PDA

View Full Version : iPad or iPad2

poita
13th March 2011, 09:47 PM
Well I'm going to get one, just can't decide which.

The iPad has just been dropped by $100 due to the iPad2 release.

I know there is the fair share of Apple haters on here, so not really concerned what you think tbh. (Yes Pete that includes you :p)

So for those who have the first iPad do you reckon it's worth it?

guy 27
13th March 2011, 09:57 PM
just get the 2.

it has a front facing camera on the front, and a back facing camera on the back.

Shadow110
13th March 2011, 10:00 PM
+1 iPad2 is better spec'd

hazrd
13th March 2011, 10:02 PM
just get the 2.

it has a front facing camera on the front, and a back facing camera on the back.

:lol: :rofl1: :lol: :rofl1: :lol: :rofl1: :lol: :rofl1:

that being said, yes, get the 2. because lets face it, you have an iphone 3g, and now its software is redundant!! u dont want the same thing to happen if you get the 1

willhouse
14th March 2011, 04:41 AM
Id shell out the extra hundy for the 2

scaifeys2.2mk4
21st March 2011, 01:52 PM
wait for the motorola xoom

poita
21st March 2011, 02:30 PM
why?

Bloodnok
21st March 2011, 02:53 PM
why?

nVidia Tegra 2...

poita
21st March 2011, 03:58 PM
so what makes the Nvidia Tegra 2 dual core 1ghz better than the samsung a5 dual core 1ghz ?

(im not being a smart ass, im genuinely interested as to why)

Bloodnok
21st March 2011, 04:56 PM
so what makes the Nvidia Tegra 2 dual core 1ghz better than the samsung a5 dual core 1ghz ?

(im not being a smart ass, im genuinely interested as to why)

CPU clockspeed and number of cores is only a small part of the story. The CPU cores are very similar in this case - both ARM derived, and same number of cores and clockspeed. The Xoom has twice the RAM the iPad has - which will make a big difference. And then there's the GPU difference. If you are doing anything 3D graphics related, then this may have a huge impact on performance.

Fundamentally though, choosing between the two is going to come down to apps. If you want it for a specific app, and that app is only available on Apple, then you have to buy Apple. If it's only available on Android, then you have to buy Android.

poita
21st March 2011, 06:47 PM
i have an iphone already, so the main reason for ipad 2 is i dont want have a heap of devices all running different os's

plus all the power cables, car cables, sync cables, apps etc etc that i already for my iphone also (which will use the same)

and since im currently running an iphone 3g, anything for playing games/remote desktop etc is going to be miles fukin better :lol:

Vectracious
22nd March 2011, 07:34 AM
I know there is the fair share of Apple haters on here, so not really concerned what you think tbh. (Yes Pete that includes you :p)

I wasn't going to say anything.........

:deadhorse: