PDA

View Full Version : WA Bushfires - Member Check

poita
8th February 2011, 12:08 AM
Kinda becoming like a broken record, Aus it copping it on all fronts!

Just checking and making sure all WA members are out of the fire path.

gmonkey
8th February 2011, 01:05 AM
none of us really live out there as far as i know of... todd's probably the closest or boorny :P

boorny88
8th February 2011, 10:38 AM
The one that was in baskerville is lik 10 mins or so bt was never gonna effect me the other one be near todd bt no word from him

kabel
9th February 2011, 12:12 AM
I was up that way on Sunday,my GF`s parents are in the hills but it was far enough away from them not to be an issue.
Pretty freaky Easterly breeze over the weekend.

I drove past Midland Brick yesterday afternoon and the oval opposite was full of helitacs,fire trucks,SES,Police and a big command centre was set up.
Obviously they must have thrown every resource they had into trying to control it.

At least there was no loss of life but have to feel for those people who have to start again,devastating.

gmonkey
9th February 2011, 01:54 AM
I was up that way on Sunday,my GF`s parents are in the hills but it was far enough away from them not to be an issue.
Pretty freaky Easterly breeze over the weekend.

I drove past Midland Brick yesterday afternoon and the oval opposite was full of helitacs,fire trucks,SES,Police and a big command centre was set up.
Obviously they must have thrown every resource they had into trying to control it.

At least there was no loss of life but have to feel for those people who have to start again,devastating.

blame QLD's cyclone for that//