PDA

View Full Version : Euro Plates

sri02
31st October 2004, 05:04 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone have euro plates? What do people think of them? I want to get a pair in the next few months.

Mitch
31st October 2004, 05:07 PM
What do people think of them?

I don't really like them. I can think of other ways to spend the money,

sri02
31st October 2004, 05:28 PM
I actually think that add to the cars looks, gives it more of a euro feel, after all we are driving euro cars. 8)

DrDevil
31st October 2004, 06:02 PM
i would love to get some, but i think they are a tad too large/long. i would rather have a shrunk version :)

Miss_Astra
31st October 2004, 06:27 PM
i dont like them at all, i think they look to long as well

Mr T
31st October 2004, 06:34 PM
I seen some on an audi allroad the other day, looked awsome.

But I dont think I can say the same about astra's

Bernard Siong
31st October 2004, 07:07 PM
i like them
they're alrite on the back
but on the front they look way too long
and its $190
mite as well spend it on something else rather then jus 2 pieces of metal that dont really do anything special, jus does wat ur plate number now does

ultim8DTM5
31st October 2004, 07:30 PM
The thing is, they fit the car.

In the front and rear bumpers, if you look closely the indentations run the width for a Euro plate so it fills nicely. Standard plate length just doesn't cut it

Alfonzo
31st October 2004, 08:02 PM
They're going to be my next addition after the Opel badging, actually.

I figure since I'm euro-badging my car, I'll euro-plate it as well, should get some more looks that way :)

Blitzkrieg
31st October 2004, 08:26 PM
Only look good if they fit perfectly in the allocated space. They do add to the car that way.

DrDevil
31st October 2004, 08:29 PM
btw Alfonzo, u need to come cruising with us. Keep an eye out for events in the Queensland forum.

dug74
31st October 2004, 08:39 PM
btw Alfonzo, u need to come cruising with us. Keep an eye out for events in the Queensland forum.

LOL

Yeah becoz you and Ben maybe the only qld cars left to cruze ;)

Alfonzo
31st October 2004, 08:48 PM
haha yeah - really bad luck, what happened today on the Sunshine cruise. I'm kinda glad I decided not to go on that one, but i'll definately be making an appearance at a few of the local OpelAus cruises in the near future.

Bob
31st October 2004, 11:37 PM
Personally, I think Euro plates are better suited to Benzes, BMW's, Audi's and the like. They look a bit strange on the Holden Barina, Astra, etc. But, that's just my opinion.

GOZOFF
31st October 2004, 11:47 PM
Hmm ... there ok for euro cars but personally I wouldn't get them I much rather stick with what i got(slimline plates) 8)

Anonymous
1st November 2004, 12:05 AM
pete's right, the number plate indentation in the bumpers was DESIGNED for euro plates

anyway though, personal preference..... I personally like yellow on black custom plates for a nice contrast against my black car.... but euro's would be perfect for a nice clean effect 8)

Anonymous
1st November 2004, 10:15 AM
come on people these are euro cars :P you think the euro plates wont fit on them? hehe but yea i like em and i am considering getting some myself

Equipe
1st November 2004, 12:06 PM
as far as I know, euro plates only available in NSW. everytime i see euro plates it's always NSW. would Victoria get them eventually? how about the rest of the states? I'm in melbourne and if they do have it here where should I go to? VicRoads I suppose? They look good btw, since Jap cars can't wear them :lol:

astranomical
1st November 2004, 02:43 PM
We here in SA dont get euro plates either. But recently i've notice that some euro cars have little stickers (with the yellow EU stars and country of origin on the blue backdrop) on the side of the normal slim-line plates. Looks pretty convincing and mite be a cheaper alternative.

Either way i reckon euro plates would look great on my astra 8)

NXA-16H
1st November 2004, 03:07 PM
Check it out...

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/album_pic.php?pic_id=182

IMO, the Corsa looks pretty cool in da snow, but with Euro-Plates, even cooler. :)

David
NXA-16H

ultim8DTM5
1st November 2004, 04:30 PM
pete's right, the number plate indentation in the bumpers was DESIGNED for euro plates

anyway though, personal preference..... I personally like yellow on black custom plates for a nice contrast against my black car.... but euro's would be perfect for a nice clean effect 8)

I'm the same, yellow on black in protectors look great.

I'm getting some fake custom Euro plates made up and shipped over later in the year.

sri02
1st November 2004, 05:51 PM
They're going to be my next addition after the Opel badging, actually.

I figure since I'm euro-badging my car, I'll euro-plate it as well, should get some more looks that way :)

yup thats exactly how I feel! hopefully will get my soon after I change the badges.

sri02
1st November 2004, 05:54 PM
Check it out...

IMO, the Corsa looks pretty cool in da snow, but with Euro-Plates, even cooler. :)

David
NXA-16H

hey that's my car! but it doesn't snow in Sydney lol

hmmm looking at that I'll be getting them now :)

Alfonzo
1st November 2004, 08:18 PM
as far as I know, euro plates only available in NSW.

We've got them up here too: Smack bang in the middle (http://www.ppq.com.au/cap/cap_wizard_p1.asp?category=6#)

silvestra
1st November 2004, 09:20 PM
I've got em. (Check out album).

Tom76
3rd November 2004, 01:41 PM
Check it out...

David
NXA-16H

Uhhm, lol that "H" on the number plate stands for "historical" and is issued only to cars older than 25 years. I somewhat doubt that this Corsa is THAT old. (yup, the pic is a fake for demonstrations purposes, but i still had to laugh when seeing it)

One more thing: those cars were designed for those huge (and ugly?) number plates, so of course they look good with them!

:P

sri02
3rd November 2004, 05:19 PM
so what's the story with picking your own numbers and letters, can you do it? or just take what you're given?

Red AH SRI T
18th June 2005, 01:58 PM
I'm thinking about euro's for my Astra H

YOu have to have the N, then u can chhose two letters, two numbers and a letter, or u can have general issue ones

Anyone got a pic of an Astra H with euro's?

And why do damn QLD'ers get so many number plate options?

ITS NOT FAIR I TELL YOU :cry:

ope126
18th June 2005, 04:24 PM
Ive got them on my Ts Astra CDX.
I live in Brisbane. My opinion is that they look great.
Not too many cars in QLD have them, so it is still quite exclusive.

The strangest car I have seen these plates on was a Jeep Cheeroke!

In QLD you get to choose two letters & two numbers. The combination ends up looking like this;

Q AB01 Z

Glenn

Oz
18th June 2005, 07:21 PM
In Sydney you can get them personalised like this:

If my name was John Smith & I was born on 5/06 I can get 'N JS-506'.

No my name isn't John Smith & I wasn't born on the 5/06 but I do have euro's on the Veccy CDXi & I have my 2 initials & 3 b'day numbers. :)

SRiBOB
1st August 2005, 05:02 PM
Got them on my SRi. They look very cool and fill the spaces front and rear perfectly. Only relatively new to QLD and there isn't a lot of choice. You only get to choose 2 letters and 2 numbers you have to live with the Q and the Z at the beginning and end. Still they look very cool.

oneightoo
1st August 2005, 05:46 PM
they are ok.. dont mind them.. i saw a celica with them once.. thought that was pretty funny..

Bernard Siong
1st August 2005, 09:03 PM
i guess in europe theres alot of japanese cars and celicas with them dude

aussievectra
2nd August 2005, 10:27 AM
would Victoria get them eventually?

I highly doubt it, if they did consider they would of already have them. I'l be supprised if they did. I wanted to get some myself. They look really good. The first time I saw them, was on a Audi TT and I thought the car was fully imported from Germany, but when I took a closer look it was from NSW and now I'm used to them.

2nd August 2005, 11:31 AM
Vicroads are now selling these

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrne5nav.nsf/childdocs/-6F89CFC1046661B5CA256FD300241BFA-3C93BD80F5ED7BF6CA256FD300241C08-103B5C3DF42BAAD0CA256FD300241C0A-144DCF2EF29FCE2CCA25703F00196965?open

How much do the Euro Plates cost?
Standard Euro Plates retail for $395.
Personalised Euro Plates retail for $695.

JasonGilholme
2nd August 2005, 02:07 PM
I'm a slim line plates man myself

Alfonzo
2nd August 2005, 09:24 PM
I only realised how old this thread was after I read my first post in here saying how I was going to get them after the badging.

WRONG

I was going to get Q JS 11 Z in euro plates, however I'm kind of glad that I didn't now, because I'm looking to change cars in the near future now. And I've currently got personalised plates too (family gift edition, personal initials :P)

My opinion hasn't changed, on euro cars they look brilliant, but unfortunately they won't be seen on my Vectra.

Aussie-in-London
2nd August 2005, 09:56 PM
not sure why you guys think much of euro plates
i prefered my plates back in NSW
smaller white front and bigger rear
my plates now are a white front and a yellow rear
nothing special really

Gildo
2nd August 2005, 10:01 PM
im a big fan of euro plates....as i got them myself :D

Aussie-in-London
2nd August 2005, 10:41 PM
so do i but not by choice
have to have em

Shaun
3rd August 2005, 12:15 AM
I like them on a european built car.

Namus
3rd August 2005, 06:51 AM
What do people think of them?

I don't really like them. I can think of other ways to spend the money,

yeah there are better things to spend money on IMO....but it's ur car;

can look good if u get the right letter-number combo too...

Slimcraigie
3rd August 2005, 07:26 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone have euro plates? What do people think of them? I want to get a pair in the next few months.

I have them :lol:

01CDsedan
3rd August 2005, 09:39 AM
I'd get them if they were available in the ACT - I remember reading about a year ago that they were looking into it, but haven't heard anything since.

Conveniently though, the standard blue letters on a white background ACT plates match my blue car pretty well.

Didz
3rd August 2005, 10:00 AM
They look good on European cars, but when idiots put them on statesman and mazda 6's they look terrible.

Stupid statesman drivers.

Aussie-in-London
3rd August 2005, 09:28 PM
just number plates, nothing special and do nothing for the car but thats my opinion

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/aussie31/FelicityShanescarinthesnowMedium.jpg