PDA

View Full Version : Paddy here, Just starting up. 05 vectra CDXI stock

Paddy
14th June 2011, 10:49 PM
Hi,

After reading forums on the site for a long time I decided to join up to get some info on up and coming events with my loved Vecy C 2005 CDXI. This baby reminds me of my older Torana hatch, not too big, not too small, Powerful, Hatchback, fuel efficient, all the mod cons. Just love it and it still looks great. The missus loves surprising little jap cars at the lights - she knows how to use the sports shifter!

I live in Brisbane and am close to my120K service so you all know what I'm going through. I don't want this baby to get some crap half arsed job on her as I'm heading of on a road trip down the East coast at Christmas.

I love my vectra CDXI and I've kept it pure stock mainly due to warranty constraints however as I near the big service and warranty is expiring I'm looking at info for servicing and some possible tweaks to the performance etc.

The car is well maintained and has given me no major issues yet, touch wood. Usual issues such as brakes wearing, Tires scolloping blah blah.

Anyhow i'll post some issues relating to the 120K service - fair price and where to get it done in Brisvegas - Best staock tires for her as I'm due for more - heating is a little wonky at the moment but I don't think it's electrical, and my headlights are losing the coating and need reconditioning (Turning slightly yellow) .etc etc.

Who owns the Black vecy C on Logan road holland Park area? it has a nice twin system on it I'd be interested in discussing. I noticed someone else has also seen it.

Anyhow I'll forum my questions over the next few days.

sooty
14th June 2011, 10:55 PM
Welcome to OA

hazrd
14th June 2011, 10:56 PM
Welcome.
You may find a lot of information on the veccy c has been covered in regards to servicing and mechanic locations. if you cant find it in the vectra section, have a crack at the search function :)

guy 27
14th June 2011, 10:57 PM
Welcome to OA

Paddy
14th June 2011, 11:23 PM
Hey,

Checked most of it out. Some stuff covered but I have some specifics so I'll keep checking and then Post if needed.

ChrisMaz
15th June 2011, 02:11 AM
Welcome along Paddy, Great to see another CDXi floating around :)

Dahlia
15th June 2011, 03:10 AM
Welcome!

Shadow110
15th June 2011, 08:00 AM
Welcome to OA!!!

Nurb608
15th June 2011, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the site mate and good choice in cars :) With the 2005 model, you'll find that most issues have already been sorted. I'm sure the QLD guys can recommend some good mechanics up that way for you. In regards to performance, they are probably one of the harder engines to find mods for. Guess it depends what your after and how much spare cash you have laying around.

btm
15th June 2011, 09:53 AM
welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase!

metry
16th June 2011, 07:30 PM
welcome to oa mate