check, but if someone that has standard alloys could go and measure the diameter of the two and see if they match up and see if the wheel cap logo is reasonably easy to remove we may have a way around the airbag problem!!

DrDevil
13th February 2004, 04:39 PM
The only idea I had was to buy one wheel cap logo or entire wheel cap, somehow remove that badge and use the wheel cap badge on the steering wheel.

But I dont know if the steering wheel logo and the wheel cap logo are the same size, I dont have factory alloys anymore so I cant go check, but if someone that has standard alloys could go and measure the diameter of the two and see if they match up and see if the wheel cap logo is reasonably easy to remove we may have a way around the airbag problem!!

Steeling Wheel Badge: 38mm
Alloy Wheel Badge (SXi): 54mm
:(

ultim8DTM5
13th February 2004, 05:23 PM
I am getting a price from him for the wheel centre cap logo, but if they dont sell them seperately I asked him to give me a quote on the entire cap including logo, for one of the other guys so I will let you know, as for the steering wheel logo unless you want to buy a new airbag you cant get the badge.

Daz I sent ya an email, but I'd be up for the caps also