PDA

View Full Version : AH SRI Turbo Gone, SSV Gone, RS Focus Gone

TheOperator
7th February 2011, 11:57 AM
Well after months of hiding thought it was time to make the decision public.

Sold my much loved 09 SRI Turbo and my 3 month old SSV wagon. After my Xmas in UK sold the Focus i had sitting over there to bring back as i was offered a stupid price so took it :yesnod:

Bought the Mrs a MY11 Forester XT Premium (the new update) for baby duties when it arrives in May and i'm in the process of negotiating on a C63 AMG so hopefully sorted soon :wink5:.

Also started a new job which speed up this happening 12 to 18 months earlier than i anticipated.

Like to stay here even though i don't have a Opel anymore, don't think there is any rule saying i can't?

hazrd
7th February 2011, 12:02 PM

Sold my much loved 09 SRI Turbo and my 3 month old SSV wagon. After my Xmas in UK sold the Focus i had sitting over there to bring back as i was offered a stupid price so took it :yesnod:

Bought the Mrs a MY11 Forester XT Premium (the new update) for baby duties when it arrives in May and i'm in the process of negotiating on a C63 AMG so hopefully sorted soon :wink5:.

Also started a new job which speed up this happening 12 to 18 months earlier than i anticipated.

Like to stay here even though i don't have a Opel anymore, don't think there is any rule saying i can't?

no, u must leave now!!

kidding :)
theres a lot of us on here that no longer have Opels and still even rock up to cruises!

thats sad u sold the RS :( that thing was a monster!! i hope u got to drive it a bit at least? must have been a damn good price to let go of it ;)

lookin forward to seeing pics of the AMG though if all goes well with it!!

Wraith
7th February 2011, 01:28 PM

Wow, you've been doing a similar thing lately as me :)

Since Oct. 2009 I've sold off the old Nissan S13, 2007 model Mazda Tribute V6 and most recently my V6 Calibra - bought in a new Honda City, Toyota Yaris 3 door hatch, Toyota Corolla 4 door sedan and most recently a Mazda 3 SP25 sedan :)

Still got and definitely keeping the turbo vert...

As for you not having an Opel anymore, dosn't mean anything IMHO definitely stay on as part of the forum !!! would be a shame to see yourself or any other long time members leaving...

Good luck with the AMG C63 - Awesome machine, I too am looking forward to checking out the new C Class coupes later this year, but will wait till Merc introduces the new TT V8's in this range, they say it'll be the new shape by 2015 ?? unless something else I really like pops up before then, then I'll be doing some negotiations too :D

CNBLU
7th February 2011, 01:51 PM
I dont get why you would want to upgrade from an astra to a c63! But anyway :p

Wraith
7th February 2011, 03:36 PM
I dont get why you would want to upgrade from an astra to a c63! But anyway :p

LOL :rofl1: good one Gav

Red AH SRI T
7th February 2011, 08:21 PM
bought in a new Honda City, Toyota Yaris 3 door hatch, Toyota Corolla 4 door sedan and most recently a Mazda 3 SP25 sedan :)

Having trouble sleeping? :p

TheOperator
8th February 2011, 09:28 AM
no, u must leave now!!

kidding :)
theres a lot of us on here that no longer have Opels and still even rock up to cruises!

thats sad u sold the RS :( that thing was a monster!! i hope u got to drive it a bit at least? must have been a damn good price to let go of it ;)

lookin forward to seeing pics of the AMG though if all goes well with it!!

I couldn't say no to what was offered to me for the RS. Basically it owed me just over 40K Aus still sitting there and the guy who bought it paid 65K Aus :yesnod: Took it to one track day and the guy came up after seeing it lapping and offered me that amount so took it (he was driving a heavily modified Evo and had GT2 also so not short of money i assume).

Same track day i got to steer a C63 in anger which pretty much made the decision for me, then came home and got headed hunted for new job which made it possible quicker so decided to do it :lol:

I have to say though i have noticed that even in my location C63's are starting to get more common, there is at least 6 i know of and 1 is modified! Good taste i guess :wink5:

Thanks for confirmation all on staying, i like this forum and didn't really want to have to leave as you are no longer a owner as is the case with a lot of brand specific forums

Wraith
8th February 2011, 01:27 PM
Having trouble sleeping? :p

Actually it's the other way round...

They're all dispersed to their happy owners and all paid for (all direct family of course) and that'll keep em that way for some years to come, and I don't have to worry about a decent daily drive for myself for some years too, at least being all Jap I also don't have to worry too much about reliability :D

Now I can take my time to eventually buy a proper/decent sports car, never know might even end up being a new Opel Astra J coupe :)

hazrd
8th February 2011, 02:10 PM
god only knows with you Ange :lol:

:p

Wraith
8th February 2011, 03:15 PM

It is difficult when one is as fussy as I am :)

poita
8th February 2011, 03:48 PM

i dont actually

Wraith
8th February 2011, 05:08 PM
i dont actually

Might as well keep you all guessing :p