PDA

View Full Version : NSW Point to Point Camera

vectraguy01
21st February 2011, 09:58 PM
Noticed this on another site.. good piece of info...

http://smh.drive.com.au/roads-and-traffic/tens-of-thousands-of-speeding-drivers-get-off-scotfree-20110220-1b13n.html

guy 27
21st February 2011, 10:11 PM
im happy if it stays trucks only :)

2002_XC
21st February 2011, 11:21 PM
im happy if it stays trucks only :)

it will be a long time before this would be implemented for cars, and i dare say trucks. Based on Melbourne's recent issues with the Hume point to point system (which is the first state to utilise this technology), the other jurisdictions have been very reluctant to bring it in until some outstanding issues are fixed. By the sound of the article, only warnings have been issued and no infringements issued and I'd be inclined to say this is because of the recent Hume debarcle. It is a more reliable way of detecting long term speeding.

Vectracious
21st February 2011, 11:32 PM
Why does media continue to quote Harold Scruby??? The guy is a nutjob attention seeker and has made himself appear important when he is a nobody.......

metry
22nd February 2011, 07:06 AM
94 000 cars caught. theres a few million in fines if they were issued. im skeptical about these cameras. drove through a few in melbourne and the whole time your going through your heart is pounding and your eye spends more time on the speedo than the actual road. also i dont like how its technology that matches your number plates. but if i get dojne by one ill be wanting the pictures of my car at each camera and at the time they were there

hazrd
22nd February 2011, 07:15 AM
Simple solution, don't speed :thumbs:

pugmanic
22nd February 2011, 07:48 AM
Pretty sure i was driver 95,766 on that list!!

2002_XC
22nd February 2011, 07:59 AM
94 000 cars caught. theres a few million in fines if they were issued. im skeptical about these cameras. drove through a few in melbourne and the whole time your going through your heart is pounding and your eye spends more time on the speedo than the actual road. also i dont like how its technology that matches your number plates. but if i get dojne by one ill be wanting the pictures of my car at each camera and at the time they were there

They provide those photos with the times :) not that it really matters at the moment anyway ;)

tomtom
22nd February 2011, 09:17 AM

thats what i'm thinking. Someone doing a little bit over the limit doesnt make them an immediate danger... someone NERVOUS about doing a little bit over IS.

Hoss
22nd February 2011, 09:40 AM
Consider yourselves lucky. The ACT Government is installing point to point cameras for cars on every major road as I write this. Our Chief Minister is a cycling enthusiast (and Greenie) and has spend millions on on-road bike paths. He wants to make Canberra the cycling capital of Oz, if not the world. Our Chief Minister is also leading the call to ban mobile phones in cars, but that's another story..........

metry
22nd February 2011, 08:20 PM
i hate push bikes on raods. they dont obey any of the road rules and so many hog lanes. i understand they have aa right to be there but it would be nice if they rode out of the way

glider
23rd February 2011, 06:28 AM
All those speeding cars.. I dont remember 94000
Fatalities last year so the 'speeding kills' must be factual... :rolleyes: