PDA

View Full Version : Opel announces 2012 Insignia OPC Unlimited

Manaz
20th April 2011, 11:33 AM
Speed limiter removed (top speed to 270km/h), blue Brembo logo on calipers, new speedo/tacho.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/136FAD48D0EE8303CA257877000826A8

Wraith
20th April 2011, 01:20 PM
Now that's more like it...

Some of us still live in the hope of a similar new Opel but in coupe layout with the Calibra name plate to surface...

poita
20th April 2011, 01:27 PM
As per my facespace, I'm in love

hazrd
20th April 2011, 05:51 PM
As per my facespace, I'm in love

+1

fezzick
20th April 2011, 07:00 PM
Me want!

Hoss
21st April 2011, 02:31 PM
Very, very nice.

adam_92
21st April 2011, 02:37 PM
It says in the article something about when opel come here under gm holden? And lol at a car.coming with its own driver safety training

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

hazrd
21st April 2011, 05:24 PM
It says in the article something about when opel come here under gm holden? And lol at a car.coming with its own driver safety training

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Just having another read of it again.. it looks like Opel will do the selling, whereas Holden will still take a slice of the cake by doing the parts and servicing (last paragraph)

Manaz
28th April 2011, 05:28 PM
My understanding is that Holden are being used as a consultant at this stage to provide information to Opel around the back-end infrastructure setup required to establish bridgehead dealerships in the country. I suspect Holden may be used for some logistics (Holden have parts warehouses and distribution networks that could be used by Opel as shared cost centres for increased efficiencies), but I don't think they're going to be used for the actual dealership parts and servicing work.

I don't see the Holden parts and service departments being deemed suitable for the premium market position Opel wish to occupy in this country (the experiences I have with them are nothing short of terrible, and I'd seriously consider not buying an Opel if I had to rely on the quality of Holden dealership service departments).

rjastra
29th April 2011, 01:33 PM
I don't see the Holden parts and service departments being deemed suitable for the premium market position Opel wish to occupy in this country (the experiences I have with them are nothing short of terrible, and I'd seriously consider not buying an Opel if I had to rely on the quality of Holden dealership service departments).

HOw are you going to get your car serviced then?

Think about it. Do you honestly see 5+ dealers per major city being setup before they release next year?
If not, do you think people will buy "premium market position" vehicle without service centre nearby?

btm
29th April 2011, 03:16 PM
giggity!

Manaz
29th April 2011, 09:05 PM
HOw are you going to get your car serviced then?

Think about it. Do you honestly see 5+ dealers per major city being setup before they release next year?
If not, do you think people will buy "premium market position" vehicle without service centre nearby?

Other premium brands have done it in the past without relying on established service networks...