PDA

View Full Version : Hot Opels

Reggie
17th June 2011, 07:29 PM
:cornut:Hey there guys n gals....
Im From South Africa and a Proud Opel fan for many years.
Have had a few Opels and currently have the Astra H 1.8 Sport.
Allot of Mods done to it and always find forums like this one helpful with problems i might come across.

Currently i am experiencing a problem with teh foglamps always blowing out, Very Annoying!!!! and thinking off changing the entire fitting to LED. Anyone done this? has it worked out well?

Also another "Bug" the Coolant level sensor! This warning always shows up even though the level is fine, I've been told the Bottle could be the problem, as there is a magnet inside that causes a problem after some time. now im not sure if i should change the bottle or sensor.

Im sure many of you have come across these problems:cornut:

nick_sixx
17th June 2011, 09:29 PM
Mine has the coolant level problem, I normally just top it up past the line by like 100-200ml and it works fine

Nurb608
18th June 2011, 10:31 AM
Mine has the coolant level problem, I normally just top it up past the line by like 100-200ml and it works fine

+1 ;) Except it still goes off going around massive corners at speed, but that's because the water has all shifted to the side of the tank lol.

btm
20th June 2011, 02:10 PM
i think there is a thread on here about foggies blowing all the time. from memory something about wrong fuse or something?

have a seatch and see what you come up with

Reggie
20th June 2011, 03:29 PM
Hey guys thanks i did find another post on the fogs burning out, not much abot how to solve it tho.
On another note im replacing the Water bottle today , car went in for a cambelt Service and they found that the water bottle was faulty, the Cap was not tightening enough as well which causes a loss in pressue and therefore the Coolant level warningm apprently this is very dangerous to drive with as well!