PDA

View Full Version : want to polish my car

el_stevoo
23rd May 2011, 09:45 PM
hey guys, just wanted some help on what to use, wanted to do a very very light cut and polish my car to take all the fine scratches out, bear in mind i will be doing it by hand, any help on what products to use would be great.... thanks in advance

guy 27
23rd May 2011, 09:55 PM
megs ultimate compound is easy to use by hand. There are plenty of other products out there as well. Just depends how much you want to spend. Megs UC is pretty cheap and does a good job.

to get best results (dry inbetween stages using microfibre cloth)
wash car
clay bar car
wash again
use megs uc
rinse car
wax.

el_stevoo
24th May 2011, 04:40 PM
oh k already got the meguiars tech wax so ill guess ill use that megs uc obviously meaning ultra cut???, if anyone is interested meguiars stuff is really cheap online due to the aussie dollar :) got my stuff off ebay..
so if i..

wash car
use meg uc
wash car again
then wax

would that be ok???????? because i dnt know what clay bar means :/

sooty
24th May 2011, 04:44 PM
oh k already got the meguiars tech wax so ill guess ill use that megs uc obviously meaning ultra cut???, if anyone is interested meguiars stuff is really cheap online due to the aussie dollar :) got my stuff off ebay..
so if i..

wash car
use meg uc
wash car again
then wax

would that be ok???????? because i dnt know what clay bar means :/
pick yourself up a megs clay kit too, awesome bit of kit and gets all the tiny little impurities off your paint work before you polish, otherwise you're likely to pick them up and rub fresh scratches into the paint as you polish

And by megs UC he means ultimate compound :)

cobey
24th May 2011, 04:49 PM
a clay bar is well worth doing

el_stevoo
24th May 2011, 06:01 PM
thanks for the info sooty, clay bar it is!!!! might have a look online megs stuff from america is pretty damm cheap.... the tech wax cost me 27 buks delivered as retail costs around 50-60 buks...

Hoss
25th May 2011, 06:14 PM
Megs Scratch X is good for the removal of fine scratches. You could always have a yarn to the Megs tech area.