PDA

View Full Version : The Android Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

hazrd
26th July 2011, 01:52 PM
Well ive broken the locked up shackles of the iOS system, ditched the iPhone, and got myself a HTC Desire HD... Damn awesome phone, and the Android software (v2.3) is so much easier to use than the iOS software.

So, those of you who have gone to the "dark dark" side... Which are some of your favorite Android Apps? This includes games!

I havent really got much on mine yet as im waiting until I get home with a WiFi connection to really get stuck into filling it up

As requested by Pete below - Please specify the device you are using for your apps :)

poita
26th July 2011, 02:11 PM
Set CPU (must be rooted for this)
Retro boot
Astro file manager
Buzz Player
GPS Test

Also Adz set aside a few hours and troll through XDA Developers ;)

dglewis80
26th July 2011, 02:30 PM
Also Adz set aside a few hours and troll through XDA Developers ;)

+1

Sony X10 rooted & non sony rom

Announcify
Ringdroid
Stupid Zombies
Titanium Backup (Must Be Rooted)
Torque
XDA

Shay
26th July 2011, 02:38 PM
I dont like astro file manager, i prefer ES file explorer.

Xconstruct (game)
gem miner (bit addictive)
angry birds
F1.com 2011
G+ app
Robo defense
Advanced task killer
Accelerometer values (can log to csv so you can put it in excel)
Barcode scanner
bubble level
colour flashlight
chomp sms (allows full customisation, backgrounds, balloons, colours)(use instead of std msging)
dolphin browser
dropbox
flight control
evernote
FxCamera
Geared
Handycalc (in between the functionality of a scientific and graphic calculator)
PDF Viewer
Photoshop express
shazam
slidescreem
slideIT keyboard
traffic jam
trapster
words free
unit converter

also a lot of the Curve fish widgets are really useful.

Feelinlucky75
26th July 2011, 06:04 PM
I found daily roads voyager the other day... Can do interval photos to make stop motion videos... Will be trying this out soon

I'm using desire hd :D

poita
26th July 2011, 06:21 PM
just for interests sake, can people specify the device its on?

cause i have found a lot of the android phone apps dont work well on tablets ;)

nick_sixx
26th July 2011, 07:17 PM
You have to get astro file manager.

Also blast monkeys and tiny bee are very addictive games

Shay
26th July 2011, 07:32 PM
if you like astro, try ES its so much easier, faster, and prettier.

for pete: im using the HTC Magic, aka the cheapest and slowest android phone tho i still think its as good as my brothers 3gs...

poita
26th July 2011, 07:37 PM
I have Astro and ES both installed, I like a couple of different things on them.

Also Root Explorer if you rooted your device.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 16Gb + 32Gb Micro SD + OC'd to 1.5GHz Dual Core ;)

hazrd
26th July 2011, 07:47 PM
awesome info here :swg: cheers guys. im gunna be buried in this phone when i get home lol

poita
27th July 2011, 07:55 PM
a new one, tab.com.au ;)

nick_sixx
28th July 2011, 12:32 AM
Anyone rooted their SGS2?

Shay
28th July 2011, 10:48 AM
what is "rooting"?

poita
28th July 2011, 10:49 AM
maybe its something you should talk to your parents about

or

essentially it allows access to the 'root' directory of your phone/tablet

so you can change boot logos, animations, overclock cpu etc

Shay
28th July 2011, 10:52 AM
maybe its something you should talk to your parents about

or

essentially it allows access to the 'root' directory of your phone/tablet

so you can change boot logos, animations, overclock cpu etc

hmmm, intradasting....
tbh i think it would destroy my phone....
its sketchy and slow enough as is

poita
28th July 2011, 10:57 AM
you'd be surprised

on XDA people put up custom roms, they strip out all the shit and leave the essential bits in

then you can add onto them from there. have seen some massive speed gains on devices by doing this.

nick_sixx
28th July 2011, 01:04 PM
hmmm, intradasting....
tbh i think it would destroy my phone....
its sketchy and slow enough as is

Rooting makes the phone run quite a bit faster in most cases...and saves battery life :)

poita
28th July 2011, 01:23 PM
The actual rooting doesn't, it's what you do to the device after it is rooted

Bloodnok
28th July 2011, 01:52 PM
what is "rooting"?

Breaking into the "root" account of a unix or linux based OS. Also known as "Privilege escalation" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privilege_escalation). On a device you own, e.g. an android phone, it's a completely reasonable thing to do (although there is a risk of turning your device into a brick with some of the tools). On somebody elses webserver, rather illegal :p

Shay
28th July 2011, 04:02 PM
ok, so how and what to i do to improve speed and battery life without bricking my phonee that still has a year left to the contract?

dglewis80
28th July 2011, 04:53 PM
you'd be surprised

on XDA people put up custom roms, they strip out all the shit and leave the essential bits in

then you can add onto them from there. have seen some massive speed gains on devices by doing this.

I was about two weeks into my contract when I did this, don't know why I waited, best thing I did.

Shay - if you do somehow brick it, (I have in the past) it's not too hard to re-flash it to get it going again!

poita
1st August 2011, 08:03 PM
does anyone else's device take ages to install from the Android Marketplace?

It's takes a good 10 minutes to install a basic app for me.

hazrd
1st August 2011, 08:23 PM
nope
installed a small app today, took about 2mins

dglewis80
1st August 2011, 08:44 PM
Not for me!

poita
1st August 2011, 08:48 PM
hmmmmm bugger.

stupid thing

dglewis80
1st August 2011, 08:52 PM
Wash your mouth out!

Vectracious
1st August 2011, 08:53 PM
nope
installed a small app today, took about 2mins

less than a minute with most apps - but then again I am with the big T so get 5Mbit/sec download speeds ;)

poita
1st August 2011, 09:02 PM
well its over my wifi so im getting it at 5mb+ too

Feelinlucky75
1st August 2011, 09:09 PM
I'm using bigpond, get around 3.6mbit/sec and it takes bugger all time... Did a 15mb app and it took maybe 30 secs to download and 15 to install...

Also, can someone tell me what the benefits of rooting an android device are? I used to be very up.to date with everything computers and phones but lately I'm outta touch lol

Vectracious
1st August 2011, 09:15 PM
well its over my wifi so im getting it at 5mb+ too

then dunno what your problem is....

poita
1st August 2011, 09:18 PM
yer i think i broke it lol

Vectracious
1st August 2011, 09:23 PM

maybe there is just some dodgy stuff running in the background - have you tried restarting it?

poita
1st August 2011, 09:24 PM
yer im not sure, maybe cause i have tinkered with it too much

dglewis80
1st August 2011, 09:26 PM
I think you stuffed mine too - just took about 5 mins to download an update!

Vectracious
1st August 2011, 09:27 PM
what the hell have you guys been doing to them????

poita
1st August 2011, 09:28 PM
rooting and overclocking

Vectracious
1st August 2011, 09:29 PM
LOL - I think I might leave the Desire stock then - need it to work and do the basic stuff with no issues....

dglewis80
1st August 2011, 09:45 PM
Just tried a new app - no issues, installed straight away!

adam_92
1st August 2011, 09:49 PM

Did you put an Orange and black cover on it?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

dglewis80
1st August 2011, 10:10 PM
You have to get Duck Hunt!!

http://m.slideme.org/mobileapp/download/c41539c2-8d9c-11e0-8c69-00505690390e.apk

guy 27
26th November 2011, 11:27 AM
so what new apps are must haves?

whats the best car related apps to put on.

Torque is on the list to download.
any other recommendations.

hazrd
26th November 2011, 11:45 AM
Tapatalk
Photobucket
Google latitude
Angry birds
Bejewelled 2
Live drive (vic roads traffic)
FireFox
EBay
Series guide
Copilot
4shared
Es file explorer
Battery solo widget
Flight track
Pingus quest
Urban dictionary

Those are pretty much my frequent ones lol

03srit
26th November 2011, 01:35 PM
Drag racing and smurfs village :D

guy 27
26th November 2011, 01:54 PM
Drag racing and smurfs village :D

Just put drag racing on. Not into smurfs village. My nephew is on level 23 on it.

hazrd
30th November 2011, 01:02 PM
I was getting this little star in the notifications bar at the top which were ads... So i just installed an app that detects which app is responsible for the annoying ads

Its called Airpush Detector. And its free :)

dieselhead
30th November 2011, 01:47 PM
What do you guys think about Speaktoit? I am having some fun at times:)

RK1977
30th November 2011, 01:49 PM
I was getting this little star in the notifications bar at the top which were ads... So i just installed an app that detects which app is responsible for the annoying ads

It's angry frogs that's full of ads. I had to uninstall. They were driving me insane!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

poita
30th November 2011, 02:44 PM

thanks dude, been pissing me off too

hazrd
30th November 2011, 03:49 PM
It's angry frogs that's full of ads. I had to uninstall. They were driving me insane!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
also 'mp3 download'

thanks dude, been pissing me off too

same, had to dig because id had enough of it!!

03srit
30th November 2011, 06:22 PM
What do you guys think about Speaktoit? I am having some fun at times:)

Trying it now. Seems ok.

Shay
1st December 2011, 06:07 AM
Anyone else had issues playing Avi's?

I've been using mobo player, but its really hit and miss as to whether ill get sound with my video or not... all play fine on my laptop, but I'm without a charger ATM...

03srit
1st December 2011, 06:28 AM
I'm using rock player lite and it works a treat.

Shay
1st December 2011, 08:14 AM
I'm using rock player lite and it works a treat.

Thanks mate, no problems with it so far!

Now I can watch human centipede 2!

benzino
9th December 2011, 12:14 AM
just got a new phone today, the optimus black (gotta stay reppin' the koreans... hahaha)

wanting to get into some apps and was wondering, is anyone using a performance measuring app either gps or accelerometer that they would recommend?

hazrd
9th December 2011, 05:24 AM
Trackmaster.

Ice
9th December 2011, 07:58 AM
ok, so how and what to i do to improve speed and battery life without bricking my phonee that still has a year left to the contract?

what model of phone do you have ? I turned "software update" off permanently under settings, apps, all apps and went from charging it 3 times a day to every day and a half. Get rd of all the notifications apart From Gmail and when you want to view your bookface for example, just refresh it when you go in.

Ice
9th December 2011, 08:00 AM
Rooting makes the phone run quite a bit faster in most cases...and saves battery life :)

developers tweak a few things to make it run smoother although having rooted my phone dozens of times with all sorts of different mods im now back with the Optus stock Kernal because of all of them its the least buggy !

Ice
9th December 2011, 08:02 AM

even if you do brick it, you can recover it :) Ive done it several times...whirlpool and xda dev forums are a god send.

guy 27
9th December 2011, 11:28 AM
my app list in no specific order:

Unified remote
Utorrent remote
airdroid
nexus torch
Tapatalk (must have ;) )
angry birds
drag racing
Drag fly
Gps speed
Trapster
Torque
Google sky
ebay
Chivedroid
FML
Zedge (great app for wallpapers and ringtones)
Paper Camera
Swiftkey X
Speed test
Chrome to Phone

Feelinlucky75
11th December 2011, 10:00 PM
Just got a game called bouncy mouse... It's pretty good... Same slingshot action as angry birds but you throw yourself lol... Tried it, got stuck playing it for an hour... So yeah... It's pretty good and I recommend you guys try it...

Neeko
15th December 2011, 09:50 AM
got myself this bad boy.
Latest Motorola Droid RAZR

http://www.allgeek.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/Droid-Razr.jpg

not sure if I'll root it just yet, wait for Ice Cream Sandwich first :)

Ice
15th December 2011, 10:15 AM
And how are you finding it ? dont you find it to big ?

Neeko
15th December 2011, 12:11 PM
That was my first concern when I saw it and thought geez this thing is big.
Then had a quick glimpse at the future and thought, well they're not getting any smaller lol

Phone is very impressive, can do a million more things compared to the iPhone. Has a few great built in features like its "Smart Actions", it allows you to set triggers for the phone to do certain tasks.
For example, If Bluetooth connection is WRX, Display is off and headphones are plugged in >>> play playlist "Favourites".
or another one could be if Location "Work" then Ringtone "Silent".

That's just a few samples :)
Another great app that comes with it is the Favourite Contacts widget, use it all the time.
Speed of the thing is incredible, haven't managed to get it to slow down yet which is great.

Only things I don't really like is the camera quality, the music players and it's riddled with Optus junk.
So first thing I did was trash all the optus crap (except for data usage meter)!
Camera quality is great but like my iphone 3gs had big issues with exposure, the difference between dark and light objects in the same picture is just lost :(
For some strange reason it comes with 2 music players, 1 looks like it was the 1.0 poverty pack and the other is more focused on Motocast (streaming media from home computer)

Are there any good music players available?

Other then that the phone is brilliant, does everything I want it to and loads more!

Vectracious
15th December 2011, 11:10 PM

how much bigger is it than the SG2?

guy 27
15th December 2011, 11:31 PM
how much bigger is it than the SG2?

s2
Dimensions
125.3 mm (4.93 in) H
66.1 mm (2.60 in) W
8.49 mm (0.334 in) D (standard)

moto
SIZE Dimensions 130.7 x 68.9 x 7.1 mm

poita
15th December 2011, 11:31 PM
http://www.phonearena.com/images/reviews/103700-image/Motorola-RAZR-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-01.jpg

Vectracious
15th December 2011, 11:33 PM
http://www.phonearena.com/images/reviews/103700-image/Motorola-RAZR-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-01.jpg

Christ - so phones are going to get bigger and bigger it looks like - I wonder how much they will push the size before they become impractical to have as phones??? (personally I think the SG2 is too big for a phone, which would make the Moto Razr a mini tablet...)

poita
15th December 2011, 11:38 PM
no that's the Samsung Note :p

5.3" Tablet phone

Left to right; Nexus, Note, GS2

http://androidreviewz.info/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/abae4_Gs2-vs-note-vs-nexus.jpg

Ice
15th December 2011, 11:41 PM
thanks Neeko, that Smart actions things sounds great aswell. MY biggest issue despite what your saying about future is still size......your right they arent getting any smaller but soon we will be carrying laptops around in our pockets, haha

nick_sixx
16th December 2011, 05:13 AM
Double twist is a great music player and comes as an extra to air sync, which allows you to sync with iTunes wirelessly. I'm currently using my iPhone 4s but I am going to switch back to my sgs2 soon because I am missing some android features haha

Neeko
16th December 2011, 06:56 AM
its honestly just a matter of getting used to it. i cant even tell the size anymore! i hold my old 3gs and think man that screen is tiny. I downloaded poweramp which is absolutely fantastic. Phone is perfect now :)

Shay
16th December 2011, 08:28 PM
Gt free + HD

Awesome racing game, but big, like 330mb. The best thing is its actually difficult, unlike 90% of phone car games

Vectracious
16th December 2011, 08:50 PM
Gt free + HD

Awesome racing game, but big, like 330mb. The best thing is its actually difficult, unlike 90% of phone car games

downloaded it the other day and started playing it - but ran out of patience on the licence test where I have to overtake the Focus - doesn't feel like it responds quick enough. I also haven't played racing car games for over a year so me being sh*t at it is the biggest factor....

poita
16th December 2011, 08:53 PM
This one Shay? Say it's only 1.1mb

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftGTFM&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5nY W1lbG9mdC5hbmRyb2lkLkFOTVAuR2xvZnRHVEZNIl0.

Vectracious
16th December 2011, 08:55 PM
This one Shay? Say it's only 1.1mb

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftGTFM&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5nY W1lbG9mdC5hbmRyb2lkLkFOTVAuR2xvZnRHVEZNIl0.

thats the install file - once you run it you get prompted that it has to download another 300MB!!!!!!!!

poita
16th December 2011, 08:56 PM
just installed it, typical gameloft

with lets golf hd 3 there is a 700mb+ d/l. what a joke for a "mobile" game

guy 27
16th December 2011, 08:58 PM
went to download some racing game when i first got the phone. 1.1gig download :lol:

poita
16th December 2011, 09:23 PM
downloaded it the other day and started playing it - but ran out of patience on the licence test where I have to overtake the Focus - doesn't feel like it responds quick enough. I also haven't played racing car games for over a year so me being sh*t at it is the biggest factor....

just got a gold on it, in 29.64. just hold it flat, dont brake at all

Vectracious
16th December 2011, 10:02 PM
just got a gold on it, in 29.64. just hold it flat, dont brake at all

LOL

silly me for using the brake!

Neeko
29th December 2011, 10:57 AM
I have a few excellent apps installed atm.

To replace my current music player on my phone I installed PowerAmp. Absolutely brilliant! Has a million settings with 2 of my favourites being able to swipe across the screen while the phone is locked to skip to the next song or to start playing music as soon as you plug your headphones in.

Also installed Easy Task Killer which does it's job quite well.

Where's My Droid is an app which can locate your phone as well as lock it and wipe all it's data by either txting it a phrase or calling a specific number set by you. For instance if you txt Where's my Droid to my number it will switch it to Loud (if in silent mode) and start ringing. If you know your phone has no reception send the phrase GPS my droid and it will send back 5 detailed txts with the exact location of your phone.

Few others are Flashlight Toggle, A Torrent (download torrents directly to phone!) and the usual AVG Anti-Virus, ClockQ Digital Clock Widget, ASTRO, Data Enabler Toggle, Dictionary, Ebay, Facebook, NYE Countdown, Shazam Photobucket, Photoshop, Zedge.

Only have a few games GTA3 (very impressive!) Jet Car Stunts (excellent and addictive) and Angry Birds :)

benzino
29th December 2011, 11:30 AM
is anti-virus a recommended download?

Neeko
29th December 2011, 11:36 AM
is anti-virus a recommended download?

You don't have to no. It's just that I download a lot of torrents and go through apps a lot. Just better to be protected for the sake of using a tiny amount of battery use.

benzino
29th December 2011, 11:40 AM
that makes sense

I've often downloaded a legitimate app and looked at the access it has and thought "if this was on the computer it would act just like a virus..." hahaha

Neeko
29th December 2011, 01:10 PM
that makes sense

I've often downloaded a legitimate app and looked at the access it has and thought "if this was on the computer it would act just like a virus..." hahaha
It's scary the permissions some apps have =/ Access personal data, alter files etc. Don't wanna know what they're finding out about me

wook
29th December 2011, 05:51 PM
My HTC Legend was starting to look small to me so I just got a Samsung Galaxy S2. Rang Mo's mobiles and they wanted $850 outright....rang JB HiFi and they wanted $720.....Harvey Norman wanted $630....Finally Allphones said $598 so I went there :) big difference from 850 to 598 sheesh.

poita
29th December 2011, 07:12 PM
850 is just rrp on them, btw hn is 627 :p

adam_92
29th December 2011, 07:44 PM
Ok so I hope this is ok to post in here being the Android thread and I don't wanna make a new thread for it. I'm looking for an Android tablet around $4-500. What do you guys recommend. I'm completely open to all makes and models.

poita
29th December 2011, 07:57 PM
Acer Iconia A500, Asus Transformer or Galaxy Tab 10.1

If you can hold off and save a few more $$ wait for the Asus Transformer Prime

adam_92
29th December 2011, 09:16 PM
Cheers mate. It's only gonna be used for games fb and the forum at home mainly. What's the extra with the 10.1?

adam_92
29th December 2011, 09:17 PM
Sorry the transformer prime? Not the 10.1

poita
29th December 2011, 09:24 PM
transformer prime is a quad core (4 processors) better screen, better camera, lighter, better battery life

all round a much quicker unit.

Ice
29th December 2011, 09:31 PM
transformer prime is a quad core (4 processors) better screen, better camera, lighter, better battery life

all round a much quicker unit.

sd card slot on both dock and tablet and for the price of $800 for both its beats all the comp :)

cant wait!

poita
29th December 2011, 09:36 PM
basically just better everything, whoops everythings ass

Shay
29th December 2011, 10:16 PM
My 2c: get one with 3G, makes life so much easier to have the option, even if you dont buy a sim card to put in it.

However 3G models are quite expensive...

Im really happy with my A500, just wish id dgot the 3g so im not relying on wifi all the time...

Ice
29th December 2011, 10:22 PM
My 2c: get one with 3G, makes life so much easier to have the option, even if you dont buy a sim card to put in it.

Im really happy with my A500, just wish id dgot the 3g so im not relying on wifi all the time...

with the Asus its not an option although ive read thy plan on it some stage down the track.

I thought long and hard about the 3G but for the extra cost it not worth it. I have a 2 gig data plan on phone and I can tether that and speeds arent noticable unless your downloading something hefty. Also you can buy a 10gig wireless dongle For under $100 and that emits wireless.....point im getting at is that there are alot of other options out there.

poita
29th December 2011, 10:40 PM

root it + patch/file download from xda and you can use a usb 3g stick in it if you really need

or as said, just tether it

Silver Surfer
30th December 2011, 05:37 PM
sony ericsson xperia arc! Any good?

hazrd
30th December 2011, 06:10 PM
sony ericsson xperia arc! Any good?

GSMArena (http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_arc-3619.php) reports some pretty good things on it. I quite like it. Comes with Android 2.3 which will eventually be upgradeable to 4.0 which i think is ICS (latest). Only downside from memory is Sony are usually the absolute last to get the SW updates so while everyone with their Samsungs and HTC's and the like are on the latest software, the poor Sony users are stuck with the old SW for a couple of months :(

I think Nurb and dglewis were xperia users at one point and had to wait forever to get their updates

Silver Surfer
30th December 2011, 06:28 PM
Its the arc or a sg2 Cheers will do more reading

dglewis80
30th December 2011, 07:05 PM
GSMArena (http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_arc-3619.php) reports some pretty good things on it. I quite like it. Comes with Android 2.3 which will eventually be upgradeable to 4.0 which i think is ICS (latest). Only downside from memory is Sony are usually the absolute last to get the SW updates so while everyone with their Samsungs and HTC's and the like are on the latest software, the poor Sony users are stuck with the old SW for a couple of months :(

I think Nurb and dglewis were xperia users at one point and had to wait forever to get their updates

You would be correct, still a x10 user. I got so over waiting for SW updates I started using XDA roms.

Sent from a dodgy 3G stick.

Ice
30th December 2011, 10:50 PM
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_arc_s-4134.php

no good in my opinion, low memory (same as the galaxy S which came out 2 years ago) and not Dual Core. You should expect that now with all new handsets.

hazrd
31st December 2011, 10:46 AM
depends on if you are on a budget ;) well, i would hope for the price to match the specs at least!

benzino
1st January 2012, 02:10 PM
i tossed up between the arc and the optimus black (and had a play with both)
i chose the black and am so glad. the screen is just SO much better (+more internal memory, better/smaller shape)

also the black has confirmed ICS update (but with LG it could take a while... hahaha)

but, if you can afford the sg2, go the sg2 as it blows everything else out of the water (my budget restricted me to $0 on $29)

dieselhead
1st January 2012, 10:55 PM
If budget permits go Galaxy Nexus. I had mine for more han 6 weeks now and loving it. Great screen, fast, great looking and a PURE Android experience. No bloatware, no manufacurer crap GUI "enhancemens". Updates straight from daddy Google. Enough said :)

Ice
1st January 2012, 11:17 PM
If budget permits go Galaxy Nexus. I had mine for more han 6 weeks now and loving it. Great screen, fast, great looking and a PURE Android experience. No bloatware, no manufacurer crap GUI "enhancemens". Updates straight from daddy Google. Enough said :)

what put me off this phone was limited to 16 gig internal memory with no expansion slot ! i mean why ffs ? oh and no gorilla glass ?!

dieselhead
2nd January 2012, 01:56 PM
Can't say I need more space on the phone. I've got some music, a few gigs worth, and of course the videos and photos that I'm shooting. I also chew up a few gigs online listening to Chronix Radio and Digitally Imported while running and working out rather than needing my entire music collection in my pocket. Right now I've got about 6 of the 16 GB free :)
The glass might not be Gorilla but is just as good, if not better. Gorilla is a mere commercial name for one manufacturer's fortified glass. Not the bees knees or the only fortified glass out there. I've got no scratches yet despite some abuse in jeans pockets, a few beach days and a couple of drops. Not using any screen condoms or cases-love living dangerously!

poita
2nd January 2012, 02:04 PM
16gb sgs2 with a 32gb micro sd cause I'm a rebel :lol:

But yes 16gb is heaps!

Oh for those interested ics has leaked for the sgs2. Jump onto either Redmond pie, xda or engadget for the linkage.

poita
2nd January 2012, 03:28 PM
a handy little app for those with a 3G broadband stick and no other internet access

reverse tethering, so your android device will use your pc's internet connection via usb.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1371345

MAD-16V
3rd January 2012, 02:04 AM
Love my xperia arc - Does everything I want, Is fast enough for me ( I dont game on it so dual core is useless ) - I was tossing up between the Optimus Black too - But the arc kills it - I cant believe Benzino you think the black has a better screen? - No way.

Has a great dev community behind it too - Getting standard sony roms to update it is easy.

Ice
3rd January 2012, 08:35 AM
Can't say I need more space on the phone. I've got some music, a few gigs worth, and of course the videos and photos that I'm shooting. I also chew up a few gigs online listening to Chronix Radio and Digitally Imported while running and working out rather than needing my entire music collection in my pocket. Right now I've got about 6 of the 16 GB free :)
The glass might not be Gorilla but is just as good, if not better. Gorilla is a mere commercial name for one manufacturer's fortified glass. Not the bees knees or the only fortified glass out there. I've got no scratches yet despite some abuse in jeans pockets, a few beach days and a couple of drops. Not using any screen condoms or cases-love living dangerously!

Well 16 gig is to small and i could fill it with music 5 times that, haha I personally think that for a flagship model it should have released with a larger capacity. Its a pain in the ass, changing over music or copying new files on. Interesting about the screen and good to know, Some reviews ide meants suggested it wasnt as good as gorilla glass but hearing it from the horses mouth (no offense, haha) makes me think its ok as I was really concerned about the durability.

Ice
3rd January 2012, 08:39 AM
Love my xperia arc - Does everything I want, Is fast enough for me ( I dont game on it so dual core is useless ) - I was tossing up between the Optimus Black too - But the arc kills it - I cant believe Benzino you think the black has a better screen? - No way.

Has a great dev community behind it too - Getting standard sony roms to update it is easy.

I suppose it is considerably better with a 1.4ghz cpu than my 1ghz cpu and the dual core helps with gaming, yes but im talking about general speed of the phone, in and around menu's, apps and settings. My biggest gripe with my galaxy S is that access to the phone or caller menu is that its to slow to respond(the most important part of the phone) same applies for taking a picture....more often than not, ive lost my oppurtunity because im waiting for this thing to load. The GSII for eg, is lightning !

benzino
3rd January 2012, 11:47 AM
I suppose it is considerably better with a 1.4ghz cpu than my 1ghz cpu and the dual core helps with gaming,

are you talking about the sgs2 or the arc s?

and yes, the blacks screen shat on the arc
the arc was dull and colourless and the black was super bright and vibrant
I think it even looks better than AMOLED

Also the black has 2gb internal and the arc only has 320mb, which is absolutely crazy for a new "smart phone"

each to their own, I just can't see how you say that the arc "kills it", if anything they both have features that refine them and subtract from them and are actually quite equal
we could both argue till we're blue in the face about the merits of both of our phones; lets save that energy for apple fanbois instead, aye?

(btw, The Arc does NOT have dual core... it is 1ghz and then in the arc S they OC to 1.4ghz)

MAD-16V
3rd January 2012, 02:41 PM
I don't remember saying the Arc had dual core.. Anyway the arc you viewed was most likely in low power mode ( Makes the screen very dark ) - The 2 phones have the exact same pixel density at 233px - But the arc has a slightly higher resolution and uses an led lit panel instead of the blacks panel wich I believe isn't led lit - making the arc naturally brighter.

The 320mb internal storage is only used for messages / contacts etc - You don't need any more than that considering the phone comes with a 16gb sd - also the optimus black only has 1gb of that 2gb available for use.

Ice
3rd January 2012, 03:29 PM
I was talking about the arc S and its 1.4ghz cpu. and yes the arc specs do look very miserly but hey if MAD16V is happy with the speed then thats all that matters.

MAD-16V
3rd January 2012, 03:36 PM
At the end of the day I make phone calls and take photos mainly for facebook / internet forums - And for that purpose it's fine.

I actually used the HDMI out on it the other day - sending text messages on a 40 inch tv is quite amusing :)

benzino
3rd January 2012, 05:16 PM
I don't remember saying the Arc had dual core.. Anyway the arc you viewed was most likely in low power mode ( Makes the screen very dark ) - The 2 phones have the exact same pixel density at 233px - But the arc has a slightly higher resolution and uses an led lit panel instead of the blacks panel wich I believe isn't led lit - making the arc naturally brighter.

The 320mb internal storage is only used for messages / contacts etc - You don't need any more than that considering the phone comes with a 16gb sd - also the optimus black only has 1gb of that 2gb available for use.

you didn't say it was dual core, ICE did

so do you store all your apps on SD?

MAD-16V
3rd January 2012, 05:23 PM
The majority of larger apps allow for sd card install - It's not like im going to try and install Adobe After Effects or something on my phone ;)

poita
3rd January 2012, 05:27 PM
lol its a nerd fight

http://www.industrialinterface.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

Ice
3rd January 2012, 05:38 PM
I meant the dual core for the galaxy S, i know the Arc and Arc S dont have dual core. Lovely phone by the way....the Arc.

MAD-16V
3rd January 2012, 05:43 PM
So is anyone running ICS on any of their devices? - I can get an alpha rom for the arc - But it's not very stable atm.

Ice
3rd January 2012, 05:51 PM
So is anyone running ICS on any of their devices? - I can get an alpha rom for the arc - But it's not very stable atm.

Good idea to change the subject :) Galaxy S II will be getting it I believe and Darkyrom has released a base rom :)

MAD-16V
3rd January 2012, 05:57 PM
Sony's not due to start the rollout of ics until April/March :( - Hopefully a fully functional rom will be released before then so I can nab it!

I had a clean official 2.3.4 rom months and months before the Aussie rollout - So much better without all that optus bloatware on it!

Ice
3rd January 2012, 06:11 PM
I had a clean official 2.3.4 rom months and months before the Aussie rollout - So much better without all that optus bloatware on it!

tell me about it! Europe had 2.3.5 while they were still in testing 2.3.3 here in Australia.......pfffft and Optus had the rom for about 2 months before its release.

poita
3rd January 2012, 06:46 PM

ICS for the SGS2 leaked a couple of days ago. One of the guys at work is running it, says it's smooth as and no FC yet.

Vectracious
3rd January 2012, 10:32 PM
has anyone else found the current version of facebook for android is sloooooooooooooow. Ever since I upgraded to the new version - it runs like crap on my phone (Desire S)

poita
3rd January 2012, 10:42 PM
runs fine for me pete.

guy 27
3rd January 2012, 10:46 PM
runs fine for me pete.

+1

found the new version quicker on my phone.

Feelinlucky75
3rd January 2012, 10:52 PM
I have found it a bit slower on mine p2... Must be a HTC thing...

Though I know this tapatalk force quitting is bloody annoying...

Vectracious
3rd January 2012, 11:33 PM
Must be a HTC thing...

Maybe they are trying to force us to use friendstream... :skep:

hazrd
4th January 2012, 06:33 AM
runs like rubbish on my desire

Maybe they are trying to force us to use friendstream... :skep:

deleted friendstream, just as rubbish! im using Friendcaster Pro. free from the usual sources about $4 from the market. its not perfect, but its faster than the sh!t can app for android

Ice
4th January 2012, 10:39 AM
has anyone else found the current version of facebook for android is sloooooooooooooow. Ever since I upgraded to the new version - it runs like crap on my phone (Desire S)

Galaxy S yep first time i get a force close and then works slow next time i open it......frikin POS !

dieselhead
4th January 2012, 11:16 AM
ICS 4.02 running very well on my SGN. The Facebook app running smoothly as well. Looking forward to 4.03 upgrade when I get to it...

PaulyJ
4th January 2012, 11:18 AM
I've had no problems at all

poita
4th January 2012, 11:21 AM
ICS 4.02 running very well on my SGN. The Facebook app running smoothly as well. Looking forward to 4.03 upgrade when I get to it...

how much different/better it ICS to HC?

dieselhead
4th January 2012, 11:28 AM
Much smoother, slicker icons and transitions, faster... Not easy to tell really when all I can do is compare it to my Xoom that has totally different hardware but still, ICS looks like a major step forward for Android.

poita
4th January 2012, 11:47 AM
Much smoother, slicker icons and transitions, faster... Not easy to tell really when all I can do is compare it to my Xoom that has totally different hardware but still, ICS looks like a major step forward for Android.

contemplating doing my SGS2, might wait for a custom rom though. hate the bloatware that comes on everything

PaulyJ
4th January 2012, 11:52 AM
I'm just leaving my sgs2 the way it is
its great, no need to change

dieselhead
4th January 2012, 12:13 PM
So what are you saying Pauly, you won't upgrade to ICS next month when Sammy's churning the update? :)

PaulyJ
4th January 2012, 12:38 PM
Look I might... never said i wouldn't do, just no point me doing it now
i'll see what it's like, if I like i'll update

Vectracious
4th January 2012, 01:07 PM
hmmm, dont think HTC will release a ICS for the Desire S from what I've read.

poita
4th January 2012, 01:20 PM
hmmm, dont think HTC will release a ICS for the Desire S from what I've read.

XDA is your friend

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1373449

Vectracious
4th January 2012, 01:38 PM
XDA is your friend

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1373449

yeah I know I can get a ROM from there but the effort to go and root the phone and return it back to stock if it all stuffs up to not void warranty is not "worth it" for me because Gingerbread is more than adequate for me.

poita
4th January 2012, 01:40 PM
You on gingerbread or honeycomb?

Is your Android version a 2.?? or a 3.??

If your still on GB could explain why your having issues with apps being slow

Vectracious
4th January 2012, 01:42 PM
You on gingerbread or honeycomb?

Is your Android version a 2.?? or a 3.??

If your still on GB could explain why your having issues with apps being slow

Gingerbread - 2.3

I thought Honeycomb was only for tablets....

Only app that is slow is Facebook - everything else works fine.

poita
4th January 2012, 01:48 PM
nevermind me, im a bit special

have been playing with a few roms on my phone and tablet.

my phones on 2.3 too, be good once ICS rolls out fully and there is a uniform OS for both forms

PaulyJ
4th January 2012, 02:06 PM
2.3.3 i think is the latest one

hazrd
4th January 2012, 02:09 PM
Still stuck on 2.3.3 here. not going to bother upgrading or rooting anymore since ill have an S2 within the next month or two anyway

poita
4th January 2012, 02:29 PM
Just put 2.3.6 on :)

hazrd
4th January 2012, 02:34 PM
HTC doesnt advise that the update is available to download :(

poita
4th January 2012, 02:37 PM
The custom roms are always available before the official ones for some reason.

It has a full ICS theme on it now :)

Shay
4th January 2012, 08:21 PM
Will i be able to get ICS on my A500 Tablet? As an auto update if possible... cos i wasnt born leet

poita
4th January 2012, 09:38 PM
Will i be able to get ICS on my A500 Tablet? As an auto update if possible... cos i wasnt born leet

As with everything there is custom roms out for it already.

But from what I understand, and after reading a few ICS road maps it will be out for the A500 by about mid Feb.

It will be a OTA (over the air) update as all are too.

Ice
5th January 2012, 01:18 AM
A hard rest will fix it Pete, find the reset code for your phone, make sure all is backed up and then on the dial pad enter the code. This doesn't void warranty! Puts it back to bog stock so it'll be nice and quick :)

ta ta ta ta tapatalk on The i9000

Vectracious
5th January 2012, 08:59 AM
A hard rest will fix it Pete, find the reset code for your phone, make sure all is backed up and then on the dial pad enter the code. This doesn't void warranty! Puts it back to bog stock so it'll be nice and quick :)

ta ta ta ta tapatalk on The i9000

What about all the apps I have paid for on android market?

Sent from the MAGI.

poita
5th January 2012, 09:26 AM
Will have to reinstall them all

If not install titanium backup before you do it to back your info up first.

A hard reset will wipe everything, text contacts everything so be careful with it!

hazrd
5th January 2012, 09:55 AM
titanium backup only works on rooted devices :(

03srit
5th January 2012, 11:07 AM
Spewing! GTA 3 doesn't work on my desire hd with runnymede Rom. Looks awesome too before it freezes.

Time to upgrade to dual core me thinks.

Neeko
5th January 2012, 11:10 AM
Spewing! GTA 3 doesn't work on my desire hd with runnymede Rom. Looks awesome too before it freezes.

Time to upgrade to dual core me thinks.

Works amazing on my phone :D

PaulyJ
5th January 2012, 11:13 AM
might just need to get this...

wook
9th January 2012, 09:25 PM
is there any way of getting rid of ads on unrooted phones? ads on angry birds and such

poita
9th January 2012, 09:32 PM
Buy the ad free version :p

Vectracious
9th January 2012, 10:16 PM
Buy the ad free version :p

+1

Feelinlucky75
9th January 2012, 10:49 PM
Got the game "crawl 4x4" yesterday, wasted a good chunk of the day on it... Pretty basic but mad addictive once you start modding your car... As a bonus, if you get the free version and don't have WiFi or mobile net on while playing, it still let's you play just the ads don't load and it let's you press continue... :D

dglewis80
9th January 2012, 11:38 PM
I'm getting stuck into Where's My Water?

Disney game, but does get tricky.

Feelinlucky75
10th January 2012, 12:42 AM
I'm getting stuck into Where's My Water?

Disney game, but does get tricky.

That's one of those plumber games isn't it?... Turn the pipes till they will flow the right way?

dglewis80
10th January 2012, 07:33 AM
That's one of those plumber games isn't it?... Turn the pipes till they will flow the right way?

Similar, but then in starts in involve chemicals, steam, explosives and other stuff. You also have to find other stuff and collect ducks.

hazrd
10th January 2012, 07:51 AM
So let me summarize that..... Chemicals, steam, explosives, and......... ducks? :lol:

PaulyJ
10th January 2012, 08:18 AM
Well I've been playing GTA3 on SGS2 for the last few days and freakin love it!

Neeko
10th January 2012, 10:18 AM
Well I've been playing GTA3 on SGS2 for the last few days and freakin love it!
not bad eh :)

PaulyJ
10th January 2012, 10:22 AM
Brings back so many memories

Neeko
10th January 2012, 10:26 AM
Brings back so many memories
your days of crime?

PaulyJ
10th January 2012, 10:27 AM
No, picking up pro's and going for a drive...

hazrd
10th January 2012, 10:40 AM
No, picking up pro's and going for a drive...

dont forget running them over when you're finished with them !

Feelinlucky75
10th January 2012, 10:42 AM
Just upated to android 2.3.5, is good... :)

hazrd
10th January 2012, 10:51 AM
Just upated to android 2.3.5, is good... :)
Which phone?

Feelinlucky75
10th January 2012, 10:53 AM
Desire hd... Looks awesome... Some nice changes... Keyboard is a little better, can get to messages, email, dialer and camera from the lock screen after pressing the top button...

poita
10th January 2012, 11:19 AM
super stickman golf, massively addicted.

also an old fave, stick cricket

PaulyJ
10th January 2012, 11:20 AM
Stick Cricket is the best toilet game
Stickman golf... might need to get that one

Feelinlucky75
10th January 2012, 01:21 PM
Just Playing with my phone again, messages are now in bubbles like on iPhone lol... Oh and there is a cool slideshow you can have as a lock screen background :D

poita
10th January 2012, 01:22 PM
there is an app you can get that gives iphone os notification windows too lol

PaulyJ
10th January 2012, 01:30 PM
i got a sgs2 to get away from apple... don't want apps to bring me back :D

Feelinlucky75
10th January 2012, 01:41 PM
there is an app you can get that gives iphone os notification windows too lol

The missus has an app that gives the entire os the look of ios lol

hazrd
10th January 2012, 01:46 PM
The missus has an app that gives the entire os the look of ios lol

Thats almost like putting a ford logo onto a holden :crazy:

Feelinlucky75
10th January 2012, 03:55 PM
Thats almost like putting a ford logo onto a holden :crazy:

Lol I know hey... Told her she should have just bought an iPhone.. lol

gman
10th January 2012, 07:16 PM
Thinking of buying a Galaxy Note or the Galaxy S II to replace the iFail or maybe keep the iFail and just get a Galaxy Tab...

Suggestion??

poita
10th January 2012, 07:23 PM
Have you held a Galaxy Note? They are too big imo for a phone.

Get a SGS2 and an Asus Transformer Prime or Acer A700 if you want a tablet

Feelinlucky75
10th January 2012, 09:17 PM
Have you held a Galaxy Note? They are too big imo for a phone.

Get a SGS2 and an Asus Transformer Prime or Acer A700 if you want a tablet

Biiiiig +1 on this... The note is huge for a phone..

Ice
10th January 2012, 10:35 PM
yep again, just to big to be a phone, the GS2 is as big as you should go....some even argue that this us also to big.

The Asus is def the way to go for a tab also :) can't wait to get mine!

poita
10th January 2012, 10:41 PM
yep again, just to big to be a phone, the GS2 is as big as you should go....some even argue that this us also to big.

The Asus is def the way to go for a tab also :) can't wait to get mine!

btw ICS is available for it now :)

Ice
10th January 2012, 10:51 PM
Released yesterday in the states, soon to follow here :)

poita
10th January 2012, 10:52 PM
Released yesterday in the states, soon to follow here :)

mate has it on his, installed it today

Ice
10th January 2012, 11:43 PM
And whats his verdict ?

poita
11th January 2012, 12:04 AM
And whats his verdict ?

ICS on tablet is awesome!

will have a play tomorrow and let you know ;)

Ice
11th January 2012, 08:05 AM
ICS on tablet is awesome!

will have a play tomorrow and let you know ;)

the day its out, im going to be all over this thing, haha ill be watching here for your review :)

Ice
11th January 2012, 08:12 AM
http://ces.cnet.com/8301-33378_1-57354292/asus-transformer-prime-gets-major-screen-upgrade/

I HATE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY !

gman
11th January 2012, 01:35 PM
Looks like I have to wait for the new one to come out now!!! :(

Ice
11th January 2012, 02:30 PM
Looks like I have to wait for the new one to come out now!!! :(

im not sure i have the patience.....ive been waiting 6 months, haha

poita
3rd February 2012, 11:54 PM
not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing to have.

would be good to piss people off with though :lol:

and to also see who's on your network easily

http://www.redmondpie.com/wifikill-for-android-lets-you-cut-network-connection-to-devices-on-your-wifi-root-only/

gman
6th February 2012, 03:08 PM
Quick Report:

Asus Transformer Prime with ICS is running and IS AWESOME!! Quick, easy to use and much better than the iPad2 the other half has. Video looks amazing in 1080, play is smooth and no more re-coding for the iFail devices. Good apps and solid results so far.

Its a good thing!! :thumbs:

Ice
6th February 2012, 08:38 PM
Same here gman, but after I returned my first for a hardware fault. Since not one crash and its silky smooth

poita
6th February 2012, 08:43 PM
you dont have a good run with nerd toys do you

Ice
6th February 2012, 11:42 PM
you dont have a good run with nerd toys do you

well the Asus was faulty hardware so unlucky, the galaxy was completely my fault (wtf was i thinking....seriously, haha), the 5850 graphics card was also not my fault but eventually resolved, meh it happens. had a pretty good run really !

nick_sixx
9th February 2012, 09:57 PM
Replaced the digitizer of my old phone (htc desire z). Working like a charm! I really love that phone but replaced it with an SGS2 when the touchscreen stopped working. Such a waste of money because I've since sold the Samsung and have been using ifail 4s since November

Silver Surfer
12th February 2012, 01:43 PM
Im looking forward to this landing here
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s-4369.php
Thoughts please

poita
12th February 2012, 02:21 PM
i dont like the move to micro sim

and the battery life seems absolutely woeful!

you'd be flat out getting half a day out of it

just as a comparo to the galaxy s2 -> http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3621&idPhone2=4369

Silver Surfer
12th February 2012, 02:28 PM
battery life would be a pain Will have to wait for more nxt releases

Shay
12th February 2012, 10:37 PM
Been playing fruit ninja and loving it!

Ice
28th March 2012, 09:28 PM
see the new Kies air ? just got the update and is pretty handy. eliminates the need for a cable, does it all through wireless home.

poita
29th March 2012, 03:51 AM
airdroid ftmfw! has always done that.

kies would never work for me. must be due to the custom firmwares i use

Nurb608
29th March 2012, 11:15 AM
New phone today as the xperia was shutting me!

SGS24G :)

dglewis80
29th March 2012, 11:19 AM
New phone today as the xperia was shutting me!

SGS24G :)

Hate you! :p

Nurb608
29th March 2012, 11:23 AM
Hate you! :p

It's a work phone :)

Your's is due too

dglewis80
29th March 2012, 11:30 AM
It's a work phone :)

Your's is due too

I know, but in the specification I put the SGS2 I forgot about the 4G

Nurb608
29th March 2012, 11:37 AM
I know, but in the specification I put the SGS2 I forgot about the 4G

$79 plan, no additional cost

hazrd
29th March 2012, 11:38 AM
And there is only 4G coverage in Melb CBD atm :p

Assuming that will change over the next year or two though

PaulyJ
29th March 2012, 11:39 AM
Hopefully it should, hopefully...

poita
29th March 2012, 01:33 PM
Don't see the point of the SGS24G, the only difference is the 4G

On a network that covers barely 1% of Australia.

Nurb608
29th March 2012, 01:42 PM
Don't see the point of the SGS24G, the only difference is the 4G

On a network that covers barely 1% of Australia.

Processor is better, runs dual 3g, larger screen, larger battery etc

poita
29th March 2012, 01:53 PM
Processor is better, runs dual 3g, larger screen, larger battery etc

so there is a difference!

gsmarena lied to me! -> http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3621&idPhone2=4059

Nurb608
29th March 2012, 02:13 PM
so there is a difference!

gsmarena lied to me! -> http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3621&idPhone2=4059

Lol, yes they did. I got the specs of telstra the other week to check over.

Nurb608
29th March 2012, 04:14 PM
As a speed example, S2 in Sydney downloaded at 3.45mbps, here's mine in Melton.

http://img.tapatalk.com/3aa3afac-efb4-44b3.jpg

2002_XC
5th April 2012, 09:02 AM
Scramble with friends (search scramble free)
Get it

hazrd
5th April 2012, 09:38 AM
Your move...

2002_XC
5th April 2012, 09:39 AM
:woohoo1:

2002_XC
5th April 2012, 10:19 AM
bring it bitch

Vectracious
12th April 2012, 07:08 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/3ce6aaf6-9b76-28cb.jpg

Can't wait to get back and play with it.

Nurb608
12th April 2012, 07:09 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/3ce6aaf6-9b76-28cb.jpg

Can't wait to get back and play with it.

Did I mention how much I hate you right now? :p

Vectracious
12th April 2012, 07:12 PM
Did I mention how much I hate you right now? :p

Officeworks 377 on special.

Nurb608
12th April 2012, 07:14 PM
Officeworks 377 on special.

Gee's that bloody cheap!

adam_92
12th April 2012, 07:16 PM
Aren't they normally $700+??

Nurb608
12th April 2012, 07:21 PM
Aren't they normally $700+??

That would be the prime that Glenn has i think?

Vectracious
12th April 2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah, this is the wifi only one. Don't need the 3g and if I'm using it out can tether it wirelessly to my phone and use my data off that.

Nurb608
12th April 2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah, this is the wifi only one. Don't need the 3g and if I'm using it out can tether it wirelessly to my phone and use my data off that.

Thats exactly what i was thinking for when i got one.

Vectracious
12th April 2012, 08:25 PM
Thats exactly what i was thinking for when i got one.

I've got 1.5 gb of data on my phone and only use about 30mb of it because phone goes onto wifi at work and home. No point paying another data gee for a tablet.

Vectracious
12th April 2012, 10:11 PM
Winning.

Tablet just upgraded to ICS

:-D

gman
13th April 2012, 12:02 PM
I love my Transformer Prime!! And with the extra battery in the keyboard it really is a great thing. You do get weird looks from people when you're sitting with what looks like a small notebook and you're swiping across the screen.

But it kills the iPad and the Kindle and Zinio magazine features make it excellent for traveling. Video is great and ICS ROCKS!! :D

Shay
13th April 2012, 06:53 PM
Zinio is pretty fricken awesome ay!

gman
13th April 2012, 06:55 PM
Yes it is!!! Racecar Engineering is my FAVORITE MAGAZINE!!

JMZ
20th April 2012, 09:24 AM
Received my replacement phone the other day after my HTC Legend decided to take a big swan dive into the stormwater pit outside out new place.

HTC Sensation XL

It's 'kin huge but super cool. I've only had it for two days so i'm still yet to discover it's ins and outs but already i've noticed the internet connection is 10x quicker than the Legend and the 8mp camera is great. Beats Audio is....well....meh. there's a big difference in the sound but I'm not sure it's for the better. I like my bass more than my treble and Beats seems to bring it all back to level.

I think I need to research it a bit more to see what it's true capabilities are. The dude at vodafone said the Beats headphones aren't where the quality comes from, it's the software on your phone. Sure, you'll get a better listening experience with the $380 headphones but unless all you do is listen to music all day and work in a sound studio, there's no real point in getting them, your standard earphones will do the trick quite nicely.

PaulyJ
24th April 2012, 05:22 PM
Currently downloading ICS for SGS2... lets see how it goes.

poita
24th April 2012, 05:34 PM
Its like a new phone with ics!!

PaulyJ
24th April 2012, 05:39 PM
94%...
almost there

Ice
24th April 2012, 05:41 PM
screw you PJ! haha

I have an unbranded S2 and normally i would be the first to get it but now turns out I have to wait until all the carriers get it ! ahhhhhhhhh

PaulyJ
24th April 2012, 05:43 PM
hahahaha can you shut up!
You're sitting 2m away from me like a little schoolkid

PaulyJ
24th April 2012, 05:56 PM
oh my... :D

poita
24th April 2012, 06:00 PM
Root and xda developers. Currently running criskelo v7.

Vectracious
24th April 2012, 06:01 PM
Currently downloading ICS for SGS2... lets see how it goes.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/rayzah_blade/Thread%20pics/napoleon_lucky.jpg

PaulyJ
24th April 2012, 06:04 PM
face recognition is nuts!
love it!

Ice
24th April 2012, 06:41 PM
Rolling out to Optus now....Optus branded that is

PaulyJ
24th April 2012, 07:21 PM
Oh it's so good!