PDA

View Full Version : Favourite places to buy Opel bits

Bloodnok
2nd February 2011, 12:04 PM
What are everyone's favourite places to buy Opel bits?

I've got some British pounds burning a hole in my bank account, wanting to be spent on things. I'm trying to focus on car bits for now.

I know about ebay (there's a front grille for the vectra I'm watching at the moment - no bids so far and a starting price of one Euro, but obviously loads of postage from Germany) but overall I'm finding it rather difficult to find what I'm after, as eBay is rather flooded with cheap knockoff stuff, and finding the genuine is hard.

Then there are places like irmscher-bitz (now carstyle-bitz?) and LMFVauxhall, who have better looking parts, but based on what they've got on the web, don't do most of the bits I'm after.

So what are the places you go to buy stuff from?

glider
2nd February 2011, 12:28 PM
I've used irmscher-bitz quite a few times back when they had the aus site, autovaux several times and marehey vauxhall/vxr shops once, personally if you know what parts you want (genuine parts) go autovaux otherwise, carstyle-bitz would be the go. Alot of members have been having issues with LMF lately

guy 27
2nd February 2011, 12:31 PM
i've got a bit of stuff via forums in the uk. most people are happy to ship overseas.

Wraith
2nd February 2011, 12:32 PM
As above, I've used and recommend Irmscher-bits.com for all your 'dress up' parts and AutoVaux for all your mechanical stuff...

Bloodnok
2nd February 2011, 03:48 PM
New Autovaux website doesn't seem to have actual parts in it. I can't seem to find anything - and not just the bits I'm looking for, but literally anything. I pick a car and a category (I've even resorted to choosing things at random) and I've not found anything at all come up as a result yet.

Carstyle-bits have one thing on my list. Out of ten. Some I wouldn't expect them to carry, but just one is rather disappointing, and doesn't even get me to their free shipping threshold. OTOH, it's the only place so far I've found that specific piece, so I suppose that's a start, and they are doing better than LMF in terms of hits...

poita
2nd February 2011, 03:54 PM
Just ring or email Autovaux.

They are in the process of setting up the new site, which will have a full listing of all cars and parts.

metry
3rd February 2011, 11:30 AM
the easiesy way to contact lmf is through their email account. also keep an eye out on ebay. sometimes you can grab bargains off their

Nurb608
3rd February 2011, 11:36 AM
What parts are you looking for exactly? Might make it easier for us to point you in the right direction ;)

Bloodnok
3rd February 2011, 12:12 PM
What parts are you looking for exactly? Might make it easier for us to point you in the right direction ;)

For a Vectra B facelift Hatch:

* Rear Opel blitz emblem, complete with mounting lugs. (I did find this on carstyle-bitz, but they don't do shipping to Aus any more, they direct you to irmscher-bitz, which is closed).
* Rear Opel word branding, to match existing 'VECTRA' lettering - i.e. in rounded letter style and with no connecting bar.
* Front grille - complete replacement with opel blitz emblem. Not the "OPC" version - there was no production OPC Vectra B, so all the OPC branded grilles in Vectra Bs are fakes. I want this to look as original as I can get it, just with the Opel branding restored.
* Wheel centre caps with Opel blitz. Existing are 63mm dia, five claw, Smooth top. Don't think the number of claws matter, but the depth of the claws does. I'll have to measure one more thoroughly...
* Opel airbag emblem. Flat metal with edge claws, ~35mm dia, for four spoke wheel with radio controls. Possibly this might be the omega type? It's certainly not the one commonly listed. I did find a Vauxhall one once, but can't remember where. The emblem can be persuaded to come out cleanly on these, unlike on the three spoke wheel.
* Set of original mats, preferably branded either 'Vectra' or 'Opel', in RHD. Explicitly not looking to modify Holden ones.

I've already ordered a replacement key top with buttons from England via the bay of E to replace the melted buttons on one of the keys, so we can scratch this one off the list. Twenty dollars here for just the buttons (and you have to cut the old ones out yourself and glue the new ones in) versus under ten dollars for the entire top half of the key shipped from England - new in GM packaging. Both of which are an absolute bargain compared to taking it to Holden. I think I'll go the new in GM packaging shipped from England route, thanks :)

* Auto-tinting rear view mirror. Guy was going to get me the part number for this so I can ask my Dad to get a price from his local Vauxhall dealer, but he may have forgotten :P. There are a few second hand on the bay of E, but I think I'd prefer a new one for a rear view mirror (part of the current issue is it's too loose, and can get out of position, so a complete new kit sounds ideal).

Actually, I'd like two of those mirrors, one for the Astra as well. And if the price is right, it could turn into a group buy, as I know Guy is interested, and I imagine others might be too...

I'm also considering a set of the Insignia washer jets for the Astra (I know they don't fit the Vectra, but they do fit the Astra). Guy didn't seem to think they were up to the job of cleaning windows in Australia, but I'm still considering it. Several people on this here t'internet have said they can suffer from problems if not aligned properly or damage if done with the wrong tool, so I'd be after the adjustment tool too. Both of these I've found on the Bay of E now, it's just a case of placing the order.

I'm also looking for a few trim pieces for the Astra on the L/H rear door. It's an Astra G 5 door hatch, and I need the speaker cover and the blanking plate that covers up the hole where the electric window switch would be (this car has manual windows). I think a scrapyard is the right place to get these bits, but I haven't had time to go looking yet. Nevertheless, both are plastic, so should be cleanable if they've come from a, uhm, wet car?

guy 27
3rd February 2011, 12:30 PM
opps forgot about the mirror.

vec c auto dimming mirror - 93190418
zafira cover - 93172229 (its smaller in size than the astra one.)

There is also a vectra housing/cover as well but i can't seem to find the part number for it. Its much larger in size though.

gmonkey
3rd February 2011, 12:32 PM
eBay.de is your friend :) except gore things like floor mats then it isn't..

dutchy
3rd February 2011, 12:43 PM
I have used http://www.vauxhallworldparts.com/ a couple of times. They've also got a lot of the small bits on their site and it shows if it's genuine or not (including original gm part numbers)

Nurb608
3rd February 2011, 01:10 PM
Try these guys for the badges/wheel centres etc http://cgi.ebay.com.au/OPEL-BADGE-Holden-Barina-Corsa-Tigra-Astra-Vectra-112mm-/180538582821?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a08f02725

Bloodnok
3rd February 2011, 02:22 PM
Try these guys for the badges/wheel centres etc http://cgi.ebay.com.au/OPEL-BADGE-Holden-Barina-Corsa-Tigra-Astra-Vectra-112mm-/180538582821?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a08f02725

There's a possible in there for wheel centrecaps, but nothing else.

I have used http://www.vauxhallworldparts.com/ a couple of times. They've also got a lot of the small bits on their site and it shows if it's genuine or not (including original gm part numbers)

Now that's a comprehensive list :). That will take a while to dig through.

eBay.de is your friend :) except for things like floor mats then it isn't..

Yep, ebay.ie might be better for the floor mats thinking about it, as they are different between RHD and LHD, and Ireland is RHD but gets Opel rather than Vauxhall branding (though you do see a lot of Vauxhalls there, they are imported S/H from Britain).

Nurb608
3rd February 2011, 02:59 PM
There's a possible in there for wheel centrecaps, but nothing else.

Just contact them as they can get a fair few things.

These guys can order in opel parts and send to aus http://marehay.vauxhallshop.co.uk/

Matt at twells of billinghay vauxhall in the UK may also be able to help, although his email eludes me at the moment, it's somewhere on this forum.

Alix
3rd February 2011, 08:17 PM
Matt at twells of billinghay vauxhall in the UK may also be able to help, although his email eludes me at the moment, it's somewhere on this forum.

[email protected], but [email protected] worked for me.

Nurb608
3rd February 2011, 08:22 PM
[email protected], but [email protected] worked for me.

Cheers, knew someone would have it ;)

pugmanic
3rd February 2011, 10:00 PM
Again can not speak highly enough of Muhammed @ All Autos Spares (thanks Dave)! Even after selling my car i rang the buyer up that night to pass on his details 02 9601 0775. He sells everything and anything for Astras and knows his stuff.. very helpful.. and i believe he ships all over Australia :)

Bloodnok
3rd February 2011, 10:18 PM
vec c auto dimming mirror - 93190418
zafira cover - 93172229 (its smaller in size than the astra one.)

Does either of these pieces include the socket attached to the windscreen? Because I'm pretty sure I'll need a new one of those - mine is really loose.

Anyway, I've asked my Dad to ask his local Vauxhall dealer for a price. We'll see what they say.

Nurb608
3rd February 2011, 10:26 PM
Do you have the wiring harness already in place for the mirror?

dutchy
3rd February 2011, 10:40 PM
Again can not speak highly enough of Muhammed @ All Autos Spares (thanks Dave)! Even after selling my car i rang the buyer up that night to pass on his details 02 9601 0775. He sells everything and anything for Astras and knows his stuff.. very helpful.. and i believe he ships all over Australia :)

Do you know if they have a site ? I did a search but can't find them.

guy 27
3rd February 2011, 10:46 PM
Does either of these pieces include the socket attached to the windscreen? Because I'm pretty sure I'll need a new one of those - mine is really loose.

Anyway, I've asked my Dad to ask his local Vauxhall dealer for a price. We'll see what they say.

i'd say so. those 2 items are all thats needed to put it into the astra

Do you have the wiring harness already in place for the mirror?

nope but its pretty simple to wire it up without it.

ChrisMaz
3rd February 2011, 10:53 PM
Gone.

As for the Veccy C dimming mirror. I'll keep a lookout on the Veccy forum and give you a yell if any come up for sale. 3 were up for sale about 2 weeks ago. All gone now.

Bloodnok
4th February 2011, 12:46 AM
Price for the mirror new from the Vauxhall dealer is £120+VAT. They have them in stock. The Zafira cover thingy is £6.90, but is not in stock. None of this includes any shipping, of course.

poita
4th February 2011, 12:50 AM
we dont have to pay VAT btw ;)

ChrisMaz
4th February 2011, 12:51 AM
Contact Autovaux about the items.

Bloodnok
4th February 2011, 12:19 PM
we dont have to pay VAT btw ;)

I know that :)

I wrote it like that more to show that this was the ex VAT price (i.e. what we'd pay) than the inc VAT price.

Also, sometimes I've found it's easier (and cheaper) to buy stuff inc VAT, and get my Dad to ship it over in with other stuff. Depends how much they gouge on the shipping.

Bloodnok
4th February 2011, 12:23 PM
Contact Autovaux about the items.

Enquiry sent.