PDA

View Full Version : NSW European Plates

BradstaMS
24th February 2011, 12:49 PM
Not sure if I put this in the correct section, but anyway..
I'm planning on getting Euro plates for my Astra G, does anyone know if the plates come pre-drilled? I can see how the front plates get mounted, but on the rear, I have 'plugs' in the holes where the plate would be screwed in..

Anyone know anything about this? or has got Euro plates?

gman
25th February 2011, 08:38 AM
I looked at the euro plates but stayed with the premiums.

To get any plate to sit right i had to drill them and use a screw cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdti
25th February 2011, 12:17 PM
My car has plastic adaptor plates/spacers for the number plates. You screw the plastic to the car in slotted holes, etc, then the numberplate to the plastic using the normal holes that are on the adaptor, and suit the standard numberplate locations. I do only have NSW slimlines, but any plate should go on them.

hazrd
25th February 2011, 12:31 PM
My mate just bought a set of these for his XR5

They are rego plate adaptors, and they are based in QLD:
www.secureaplate.net.au

They make different sizes for different plates and u can't see it either

http://184.72.239.143/mu/724a4621-0655-f0e7.jpg

Wraith
7th March 2011, 01:40 PM
Not sure if I put this in the correct section, but anyway..
I'm planning on getting Euro plates for my Astra G, does anyone know if the plates come pre-drilled? I can see how the front plates get mounted, but on the rear, I have 'plugs' in the holes where the plate would be screwed in..

Anyone know anything about this? or has got Euro plates?

I've got Vic. Euro plates and they are pre drilled - AFAIK all plates will be pre-drilled unless they come factory fitted with a covering frame (eg. like my signature series plates etc.) in which case they have pre drilled holes on their mounting frame/s :)

You can either use the plug positions - if they match up - or drill alternative holes, just make sure to rust and/or water proof them by using heavy grease or cold galv. type products...