PDA

View Full Version : Sticker Designs??

JasonGilholme
28th October 2004, 03:41 PM
hi Guys

I guess this is aimed at the people that run opelaus.com. I want to get an opelaus.com sticker but i want something unique for my car. Is it alright if i get a custom one made?? I'm a bit of a photoshop nut so I'd be able to show you the design before hand. If you guys ok my idea I'm happy to give you the design if you wanna use it as an optional club sticker.

Thanks

Jason

~Kupu~
28th October 2004, 03:50 PM
why dont you just go to a sticker place and get it made yourself

JasonGilholme
28th October 2004, 03:51 PM
I'll do that but i wanna know if its cool wit the head dudes at opelaus. does anyone else think it would be a problem???

~Kupu~
28th October 2004, 03:53 PM
there are other people that have custom stickers on thier car :roll: they have no control over what the sticker you put on your car looks like.
the opelaus police wont break down your door and make you do time cause your sticker looks different darl :lol:

~Kupu~
28th October 2004, 03:56 PM
Mohawk has a different opelaus sticker :mrgreen:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/mr_astra/SUC30092.jpg

JasonGilholme
28th October 2004, 04:03 PM
cool cool..i was just wondering cause i didn't want to be ridiculed when I see people on a cruise thats all...

I'll post a pic when i get it done

~Kupu~
28th October 2004, 04:04 PM
Sweet :mrgreen:

The Godfather
28th October 2004, 04:55 PM
there are other people that have custom stickers on thier car :roll: they have no control over what the sticker you put on your car looks like.
the opelaus police wont break down your door and make you do time cause your sticker looks different darl :lol:

Who told you thet the stickers design are not copyrigted?????? 8) 8) 8)

Anonymous
28th October 2004, 05:16 PM
1. i thought u need to have a © symbol on the orignal sticker design for it to be copyrighted :roll:

2. Copyright would only play a part if someone wanted copy the original sticker design, this person wants to make their own design so copyright plays no part....

somebody correct me if i'm wrong here :roll:

OPC
28th October 2004, 06:07 PM
DUN DUN DAAAAHHH scott has come to save the day...

thanks scott i was gettin a bit worried there.. :?

i suppose jasongilholme if they had a problem with it i would have found out by now...

gee willigers batman i hope they dont have a problem :lol:

frankie9fingers
28th October 2004, 06:10 PM
Jason you can make your own if you like. I'm sure as hell not gonna get upset about it. It's more publicity for the site that i'm keen on.

As for copyrights, without getting into too much boring stuff and answering Samvac
1. No. Copyright just has to be registered

2. Yes. Copyright only protect the design as you see it. That's why people like Dick Smith and his similar food products get away with it.

To totally stop someone from using opelaus.com you'ld need a patent and why the hell would any of us want to stop them from free advertisment.

a_manda
28th October 2004, 06:30 PM
To totally stop someone from using opelaus.com you'ld need a paident (spelling?) and why the hell would any of us want to stop them from free advertisment.

patent ;)

Rhino
28th October 2004, 06:31 PM
You don't PATENT a logo. You trademark (™) or register (®) it.

Patents apply to concepts or physical objects.

Copyrights apply to intellectual property (ideas) and documentation.

Open to correction of course but I have an idea that is close

Nem
28th October 2004, 08:45 PM
Anyway I think it was nice of him to at least ask. ONYA Jase!!

break
28th October 2004, 11:36 PM
Just watch the prices of custom stickers.

Where I got my 'break' sticker from for my rear window... I was charged $23 to have two identical stickers made. I could only use text in the stickers, and they could only be a few different colors.

To get them done as anything I wanted in vinyl... I was looking at $50 per sticker! Thats full color, and a fairly large sticker (50cm x 20cm)... but still... that pretty expensive.

Blitzkrieg
29th October 2004, 01:31 AM
A web adress, using two colours would set you back 25-30$ in 60cm*8cm

If you ahve some fancy, custom design, be looking into 50s

wishbone
29th October 2004, 06:29 AM
yeh mohawks design looks really nice
i would love to have one like that..
but i have one all ready, and its not that bad so i wont change it

JasonGilholme
29th October 2004, 08:47 AM
Hey fellas,

I know this chick that would make one cheap for me so it might not be as much as you guys say it is....hopefully anyway. I'm only after one for the back window and maybe something different for the fuel cap. I'll post pics and prices when they're done.

Thanks for the ok frankie **thumbs up**

Jason

frankie9fingers
29th October 2004, 06:12 PM
You don't PATENT a logo. You trademark (™) or register (®) it.

Patents apply to concepts or physical objects.

Copyrights apply to intellectual property (ideas) and documentation.

Open to correction of course but I have an idea that is close

Spot on! Good to know someone is on the ball.

As for prices on getting the artwork done Jason, I know this can be abit pricey coz it aint just scan and print. The actual image has to be vectorised to create a working path. I have a demo program called Sign Wizard which i'm tinkering with. The time it takes amazes me. So i know why they charge more for images and not for just text. Text comes with the programs so it just type and print. Am i talking too much? Yes i am. I'm going to play tea with my dolls now.

JasonGilholme
30th October 2004, 08:52 AM
I'm only after a simple web adress one but I wanted a different font. Nothin to fancy. I'll tell you tha price when i get it done.

Cheers guys

Jason

frankie9fingers
30th October 2004, 11:08 AM
Try this site for a font. The signwriter would still have to convert it but they may have something similar.
http://www.dafont.com/en/

Turblue
30th October 2004, 12:00 PM
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/wgiebel/sticker.jpg

This is mine, using the design the Club supplies as group buys.

I am personally very happy to see people are wanting to put OpelAus signage on their cars. It's fantastic to see you are passionate about your car and club. If you want to make your own sticker, I really can't see any reason not to do so.

Just remember, the name "opelaus.com" is registered and owned by one of our members.

If you come up with a great new design, let us know and maybe we will use your design as a group buy next time.

JasonGilholme
30th October 2004, 12:13 PM
I was planning to make a smaller sticker to go over the fuel cap. I wanted to have www one one side of the cap, opelaus on the cap, and com on the other side.

heres a diagram for those that didn't understand....myself included :)

www(opelaus)com

I hope that helps.

Also i know opelaus.com is registered to someone so is it ok if I use www.opelaus.com. Does that run into any trouble???

Thanks guys

Jason

wishbone
31st October 2004, 06:46 AM
btw.. when is that Windsheild one going to be available?

Dregger
31st October 2004, 10:34 AM
Jason,

i've already told ya its not a problem, but i just wanted to answer your question abotu the registrtation of www.opelaus.com and just opelaus.com
When you buy a opelaus.com URL, you also become the owner of www version aswell.

I like your idea!! pics are a must! :P