PDA

View Full Version : Tesla sues Top Gear

poita
30th March 2011, 09:09 PM
Well after Clarkson bad mouthing the Tesla Roadster 2 years ago they have gotten a little upset.

Info here -> http://www.teslamotors.com/teslavstopgear

and here -> http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/ten-million-electric-miles-and-counting-jove-it-does-work-real-world

If a car company sued them everytime Clarkson opened his mouth then every manufacturer would have them in court. Opel especially :lol:

gmonkey
30th March 2011, 09:12 PM
what a load of crap... its called show business. Fark you could sue the News now days its that full of shit

hazrd
30th March 2011, 09:17 PM
lol
tesla just having a whinge and making excuses. if they didnt like it in 2008, they should have reported it then. time to suck it up like a pack of princesses

Shaun
30th March 2011, 09:39 PM
... but then again Tesla comes from a country where sueing is just a normal day event. Maybe they can put the case in front of Judge Judy .......
Shit...... Australian government should jump on the ban wagon and sue the BBC for the shit they put on us when the review the VXR8

Funny read though.

poita
30th March 2011, 09:41 PM
Yer it's funny as.
The amount of shit he put on the VXR and it's understeer, Opel would have a field with him compared to Tesla!

ChrisMaz
30th March 2011, 11:33 PM
Tesla's main gripe seems to be that they purposely understated the range. HOWEVER, even in their claimant transcript, clarkson clearly says "RACING around our track, it will only do 55 miles". Thats hardly normal driving conditions. As for over heating. Once again, being raced, extra strain on the motors, going to over heat. This shit will get thrown out of court as soon as it gets to one.

gmonkey
30th March 2011, 11:43 PM
Yer it's funny as.
The amount of shit he put on the VXR and it's understeer, Opel would have a field with him compared to Tesla!

yeh but theres no case to factual journalism ;) its only slander if its false and misleading. I bet the VXR does understeer like a bitch in the wet driven by a giant 50+yr old screaming POOOWWWEEERRRR

tjay
31st March 2011, 08:57 AM
yeh but theres no case to factual journalism ;) its only slander if its false and misleading. I bet the VXR does understeer like a bitch in the wet driven by a giant 50+yr old screaming POOOWWWEEERRRR

I'm no giant.lol.I'm over 50,and drive a VXR and scream powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................. ............and yes,it does understeer in the wet.

metry
31st March 2011, 09:14 AM

haha made me laugh. this is bs cause if tesla is succsesful then EVERY manufacturer whose had a bad review by top gear or anyone for that manner would be able to sue.