PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Changing

extralarge
7th February 2004, 10:13 PM
Whos changed a fuel filter out there?

I went down to the holden dealer and got a fuel filter, and decided to change it on my astra.

it is located beside the fuel tank. i jacked up the car, brought some cloth for spillage, and took off the mounting screw.

but, i cant manage to separate the clips on either side of the fuel filter. they say, with care, you can use a screwdriver to take it apart...

whats your advice and whos dunnit?

InsaneAsylum
8th February 2004, 04:53 PM
put it this way... its a job i leave to my mechanic

as i hear him swearing and cursing under my car I think to myself "thank god i payed someone to do it" :lol: :lol:

it takes about 10 minutes to take off and about 10 seconds to put back on.... stupid holden/opel/vauxhall :)

imad4u
8th February 2004, 05:26 PM
if they are the same fitting as on a commodore you can buy the tool from repco for around 20 bucks.. it's comes in a set..

extralarge
8th February 2004, 08:16 PM
i recon it'd be the same as the one in the commodore.

and no its not a hard job. its clearly visible and easily done; just expect some fuel spillage.

imad4u - do you know what the tool is called? i know vauxhall/holden have a tool for the job of taking the clips apart..

imad4u
8th February 2004, 09:48 PM
i cant remember what they call it.. just tell them ya wanna remove fuel lines on a commodore... they should know what your on about...

Anonymous
9th February 2004, 03:58 PM
Its called a screwdriver/sledgehammer/drill :D