PDA

View Full Version : 2012 servicing costs concerns

phatmax
24th February 2011, 08:18 AM
No doubt the servicing department will have complementary scalpels for onsite extractions. It still would not stop me though.
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/holden-warns-opel-dont-copy-vw-service-costs-20110222-1b37u.html

metry
24th February 2011, 09:49 AM
wont stop me either. we could still source our own parts etc from the uk like we do now anyway

phatmax
24th February 2011, 10:30 AM
Autovaux for president J

sooty
24th February 2011, 10:36 AM
LOL, Holden criticising someone else for servicing costs....*cough* HYPOCRITICAL *cough*

Wraith
24th February 2011, 12:58 PM
Yes, that is funny, I hope Opels will be an affordable brand when they land next year, alot of people will still recognise them as the old Holden range, so if they price themselves over the top, they can't expect too much success over here...

Real concern from that article is indeed for the VAG group, they are developing a greater and greater rep for bad servicing, high cost servicing and patching up rather than fixing servicing issues and problems whilst under warranty and the frequency of cars with probs/unreliabilty is high with VAG vehicles, even the Audi range, hope they sort out their quality/reliability issues for the future...

hazrd
24th February 2011, 02:03 PM
LOL, Holden criticising someone else for servicing costs....*cough* HYPOCRITICAL *cough*

bahahahahahaha
hahahahah
ahahahah
hahahahahahaha
:rofl1:

etc

thats awesome

on a serious note :rolleyes: it is kind of silly for Holden to be warning Opel of something like this... although, this might make VW wake upto themselves and actually make their servicing costs more competitive...

kabel
24th February 2011, 03:27 PM
I want my 2012 opel astra vxr !

Vectracious
25th February 2011, 11:56 PM
it's interesting that Holden is telling Opel not to drive their service costs up too high - meanwhile I still remember paying betweeen 500-600 for a normal service for both the Astra and the Vectra at three different Holden dealerships in Melbourne.

Wraith
8th March 2011, 09:22 AM
I want my 2012 opel astra vxr !

Am eagerly awaiting it's arrival as well, I have a feeling it's going to be a very desirable vehicle for all concerned :)

I do hope they stick to the spec sheet as we've seen thus far and am hoping for the possibility of even some more tech included like the addition of a good twin clucth trans, I'd be totally sold :D

As for the servicing issue, I hope people are at least looking at using alternatives to OEM options, eg. Ultratune will do the same or in fact a better job of everything at around 1/2 to 2/3rds the cost and maintain full OEM warranty, there are also many other cheaper alternatives...

I can understand people sticking with OEM servicing on company/leased vehicles which are not necessarily being paid for by yourself (I did this with a recent BMW company car which I was happy to let my boss get ripped by the BMW service fees LOL) but if your a private owner definitely seek an alternative :)