PDA

View Full Version : Gman's next mod to the astra

poita
23rd June 2011, 10:41 PM
Well mate, since you've gone as far as you have so far

This is the next logical step

It's being built for WTAC 2011

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011/06/20/builds-gt-gt-1000hp-carbon-r35-gt-r.aspx

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/11%20Charles/June/wng/r35/1/23.jpg

gman
23rd June 2011, 11:31 PM
I like your thinking!!

I was supposed to be running in WTAC this year in the club class but alas I am in HK instead!!! :(

Maybe next year ;)

Sent from........

Wraith
24th June 2011, 08:50 AM
Far out that's gonna be one spastic GTR...:eek6:

poita
24th June 2011, 10:59 AM
And it's a genuine R35 as well, not a mock up

Plate no 15 it is

Wraith
24th June 2011, 01:02 PM
And it's a genuine R35 as well, not a mock up

Plate no 15 it is

Seems like a waste of the original car :(

guy 27
24th June 2011, 01:07 PM

i disagree.

gmonkey
24th June 2011, 01:46 PM
I love when the gtr was released it was said to be untuneable haha and here we are with a 1000bhp one

ChrisMaz
24th June 2011, 03:11 PM

Sell the panels and Interior. Could make a killing selling off all the parts that have been ripped out.

adam_92
24th June 2011, 03:51 PM
If you have the money to do that would you really be bothered about trying to make money back by selling original parts ???

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Wraith
24th June 2011, 04:49 PM
If you have the money to do that would you really be bothered about trying to make money back by selling original parts ???

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

That was along the lines of my thinking when I posted earlier...

Obviously it's a case of this person being able to and wanting to do such a project and I'm sure we'd all like to see the finished results, but IMO it's still a waste of the original car whichever way you look at it :(

guy 27
24th June 2011, 05:25 PM
That was along the lines of my thinking when I posted earlier...

Obviously it's a case of this person being able to and wanting to do such a project and I'm sure we'd all like to see the finished results, but IMO it's still a waste of the original car whichever way you look at it :(

The owner has a modified road version as well. When you consider that other teams competing make a stock or even slightly modified r35 seem slow you need to heavily modify one to be in the running which he is doing.

Not a waste of a car at all. IMHO a car that sits and only gets driven once in a blue moon is a waste.

Wraith
27th June 2011, 12:45 PM
The owner has a modified road version as well. When you consider that other teams competing make a stock or even slightly modified r35 seem slow you need to heavily modify one to be in the running which he is doing.

Not a waste of a car at all. IMHO a car that sits and only gets driven once in a blue moon is a waste.

That's fair enough, as said if he is able to and wanting to do it, it's he's perogative...

Good to see he's got others handy as well :)

BTW cars driven once a blue moon arn't necessarily a waste, they give great joy when the occaision arises - not sure if you were refering to myself ?? but for me it's a case of having multiple cars so it's enevitable that they can't be always or regurlarly driven anyway...

gman
27th June 2011, 02:02 PM
BTW cars driven once a blue moon arn't necessarily a waste, they give great joy when the occaision arises - not sure if you were refering to myself ?? but for me it's a case of having multiple cars so it's enevitable that they can't be always or regurlarly driven anyway...

I will whole heartedly agree with this :)

Wraith
27th June 2011, 03:50 PM
I will whole heartedly agree with this :)

Yes in your case, one of your pride n joys is stowed away whilst your in another Country...

Think someone was just trying to have a dig at me :)

guy 27
27th June 2011, 06:54 PM
Think someone was just trying to have a dig at me :)

wasn't having a dig mate.

i've known people who buy cars just to keep as a trophy and maybe drive it every now and then. one owner even went as far as to put his ferrari in a plastic bubble while not being used.

but the point of the r35 is not a car to just sit there and admire. it was built by nissan to be driven and knowing their target market they even help out with modifications on it so owners can get what they want out of them.

Wraith
27th June 2011, 08:42 PM
wasn't having a dig mate.

i've known people who buy cars just to keep as a trophy and maybe drive it every now and then. one owner even went as far as to put his ferrari in a plastic bubble while not being used.

but the point of the r35 is not a car to just sit there and admire. it was built by nissan to be driven and knowing their target market they even help out with modifications on it so owners can get what they want out of them.

I know all about the R35...

I'm probably the biggest fan of this car on this forum since its inception, if you check out the original thread on it here from a while ago when it first appeared, you'll see that for yourself :)

I understand the above car being modded for its intended purpose, just still can't accept seeing any R35 castrated like that straight from the assembly line, but as said am happy to know the owner has others as well, good on him...

Oh and my old Calibra used to be stored away in a plastic bubble once upon a time when not in use :D

CNBLU
28th June 2011, 10:05 AM
Modding is in our blood Ange! You show me one car on here that isnt modded...dosent mean its a waste, we just like putting our own stamp on it :)

hazrd
28th June 2011, 12:18 PM
Jens Astra :p

Edit: Scratch that... Lowered :facepalm: I can't even leave my missus car alone :lol:

Wraith
28th June 2011, 12:45 PM
Modding is in our blood Ange! You show me one car on here that isnt modded...dosent mean its a waste, we just like putting our own stamp on it :)

Very true, I like modding and customising to ones own unique taste but not to that extent, although I have myself done it before and once was enough...

I stuffed up having done a full work over job on my old LC XU1 Torana where only parts the shell was left original, what I should've done was just use a basic LC 2 door coupe as it would not have been a waste of a perfectly good and intact performance variant, which is now worth a small fortune if your lucky enough to still have one :)

I do realise you can't do the same in the case of the R35, there arn't any lesser variants to play with :)

Bloodnok
28th June 2011, 01:52 PM
Wraecca's Astra. Work done so far: nothing. One OA 3D Sticker and a set of centrecaps awaiting fitting, but so far, nothing. (Was going to say my Vectra, but it has a Total Closure module fitted).

CNBLU
28th June 2011, 06:27 PM
Did it come standard with the sticker?

guy 27
26th July 2011, 10:07 PM
http://image-cache.boostcruising.com/database/forums/files/post-10-13116613681312063514.jpg

poita
26th July 2011, 10:10 PM
thats actually not it Guy

there is two of them being built ;)

read the rest of the posts on boostloosing

guy 27
26th July 2011, 10:14 PM
thats actually not it Guy

there is two of them being built ;)

read the rest of the posts on boostloosing

who actually reads the posts on boost :lol:

poita
26th July 2011, 10:18 PM
funnily enough i do read a few of them

i need a good laugh sometimes

hazrd
27th July 2011, 08:13 AM
who actually reads the posts on boost :lol:

+1
if they had the naughty word censoring like here, there would be nothing to read :lol:

gman
27th July 2011, 06:10 PM
This is the next aero mod for my car!!!!

http://aeromotions.com/products/r-series/

poita
27th July 2011, 06:16 PM
you'll need this to go with it

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_evsy7EUfesM/S7AUvEIpRkI/AAAAAAAAEfk/r6U430EXL_0/s1600/steam_iron.jpg

Nurb608
27th July 2011, 06:35 PM
And this to throw out the back

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8Z-alGBcgi_uTYmi6pM5eQUmMA4wSVLdFePG9cJ0vjV88L23_

Wraith
28th July 2011, 12:44 PM
This is the next aero mod for my car!!!!

http://aeromotions.com/products/r-series/

Nice, pricey bit of hardware though should help keep the rear down :)

For anyone interested in the R35 GTR and not aware of the main place to get all R35 related info go to the GTR Blog page: www.gtrblog.com it's been going since the R35 was first released :)