PDA

View Full Version : Astra SRI

jameshill
25th May 2011, 09:39 AM
Hey guys,

I was in the process of securing a veccy c but the owner was dodgey and I had a bad feeling. So onto plan B. I am now looking at a 2004 Astra SRI (non-turbo). I am on my last year of P's so I still cant have turbo.

What are your thoughts? it has 78 thousand on the clock, 2.5" exhaust and alpine stereo.

guy 27
25th May 2011, 09:45 AM
Thought qlders don't get off p's till you're 20?

the 2.2 sri's are a solid car.
just remember that the timing chains need to be done on them every 100k or 5years which ever comes first.

Just don't expect to get big power figures unless you have a bit of money to spend.

jameshill
25th May 2011, 11:03 AM
Oh hahaha my bad, I was obviously dreaming....

Okay cool, I not really after big figures just responsiveness. But what mods are you talking about when you say a bit of money?

guy 27
25th May 2011, 11:51 AM
if you want to do any more than just exhaust and intake side of things you will either need an aftermarket ecu or send your ecu overseas to get remapped.

If you're just after responsivness. go for cat back exhaust, de-pre cat, ported throttle body and larger intake scoop and the engine becomes much more alive throughout the rev range.

If you want to go further than you will need exhaust manifold, cams and remap and that will see 200bhp. For that you will be looking over the 1k mark with the biggest issue being the remap.

jameshill
25th May 2011, 12:28 PM
Wow, you know your stuff. Where do you get all your aftermarket parts? I have tried ebay, ebay uk and google. I can't find a good site. Any suggestions?

ChrisMaz
25th May 2011, 12:47 PM
http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

guy 27
25th May 2011, 01:21 PM
Where do you get all your aftermarket parts?

As Chris said above. Courtenay sports are great to deal with.

But I also use different suppliers for different parts.

ebay is always good for picking up a bargain.

ChrisMaz
25th May 2011, 02:25 PM
You looking for a Astra G SRi? Or an AH?

jameshill
25th May 2011, 08:47 PM
I am pretty sure its a G. WHy is that? That sites looks gooood!

rjastra
26th May 2011, 01:12 PM
Is the G or H?

The H had a direct injection 2.2L engine. I don't think that engine is a wise choice moving forward as it doesn't like ethanol blended fuels.

hazrd
26th May 2011, 07:10 PM
Is the G or H?

The H had a direct injection 2.2L engine. I don't think that engine is a wise choice moving forward as it doesn't like ethanol blended fuels.

Actually...
http://i56.tinypic.com/2hgd9x2.jpg

:lol:
shits me how the e5 sticker is on there (obviously for the guys overseas), but theres no e5 here :crazy: