PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a racing game - recommendations please.

Bloodnok
5th May 2011, 01:53 PM
... and I'm not about to buy a console, so GranTurismo and Forza can be placed in the 'too expensive' basket right now. This has to be for PC.

Another one that can go in the 'too expensive' basket is LFS - I tried the demo of that and decided that if I'm going to get anywhere with it I'm going to need a proper wheel + three pedal setup, which is again something I'm not about to buy right now. I need something that will work with an analogue joystick controller - i.e. no requirement for an analogue clutch, and no requirement for left foot braking.

Currently looking at TDU2 and Shift 2 Unleashed. Anyone played these? I've found some threads about previous versions, but nothing yet about the current versions.

Last NFS game I had was ProStreet, and it was initially a lot of fun - but the fun abruptly stopped when I earned enough money for a decent car. Then it fell to pieces - No matter what I did to the cars, I always encountered the edges of their baked physics, and the AI was always able to cheat it's way round faster than I could. And as for the drifting - the less said about that steaming turd the better. Is Shift 2 any better? Reviews I've seen so far are rather mixed...

What about TDU2? I've never had a 'Test Drive' series game before, so I'm not sure quite what to expect from it...

ChrisMaz
5th May 2011, 03:38 PM
F1 2010. For sure!

Shift I found the handling mechanics flawed. All the cars felt very floaty and skated everywhere. Have you considered Dirt 2? Even GRID was great fun and real intense.

TDU is horrible.

glider
5th May 2011, 05:57 PM
have played gt5 and tdu on ps3 with g27

both were ok

havent really look at any games on the pc yet

benzino
6th May 2011, 12:44 PM
what about dirt 3?

then you can be ken block... lol

fteve
7th May 2011, 06:06 PM
At the risk of being type yelled out, I love NFS shift (and unleashed). Really imersive and realistic enough to be challenging but not annoying

cizSri-T
13th May 2011, 11:39 PM
nfs hot pursuit is good!