PDA

View Full Version : Does 'Disc Brake Squeal Free' work?

HoldenAstra
16th February 2011, 09:33 PM
Just want to be ready for discs and pads change.

Some say the HPX pads will squeal, will "Disc Brake Squeal Free (http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/DynaGrip-Disc-Brake-Squeal-Free-255G.aspx?pid=1882#details)" work?

Anyone tried it before or have something else to recommend?

dutchy
16th February 2011, 09:43 PM
When I used to work on the bikes (ages ago) we rounded off the corners of new brakepads prior to installing them. This prevented vibrations which caused the squealing. It was actually recommended that we did that though the suppliers. Haven't tried it on car breaks though but I assume it's a similar principle.

HoldenAstra
16th February 2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks Peter,

I did search on line, some also say the edge of the new pad has purpose, if you angle the pad edge, it will cause the foreign objects(sand, dust or dirty)come in between pads and disc. I do not know, no first hand experience at all, haha...

dutchy
16th February 2011, 09:59 PM
Oh, ok, could be. It was recommended by the suppliers of the pads and bikes, we followed their instructions and it worked. I have actually never seen any debris coming under the pads when the edges are rounded off slightly. I'll try it myself next time I get new pads :smile5:

tomtom
17th February 2011, 11:18 PM
ive had debris get between my pads and brakes... pretty much just "CRUNNNCHYCRUNCHCRUNCH" and 0 stopping power. Was going down a hill so not that bad... oh wait.

lol

HoldenAstra
17th February 2011, 11:34 PM
haha...not good, how come?

anyway, I bought this thing from Super Cheap Auto, $16

I will let you know if it works after the change.

bartsisgod
18th February 2011, 12:50 PM
used it and love it!

HoldenAstra
16th April 2011, 12:47 AM
It's pink, FYI.

I hope it turns black after a few day s driving...

hazrd
16th April 2011, 10:30 AM
so has the squeal stopped?

HoldenAstra
16th April 2011, 10:44 AM
just changed rotors and pads last night..didn't' hear anything when testing.haven't' done a good run yet,will update later.

HoldenAstra
17th April 2011, 02:43 PM
guys,FYI, it works!!!!!

hazrd
18th September 2011, 01:02 PM
free bump

got squeaky brakes on the rear of the SRi. Plenty of meat on the GM pads and the std discs have been freshly machined. Picking some up on the way home from work today so will update here on how i go

Dahlia
18th September 2011, 02:57 PM
Might have to get some of this stuff... Sounds good!

hazrd
18th September 2011, 05:56 PM
free bump

got squeaky brakes on the rear of the SRi. Plenty of meat on the GM pads and the std discs have been freshly machined. Picking some up on the way home from work today so will update here on how i go

scratch that
didnt know that you had to pull the brakes apart to spray the pads. so i bought the bendix stuff instead

BEK-46P
18th September 2011, 06:51 PM
scratch that
didnt know that you had to pull the brakes apart to spray the pads. so i bought the bendix stuff instead

Bendix stuff?

hazrd
18th September 2011, 07:05 PM
Bendix stuff?

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Bendix-Brake-Parts-Cleaner-and-Degreaser-400g.aspx?pid=288356#Description

HoldenAstra
18th September 2011, 07:48 PM
scratch that

yes,suitable for new pads fitting.