PDA

View Full Version : Best Tyre Place in Melbourne

Hackstra
14th February 2011, 01:01 PM
Hi Guys,

On Saturday morning I booked my car into Advance Tyres in Richmond (http://www.advancetyres.com.au/). I have to say it was the best tyre place I have ever been too. The staff were fantastic and the prices insane. I purchased some Sailun Atrezzo ZS+ in 215/45R17 for $400 fitted and balanced. I purchased the Chinese brand as I intend to sell my car in the next 6 months.
I dropped my car in at 11:30am and the guy said come back in an hour, I went and ordered some breakfast, at 11:50am I got the phone call that everything was completed, I hadn't even put pepper on my eggs yet! They list their tyres on eBay and I highly reccommend them if you're in Melbourne. http://stores.ebay.com.au/advancetyres2008. Plus most of the time when you get new tyres your wheels come out filthier than when you took them in, these guys clean your wheels and apply tyre black/shine.

Cheers

Scott

Hackstra
14th February 2011, 01:06 PM
Out of interest I recently rang Beaurepairs to quote me on some Chinese tyres. They would sell me the Talon TR968 for $600 fitted and balanced. Advance Tyres were going to do it for $320 fitted and balanced but I decided to spend a bit more for the Sailun's at $400. I have driven to Geelong and back on the Sailuns and the report isn't too shabby! Low noise, great grip around bends and not skatey as some reviewers have mentioned, I am very pleased.

JohnBu
14th February 2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah I go to Advanced Tyres also..

They are very cheap for Dunlop and Goodyears. Ok prices for other good brands... I'm not sure about the no-name tyres.

CNBLU
14th February 2011, 05:37 PM
+1 for advanced tyres. Really good prices and they are on ebay aswell.

Ice
14th February 2011, 05:44 PM
i got my Falken 912's there although I feel like the tyres had been sitting in a wharehouse for years so had hardened resulting in no grip....I suppose thats not their fault and just the supplier they use but they did chip my new wheels when fitting them.

sooty
14th February 2011, 05:47 PM
i got my Falken 912's there although I feel like the tyres had been sitting in a wharehouse for years so had hardened resulting in no grip....I suppose thats not their fault and just the supplier they use but they did chip my new wheels when fitting them.

Easy check, look on the side of the tyre, it'll tell you how old they are.

Eg 4208 = 42nd week of 2008
1510 = 15th week of 2010

Ice
14th February 2011, 05:49 PM
Easy check, look on the side of the tyre, it'll tell you how old they are.

Eg 4208 = 42nd week of 2008
1510 = 15th week of 2010

oh well there you go, learn something new each day.......its all good, got new rubber since but will be checking when i go out :)

sooty
14th February 2011, 05:51 PM
oh well there you go, learn something new each day.......its all good, got new rubber since but will be checking when i go out :)

Sometimes it's only printed on one side of the tyre, so it may be on the inside, should be the outside on at least one side of the car though

JohnBu
16th February 2011, 01:23 PM
ok, third time I've been there in a week.

1st time- Fitted two 225/45R17 Continental Sport Contact 2 tyres

2nd time- Flat tyre repair

And Today, Fitted two 215/45R17 Bridgestone Adrenalins because the 225/45 CSC2 scrub :(

Gave me a discount because I've been back and forth :lol: so $185 each for the Adrenalins. Excellent price.

In case you're wondering, tyres were manufactured about 12 weeks ago in Japan.

Hackstra
16th February 2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah fantastic tyre place, I dont think I'll go anywhere else!

droodles
19th February 2011, 11:05 PM
Most tyre franchises like TyrePower, SlobJane, Beaurepairs etc. are a rip. Good job!