PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a New member

iionas
21st January 2011, 12:36 PM
Hello guys & girls..

Just joined up; I figure I could learn a couple of things about my new car from this forum and make some new friends.

Coming from a RB/Turbo Family Ive sold up and purchased myself a Mk4 Astra SRi one owner; silver in color with full service books. (woman driver win)

Just interested in learning a couple of things about the car.

Is there a way to turn Traction control off? Any outstanding common modifications you guys do? I was thinking about some SRi turbo wheels painted gloss black and some eyebrows.

Ill get some photos up when I pick it up (monday I hope) Fingers crossed.

Other than that Im very impressed with the performance of the car (coming from a near 210KW car to this... Handling / interior so very nice.

Anyways; enough ranting would love to get to know this forum more and you guys!

Thanks

Bogdan

Neeko
21st January 2011, 12:56 PM
Welcome to OpelAus
You'll find heaps of helpful info on this site with heaps of people willing to help out

btm
21st January 2011, 12:57 PM
g'day mate and welcome to the site!

sooty
21st January 2011, 01:02 PM
Welcome to OA mate

iionas
21st January 2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys;

Pretty much the Aim of this is to have a nice clean/good looking daily car!

iionas
21st January 2011, 01:13 PM
Oh and I think A blue turbo one lives around me somewhere; Im sure the member is off here;Something BLU.. Hrmmm!

Nurb608
21st January 2011, 01:35 PM
If your in vic it's probably cnblu ;)

Welcome to the site.

guy 27
21st January 2011, 03:02 PM
Welcome to OA.

CNBLU
21st January 2011, 03:59 PM
Welcome to OA neighbour :)

adam_92
21st January 2011, 08:58 PM
welcome mate. with the traction control you have to remove a fuse but iirc the fuse is also combined for something else that makes you need the fuse in so the traction control cant be turned off permanently

guy 27
21st January 2011, 09:05 PM
with the traction control you have to remove a fuse but iirc the fuse is also combined for something else that makes you need the fuse in so the traction control cant be turned off permanently

nope. just need to add a switch.

adam_92
21st January 2011, 09:08 PM
yeah but from stock it cant be turned on or off. i knew about the switch but that has to be added or did some sri's come with them?

Nurb608
21st January 2011, 10:25 PM
nope. just need to add a switch.

+1 ;)

metry
22nd January 2011, 12:29 AM
welcome to oa

Milesy
22nd January 2011, 08:44 AM
Welcome to OA.

I used to own a TS SRi many years ago and I too had the same problem with the non-switchable traction control. The previous posts are correct and the only way to turn it off is to pull out the fuse. The problem with this is that it is the same circuit that does power steering so you can't really do it unless you can isolate it and put in your own switch somehow.

iionas
22nd January 2011, 12:31 PM
We shall find a day to do it! Thank you all for the welcome Appppppppreciate it.

CNBLU thats it; yeah man I live in Seaford so youre right next door literally!

I have a issue with it at the moment with the remotes not opening the doors; they have batteries etc; meed to find out why.

iionas
22nd January 2011, 12:31 PM
PS Ebay has alot of things for Astra's wow!

03srit
22nd January 2011, 12:37 PM
Here's a how to for the traction control switch from aoc.. http://www.astraownersclub.com/documents/technical/tcswitch.pdf

iionas
22nd January 2011, 01:49 PM
Thats wicked! Thanks heaps! I apologize for the most obvious of questions; Im noob here.. Being a mod on another car forum I bash people like this!