PDA

View Full Version : VW Scirocco is coming to Australia

HoldenAstra
20th April 2011, 03:34 PM
For the guys who are interested in.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/volkswagen-confirms-coupe-for-australia-20110420-1do0c.html

btm
20th April 2011, 03:54 PM
freaking love the looks of that thing! looks 10 times better in the flesh!

nadg63
20th April 2011, 04:01 PM
Don't know .................... when I was in Europe last year, at first I thought they looked great, but by the time I left, 6 weeks, I'd gone right off of it!? (most of the one's I saw were being driven by females, so they obviously like it).

gmonkey
20th April 2011, 07:16 PM
i saw one in white in singapore... i preffered it in magazines than i did in the metal thats for sure wasnt that nice

xplosv57
20th April 2011, 08:29 PM
Can buy one already from Scuderia Imports in Sydney

GreyRex
21st April 2011, 12:16 PM
I've never quite understood the fascination with it. I saw plenty of them in Europe when I was there last year, and saw a white Scirocco R next to a white Golf R at the Paris Motor Show and preferred the Golf!! It'll also have the older style interior

gmonkey
21st April 2011, 08:20 PM
I cant say ive ever seen VWs as pretty... i like them but theyre a bit tame

Red AH SRI T
21st April 2011, 08:48 PM
I've never quite understood the fascination with it. I saw plenty of them in Europe when I was there last year, and saw a white Scirocco R next to a white Golf R at the Paris Motor Show and preferred the Golf!! It'll also have the older style interior

Older how? The interior will be shared with the EOS ( as Scirocco always has), with the updated stereo/sat nav, aircon, steering wheel ect from the new Golf (just like the rest of the current VW range). There are some imports in Aus that have the stereo, aircon controls ect from the MK 5 Golf

hazrd
21st April 2011, 08:57 PM
i dont mind the interior

http://www.zcars.com.au/images/volkswagen-scirocco-interior1.jpg

http://glamgirlcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/vw-scirocco-interior.jpg

rjastra
21st April 2011, 10:00 PM
We only get the Scirocco R

http://newcarwallpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/sacarfan-volkswagen-scirocco-r-08.jpg

http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/vw-scirocco-r-2010-interior-img_9.jpg

CNBLU
21st April 2011, 10:04 PM
i love it

hazrd
21st April 2011, 11:41 PM
Still bloody nice IMO

Although it looks like a storf like me wouldnt fit in it lol

Hoss
22nd April 2011, 08:44 AM
I could live with the R.

CNBLU
22nd April 2011, 09:25 AM
i think the front looks a bit like an audi r8

chrissn89
22nd April 2011, 10:53 AM
I love the look of these things. But i would be buying the Golf with AWD instead.

From caradvice "The only model to enter our market will be the top of the range ‘R’. The Scirocco R will replace the three-door Golf R. It will offer the same 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder as the Golf R as well, producing 188kW of power and 330Nm of torque.

Unlike the Golf R three-door, the Volkswagen Scirocco R will be front-wheel drive. It will come in both six-speed manual and six-speed dual-clutch DSG forms, and come equipped with the Golf GTI’s ‘XDS’ differential system to maximise front-paw grip"

Wraith
3rd May 2011, 09:58 AM
Finally VW Aust. have pulled their finger out LOL.

I also love this thing, always have...

Will be interesting to compare it to the AJ OPC/VXR when they're both here - I'm up for one or the other !!!

Looks wise the Astra is fresher, but the Scirocco has the choice of a dual clutch, will be interesting to compare then in the flesh, looking forward to it :)

Oh forgot to mention, the R variant is the only one worth having, so good move on VW's part...

dutchy
3rd May 2011, 11:10 AM
I love it, ever since they had those first photo shots a few years back. When I sent an e-mail to VW australia back then, I was informed that they would certainly not bring it into Australia, good to see that they changed their minds. When I saw it in the flesh last year in Europe, I was a bit disappointed. I only saw a white one and didn't like it. Maybe in another colour might change my mind.

Wraith
3rd May 2011, 11:47 AM
I love it, ever since they had those first photo shots a few years back. When I sent an e-mail to VW australia back then, I was informed that they would certainly not bring it into Australia, good to see that they changed their minds. When I saw it in the flesh last year in Europe, I was a bit disappointed. I only saw a white one and didn't like it. Maybe in another colour might change my mind.

Agree on the above dutchy, I too approached VW a couple of years ago and they said no way Jose NEVER...never say never :lol:

Finally they've woken up that this will or has the potential to provide more sales volume than the Golf R 3 door for VW Aust. and I suspect a couple of other reasons would be to provide direct competion to upcoming FWD coupes in the same class, ie. AJ Astra and to stop lost sales and supply from grey importers of the Scirocco, which by the way have priced them ridiculously high (AFAIK between 70-80k from NZ) so good move on that one...

I also agree (in pics anyway) as I havn't seen any in the flesh that white may not be the best looking colour for them, in pics they seem to look hot in that green colour :eek:

dutchy
5th May 2011, 09:53 AM
The first pics in green were HOT !!!

Wraith
5th May 2011, 11:41 AM
The first pics in green were HOT !!!

They do look hot in that colour but despite that I can't see myself ever owning 'kermit the frog' coloured car LOL :D

Will either be in red or white - hope they do an upgrade to the head lights and feature DRL's similar to the new Polo and Golf Gti's, they look and work alot better than the little 4 LED strip the Scirocco and Golf R's currently have...

dutchy
5th May 2011, 12:01 PM
They do look hot in that colour but despite that I can't see myself ever owning 'kermit the frog' coloured car LOL :D

Will either be in red or white - hope they do an upgrade to the head lights and feature DRL's similar to the new Polo and Golf Gti's, they look and work alot better than the little 4 LED strip the Scirocco and Golf R's currently have...

hahaha, correct. I'm going to Europe in about 3 weeks time. A friend of mine has got one in grey. Will take it for a spin :arf:

Wraith
5th May 2011, 12:16 PM
hahaha, correct. I'm going to Europe in about 3 weeks time. A friend of mine has got one in grey. Will take it for a spin :arf:

That's great !!! enjoy the trip and whilst your there check out everything else as well, fantastic opportunity to get up close in the metal to vehicles we'll never see here in Australia :)

dutchy
5th May 2011, 02:08 PM
That's great !!! enjoy the trip and whilst your there check out everything else as well, fantastic opportunity to get up close in the metal to vehicles we'll never see here in Australia :)

Will do :yesnod: