PDA

View Full Version : Hi OpelAus!

Gatecrasher
15th January 2011, 12:05 PM
Just realised i hadn't posted here yet. Hello all. I'm Aaron - just got my 2007 Astra SRi-T around 6 months ago and still loving it.

Am in a bit of a sticky situation though, I'm getting used to the power of the car and am starting to think i want some more grunt and noise (thinking i should have paid extra for a VXR) so I'm considering what to do as i have 3 years Holden certified warranty, so I'm contemplating whether to begin the mod journey or to hold out for a while.

After reading through some really great posts on the site, I've pretty much decided that I'm going to put on a K&N Apollo for some noise because it looks relatively easy to do and to take off when i need to service it (so i don't void warranty). But I'm still undecided whether to go further than that or not and just void the Holden certified warranty.

Would be great to hear what you guys think I should do and also what modifications you guys have done to your cars.

-Aaron.

AfterBurner
15th January 2011, 12:10 PM
Wow, another Aaron...

Plsd 2 meet u... Enjoy the forum & hav a dig thru as there are endless mods posted here evrywhere!!

An ECU remap will prolly give u the most difference + a pod filter.. Workd wonders on my 'G' let me tell ya...

;)

guy 27
15th January 2011, 12:14 PM
Welcome to OA.

CNBLU
15th January 2011, 02:31 PM
Hello and Welcome!

Happy modding :)

Nurb608
15th January 2011, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the site mate! It's always a call whether to mod or keep your warranty. Even in a vxr you get used to the power quickly and get the modding bug ;)

Shadow110
15th January 2011, 05:19 PM
Welcome to OA!!!
I'm getting a Vxr at the end of the year myself

03srit
15th January 2011, 06:08 PM
Welcome to oa bud..

btm
18th January 2011, 02:03 PM
welcome to the site!

Neeko
18th January 2011, 02:15 PM
Welcome,
Do you currently have any performance mods for your turbo?

metry
18th January 2011, 04:06 PM
welcome to oa mate

delemonte
18th January 2011, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the Member's Introduction section Aaron ;)
As I'm sure you've found, the guys here will be able to give you plenty of good advice. Keep us updated with any mods should you decide to jump in the endless money pit of car modding :p

chrissn89
20th January 2011, 12:21 AM
Welcome to OA, i say grab a EDS IPF handheld tuning port which is a fantastic bit of kit and you can load your standard map back in for the services if your worried, and some type of induction kit, either a hi-flow filter in your standard air box, or the CDTi airbox setup if you have the cash.

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/vauxhall/acatalog/AstraH_Z20X_EDS_IPF.html#a6507

Gatecrasher
20th January 2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys :D and the tips on where to start.

I just dropped off at supercheap this arvo and grabbed one of their el-cheapo pod filters to make sure I was able to remove the standard box and install one before I buy the K&N Apollo. Pretty happy with the noise its making :P but will probably take it off soon.

I'm thinking zorst next... and then down the track a little maybe I'll look at the ECU remapping - that sounds pretty scary to me haha.