PDA

View Full Version : Which Android Tablet

dglewis80
27th March 2011, 01:12 PM
Hey guys,

I need to get a Android Tablet for work and was looking forward to your input into which one I should get. Budget is no issue.

It will mostly be used for VNC, so a larger screen would help.

Thanks for your help.

dieselhead
27th March 2011, 01:40 PM
I am waiting for Samsung's 10.1 inch Galaxy. It is going to be an absolute beast. To be launched in 6 moths though...

dglewis80
27th March 2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah, thats a shame, I really don't want to have to wait 6 months...

poita
27th March 2011, 02:14 PM
pm sent bro

dieselhead
2nd April 2011, 08:01 PM
Any news about the Xoom coming to Oz soon? Would be a great companion to my Defy for sure :D

dglewis80
2nd April 2011, 09:21 PM
Might be going with something not android based, depending on funds - up to work.

Bloodnok
2nd April 2011, 10:38 PM
Don't know how this post ended up here. Confused now.

dglewis80
2nd April 2011, 10:39 PM
Unless you’re on a salary, which sucks!!

Ooie
4th April 2011, 10:01 AM
I recently read an article about the upcoming Acer A500 tablet.
It looks like a device that could potentially replace my ipad, but I will wait and see once full reviews come out.

The Galaxy 10.1 looks good also, but their original Galaxy was a POS. Didn't know if it wanted to be a phone or a tablet, and as a result was clunky and did not perform at all.

All in all there are a lot of tablets coming out in the next 12 months, and since I got my iPad, I can definitely see the benefits of one.
I am travelling to Europe in 6 weeks time and will not be taking my laptop, just my ipad as I can still do all the normal things like surf, facebook, email and skype. The only thing I will miss will be my cache of movies to entertain me on long bus trips or plane flights, but for the benefit of portability and battery life, I am willing to make the sacrifice.

Bloodnok
15th April 2011, 07:11 AM
Just found the tablet I want - Asus Eeepad Transformer. 10.1" android 3 (honeycomb) dual core Tegra based tablet, plus "docking station" which turns it into a 16hr battery life netbook with full keyboard...