PDA

View Full Version : Rice 4s (Hot 4s) warning

EGG80X
9th November 2004, 10:08 PM
guys,

acticle in the december edition regarding car-modifying
forums becoming hangouts for EPA & the police more & more.
acticle states they are reading forums, collating lists of modified cars & ordering them in for testing
Hot4's advice to any car modifier who has posted details of mods to the cars is to remove them

your views?????

cheers

Mitch
9th November 2004, 10:13 PM
your views?????

Make sure your car is legal and you have nothing to worry about. :)

EGG80X
9th November 2004, 10:18 PM
yes and my car is completely stock, honest

mr_astra_retired
9th November 2004, 10:21 PM
yes and my car is completely stock, honest

Yes we all have stock cars lol

But serious do you really think that the police have time to be on car forums all day trying to find out about cars they can maybe catch on the road??
I dont

Anonymous
9th November 2004, 10:26 PM
they prolly only hit up the major sites :P but we are slowly climbing the social ladder hehehe sounds about right though

EGG80X
9th November 2004, 10:28 PM
just a stupid excuse for the cops to surf the net during work hours

hahahah

journo
10th November 2004, 01:38 AM
The police never cease to amaze the public with their inventive ways to waste public money...

It would not surprise me... the police do have a unit with operatives posing as underage children in online chats (actually.. this one I think is good).

The concept of checking out forums is not out of the question.

I seem to recall the Gold COast traffic branch used a home video to track down several bike riders for doing stunts in teh hinterland on public roads. And yes... they charged them.

freaktown
10th November 2004, 08:45 AM
lol yea i do think they would have a dedicated 'task force' to track down modified cars.

YuSuF
10th November 2004, 09:13 AM
Well if theyre reading now, Nerrr Nerrr :P

EAK33Y
10th November 2004, 11:33 AM
Theres always cops on NewcastleLaps

Thats why not many put down what they have done to there car on the site

Anonymous
10th November 2004, 11:56 AM
if cops are reading this. you are wasting your time.

do something useful, instead of fart assing around and looking on forums for pod filters!

my brothers mate just got bashed at strathfield station the other night!

kirssn
10th November 2004, 12:29 PM
on a good note about this issue of hot4's.. the write up in RUF is in there... along with my other half and OMG low and behold, a pic of a commodore with a 671 blower!!!!! now is that somethign belongs in this magazine.... :oops:

Jackson
10th November 2004, 04:42 PM
bottom line, if your mods are legal then why not say so, don't say anything if there not ?

Pharkus
10th November 2004, 05:24 PM
Yes legality is always a requirement before you go and do any mod.

Or you could just rice up your ride with a crapload of stickers in a long shopping list down the drivers door to make em check for stuff you don't have. :lol:

Anonymous
10th November 2004, 05:56 PM
The Victorian Police do log into Car Forums. Coz you will amazed by the Stupidity of Some People. They brag whats done to there Car, Then Gino from Rooty Hill Says "Show us a Pic Mate" Barry from Mt Druitt Says" Fine, Check these out" (Failing to cover Numberplates) The Cops see this Take the Rego, But a APB on the Vehicle. Barry loses out and looks like a Wanker.
Hardware Bob(Former OpelAus Site ISP) had a 180SX, Told people all about it on a Forum(MCCR) The TMU Got him and they didn't even need to look at the Car.

frankie9fingers
10th November 2004, 06:27 PM
Maybe we should make up a car that doesn't exsit and brag about it. It'll obviously be unregistered. But we'll send them off on a wild goose chase looking for the mysterious car that........ oh crap! they know our plan now!

journo
11th November 2004, 12:22 AM
Reckon you had better hide that spare car of yours hey Frankie? You know... the Calibra with 20" rims, locked 4WD Diff :shock: twin turboed, nitros injected straight piped with no resonators 9" exhaust registered GOOD1 and running oversize tires... oh... and neons glowing under the body...

Oops... did I forget to pm that??

Jackson
11th November 2004, 12:25 AM
doesn't it have flame thrower as well ?

journo
11th November 2004, 12:45 AM
doesn't it have flame thrower as well ?

Silly me... forgot about that... now that you mention it... that Calibra also has roofracks that extend past the widest part of the car... on BOTH SIDES.

frankie9fingers
11th November 2004, 06:12 PM
as long as they don't find out that i have milk creates for seats and multigrips for a steering wheel, all is good.

Anonymous
11th November 2004, 06:27 PM
And Steel Belts hanging out, No Wipers or Washer Bottle, Removed Bonnet, Snow Plough Front Bar.
Damn ya have a Hot Car Franky ;)

The Sentinel
11th November 2004, 07:40 PM
No, he has a washer bottle.. it just doesn't have any fluid in it :-)

Anonymous
12th November 2004, 07:44 AM
$#@! the police :mrgreen:

ultim8DTM5
12th November 2004, 10:31 AM
$#@! the police :mrgreen:

...another NWA classic.

I know of some police reading forums, and participating because, shock horror, they can be enthusiasts too! :shock:

Pharkus
12th November 2004, 12:02 PM
Maybe the police person with the pursuit astra is on here somewhere?