PDA

View Full Version : Auto information needed

Greenmeanie
7th June 2011, 06:29 PM
I have no experience with vectra auto's :out: What I do have is 2 waiting for their engines to be fixed ,The first one 1999 you have to have the ignition on and foot on the brake to move from PARK. This is normal, I know you can lift the lever with a screwdriver and move it. What I am asking is on the earlier 1998 auto it moves without foot on brake procedure. Is there something broken or was the safety thing added to later autos

Question 2 How many types of auto are there that could be in my cars and how do you tell them apart, plate number or something.

Question 3 Do these autos interchange with different motors or are theykept to a single motor.

Do 20 have different autos to the 2.2 and 2.5 and 2.6 V6 Are there a preferred auto to look for.
Any answers appreciated Thanks Chris :thumbs:

vectra.lee
7th June 2011, 08:03 PM
Just answering your question from experience only, my in-laws have a 2000 Camry that can shift gears when ever you want. No ignition, no foot on brake, u can just slide it down.
I don't think it's a break. My 88 Camry did that too. Never felt 'safe' though. But probably normal?

I think the auto transmission differs. My old 92 Mazda 626 had different transmissions depending on the 4cyl and the V6.
They had different code names. Workshop manual probably specifies?

I don't think I gave any proper answers, sorry. But I read this thread and went "ooh! ooh!" *start typing* "ummm...hmm"

Wraith
9th June 2011, 01:21 PM
I can only speak for the auto in the Calibra V6 which is of Japanese origin/make...

It had an ID plaque on it with model no's. serial, make etc. that's how I knew it was a Jap box...

Regarding its functioning properly or not you may have to get a good auto work shop to have a look at it to know for sure, the one in my old Cali was actually one of the sweetest auto gearboxes I've ever had...shock but true :)