PDA

View Full Version : Astra SRi owners, need your assistance!

Anonymous
11th November 2004, 05:25 PM
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if somebody could lend me their astra SRi front lip for autosalon. It will be for the 2 days only, and I won't be driving around with it on, so no chance of it getting ruined, etc.

If anybody could help me, I'd be more than happy to give them a couple of 6 packs of coronas 8)

I'm going to be getting some opelaus.com stickers for the event as well.

Any help appreciated guys,
Don

1OPL2C
11th November 2004, 05:28 PM
kool.. ur gonna be in autosalon?

where abouts will your car be in?

Anonymous
11th November 2004, 05:38 PM
will most likely be with dtm. a member has invited me 8)

it's all depending on whther or not i can get the lip though :oops:

wishbone
11th November 2004, 06:09 PM
heeh.. i just took my old car to aami to get fixed
my mum (who drives it now) hit it last night :(
as we arent using it right now.. i could have taken it off..
but then again..i could have taken it off as they are clearly gunna replace hte bumper now :P
i could have said it fell off somewherE?? id unno ahhaa

Anonymous
11th November 2004, 06:26 PM
whats the damage like on it?

if you could, is there any way that you could ring the smash repair shop, and ask for the front lip?

Anonymous
11th November 2004, 06:28 PM
Sorry to be so hasty guys.

The rep from dtm needs to know within the next day if I'm coming or not.

Mitch
11th November 2004, 06:28 PM
What is it with all these Astras being involved in accidents lately? :?

Anonymous
11th November 2004, 06:59 PM
Its a SRi Thing, Its seem only Star Silver SRis' get hit in the Front.
If I was in Sydney Autumn, I'd accomodate ya. But It would cost Heaps to send it from Melb.

Anonymous
11th November 2004, 07:03 PM
LOL, that's pretty understandable! Thanks anyway ;)

too bad holden sell them for an arm and a leg.

Not to mention I don't trust ebay. :(

BassyAstra
11th November 2004, 08:11 PM
What is it with all these Astras being involved in accidents lately? :?
Mitch, what do you mean. :oops:

These were taken with my phone and then edited smaller.

Mitch
11th November 2004, 08:17 PM
Ouch!! :(

BassyAstra
11th November 2004, 08:19 PM
Ouch!!

:cry:

astra_city
11th November 2004, 08:22 PM
oh damn that's pretty nasty :( Hope you get the car back relatively soon

BassyAstra
11th November 2004, 08:38 PM
It was a write off now im in my blacky Astra H, check the ICE section for pics. :lol:

KevinFok
11th November 2004, 10:05 PM
ouchies how ya do that man

and did i read wrong on the picture details 2 MONTHS OLD

Nem
11th November 2004, 10:34 PM
I've got a front SRi bumper you could loan. Pity about the fact Im in Darwin though. :|

NUTTTR
11th November 2004, 10:56 PM
the front lip doesn't just "come" off, you'd need the whole bumper, because getting it off (silastic and double sided taped) is easy, getting to stick back on, well that's another story all together, just ask holden about how many come back in for the umpteenth time to get them stuck back on :) I'd love to lend ya mine, but the car is blue and it's colour coded and i ain't taking it off, took too damn long to get it to stay on!

BassyAstra
12th November 2004, 12:18 PM
and did i read wrong on the picture details 2 MONTHS OLD

yeah it was only 2months old.

I slipped off the road when it was raining, into a telegraph pole, in peak hour doing 60, my mate was drivin his 4WD behind me and couldnt believe what had happened.

Checkout the windscreen, the air bag smashed it on the passenger side, lucky no1 was sitting there.

Nothing "reckless" was going on while i was driving either.
Brakes and steering locked up, NO abs on the astra CD.
Now ive got ABS on the AH. :x

Anonymous
13th November 2004, 12:41 AM
thanks guys. i got the bumper from smelly tofu today (bought it)

I've taken the lip off tonight. In the process, I left fine scratches at the bottom of the bumper (damn silastic is a son of a ..... material to work with).

Not to worry, I'll have this bumper sanded back, modified a little and resprayed later down the track.

Nuttr. LOL, i just figured out it's going to be a bit hard to stick on! I'll probably buy some industrial strenght double sided tape for autosalon, and take the lip off, after.

Thanks for the responses guys, and thanks to those who hijacked this thread. (bassy astra, I'm looking at you! :P )

NUTTTR
13th November 2004, 01:13 AM
Go to a smash repairer and try and get some double sided tape off them, they have the stuff :) Even then, i'd stick it on that day, because if it's not a perfect stick, it won't last a day!! lol, they are very springy, silastic - go to Bunning and get a black metal tube (goes in a caulking gun) of "sikaflex", it's white when it comes out, and is industrial strength for truck backs and stuff like that, you pretty much have to take the front bumper off to stick it too :) Double side tape it, then from underneath you use pretty much the WHOLE tube (yes the whole tube) along the inside, make sure it's clean first or it won't last! if tis' really clean you will be right for quite a long time :)
Aaron

Anonymous
13th November 2004, 04:32 PM
thought as much...

i have the selastic in my garage, but dont want to touch the stuff yet.

I might just take the front bar to a wrecker, with the SRi front lip, cleaned and ready to go.

I really don't want to ruin it :oops:

NUTTTR
13th November 2004, 05:41 PM
Use the silastic i said :) Don't use normal stuff, holden did, took them 3 goes to fix it, when they couldn't, someone ran into me, smash repairers used double sided tape only, didn't take long to start coming off, so stuck it back down, silastic, yay!!!! It's worse if you park your car in the sun all the time i found.... However the lip is springy plastic, which means it will "pull" off anywhere it's not not under tension if that makes sense :) If you only want it on for a day, then that's excellent, because minimal work to get it to stay for a day, permanently is a different story :)
Aaron

Anonymous
13th November 2004, 06:27 PM
autumn you interested in selling the SRI bumper with the lip after your done with the car show??? i would buy it for more than you paid :D gimmie a PM or whatever man, also glad to hear you got something :D

NUTTTR
13th November 2004, 06:33 PM
He paid $15,584 for it ROFL ;)

Anonymous
13th November 2004, 06:36 PM
hehehe very funny :P

Anonymous
13th November 2004, 06:42 PM
yeah opel, i paid 20,000 for it :)

nah man, this is a keeper. after autosalon, I'll be looking at taking it to a smash repair shop

i'm pretty strapped for cash at the moment.

Anonymous
13th November 2004, 07:06 PM
yea np :P dont blame you i wouldnt let go of it either, i might just try buy a SRI :P once again man gratz on an awsome deal there, i wont lie i tried to out bid you lol all in good fun i still wouldve let you borrow it :D

Bernard Siong
13th November 2004, 07:10 PM
i wont lie i tried to out bid you

PWAHAHAHHAHAAHHA
hahaa

Anonymous
13th November 2004, 07:14 PM
well i didnt really know if he actually wanted one for good or just for the show, thus why i was very willing to let him borrow it for the autosalon :) (if i got it that was)

Anonymous
14th November 2004, 03:19 PM
lol, i knew there would be some people trying to possibly out bid me on it 8)

it's just sitting here at the moment, waiting for me to take it my uncles mates smash repairs to be attached :lol:

Mitch
14th November 2004, 06:44 PM
"Don't hate me because i'm beautiful"

You love yourself.

ultim8DTM5
14th November 2004, 07:39 PM
"Don't hate me because i'm beautiful"

You love yourself.

Haha random!

Anonymous
14th November 2004, 07:41 PM
hey mitch, your last name wouldnt happen to be obrien would it???
I had a mate at school (which i no longer keep in touch with) called mitch, and he was pretty surly..... :lol:

Mitch
14th November 2004, 09:11 PM
hey mitch, your last name wouldnt happen to be obrien would it???
I had a mate at school (which i no longer keep in touch with) called mitch, and he was pretty surly..... :lol:

lol nah my last name is Andrews :P

Anonymous
14th November 2004, 09:38 PM
i was tlaking about the car... :P like people shouldnt hate it because it looks good lol

ultim8DTM5
14th November 2004, 09:44 PM
Don: try 3M double sided tape I know thats what Aaron was using last autosalon with his rear CF AC-Schnitzer boot spoiler. Although it kept coming loose :?

Anonymous
15th November 2004, 12:01 AM
yeah, if push comes to shove, and the smash repairer doesnt have the time, i'll be going the channel 10 "bright ideas" - I can do anything and everythign with 3m tape" way.... :mrgreen: