PDA

View Full Version : So glad I found y'all!!

susvectra
4th May 2011, 10:27 PM
Greetings everyone,
My name is Carl and I reside in Sydney. I purchased a Vectra C, 3.2 V6 back in Sept 2010 and I was reasonably happy with my purchase at the time. Unfortunately my purchase (from a dealer) didn't include an owners manual. During the months subsequent to my purchase, I learnt what I liked and disliked about the Vectra. Silly I know, I should've done my research before buying but I took it for a test drive and thought it was great for what I was paying.
Anyway, I've since come to learn the European way of thinking, in other words, I've worked out the various features and have kinda become accustomed to how they work. I have to admit, until I found this forum a couple of nights ago, I was becoming fearful that I'd bought a lemon judging from some of the comments I read on another site.
So it is with gratitude that I introduce myself and by that I'd like to thank one and all for some very interesting reading. I've learnt some great tips and more importantly, this forum has restored my confidence in my Veccy. Yes I have a few things to address from a servicing and maintenance perspective, but this forum offers great guidance on where to start and how to approach things.
On a final note, I think I've managed to secure an owners manual. I'm just awaiting confirmation from the seller.
Thanks and best regards,
Carl

Nurb608
4th May 2011, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the site mate! They really aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Just remember if you need parts, get them from the UK ;)

susvectra
4th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Cheers mate. Appreciate the welcome and the tip. Coincidentally, I've posted a new thread tonight regarding where to buy brake discs. If you get a chance, hope you can check it out.
Have a good night.....Carl

ChrisMaz
4th May 2011, 11:39 PM
Welcome along mate. Any Questions feel free to ask. I've posted in your Brake thread, basically just talk to Greg and he'll sort you out.

Another good site to check out is Vectra-C.com. Pommy lads are real helpful.

Any plans for some mods or just after some mechanical opinions? :)

guy 27
4th May 2011, 11:40 PM
Welcome to OA

cobey
5th May 2011, 12:16 AM
welcome to OA the site is full of usefull info - you will learn so much

btm
5th May 2011, 09:09 AM
howdy and welcome to the site!

susvectra
5th May 2011, 09:43 AM
Cheers for the welcome mate and thanks for the tip to contact GSL as well as the website.
As for mods or mechanical opinions, mods are probably a little ways off at the moment. Right now I'd like to get her in shape and administer some TLC. But when I'm ready to do mods, I certainly know where to come :-)

susvectra
5th May 2011, 09:49 AM
howdy and thanks for the welcome

susvectra
5th May 2011, 09:51 AM
thanks for the welcome. I've learnt some good stuff already and have no doubt I'll learn a heap more. All the best.

metry
5th May 2011, 10:18 AM
welcome to oa +1 for parts from the uk. when i get them from the uk it costs me a quarter of the cost of getting them through holden

susvectra
5th May 2011, 02:03 PM
welcome to oa +1 for parts from the uk. when i get them from the uk it costs me a quarter of the cost of getting them through holden

Thanks so much for the welcome. Sounds like the UK is the place to source parts from. I've read that a few times already.
Thanks again.

fteve
7th May 2011, 09:24 PM
Welcome! It really is a great forum hey

susvectra
9th May 2011, 03:16 PM
Welcome! It really is a great forum hey

Yeah, love it! Thanks for the welcome and all the best.

Devo
9th May 2011, 05:37 PM
Welcome to OA!

susvectra
10th May 2011, 01:46 PM
Welcome to OA!

Cheers Dev-O! Thanks for the welcome.

Bobarache
12th May 2011, 10:04 PM
A big welcome to another Vectra C owner, yes these cars do have their frustrations and quirks but you fall in love them very quickly.
Everyone here will be happy to help with any queries you have mate....also as Chris said the guys on vectra-c.com (http://www.vectra-c.com) are also very helpful.

susvectra
13th May 2011, 01:45 PM
A big welcome to another Vectra C owner, yes these cars do have their frustrations and quirks but you fall in love them very quickly.
Everyone here will be happy to help with any queries you have mate....also as Chris said the guys on vectra-c.com (http://www.vectra-c.com) are also very helpful.
Cheers mate. Really appreciate the welcome and all the help I've received so far. Great forum, even better people!