PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cat's Eyes

DrDevil
27th October 2004, 11:31 PM
im pretty sure thats what they are called, the reflective bumps that are usually in the centre of the lanes. I am seeing a hell of a lot of little blue ones around at the moment, usually with little yellow arrows next to them. They seem to be everywhere on suburban streets in Brisbane. Anyone know what they are for??

GOZOFF
27th October 2004, 11:36 PM
UFO landing markers I think :lol: :lol: :lol:

Degen-Astra
27th October 2004, 11:52 PM
In Victoria Blue Cats Eyes mark Fire Hydrant positions. And will usually be off set to one side of the road or the other to indicate to the Firey's which n/s or side the hydrant is located.

The Sentinel
27th October 2004, 11:55 PM
Yep.... they are used for the same thing up here in QLD Ben..

Dee
28th October 2004, 09:02 AM
and they are really easy to nick too... just get a flat head screw drive underneath and tap the end of the screwdriver with a hammer... ohh i mean... :oops:

the green ones mean that there is a off ramp on a highway
white is the middle of the road
red is the side of the road
and the blue are the hydrant markers with the yellow arrows showing the direction of the Underground Fire Hydrant Boosters. Which is easier to find than the old signs on the side of the road just above the hydrants....

~Kupu~
28th October 2004, 09:38 AM
:shock: wow - this shows how much i do not pay attention to the road.... i have seen the white ones (only cause when driving with knees sometimes the car tend to drift a little centre wards and you drive over them) but i have never noticed any other colours :shock:

Anonymous
28th October 2004, 09:39 AM
hehe yea i do that too lol i never noticed the blue/green ones hehe

Dee
28th October 2004, 09:41 AM
i only know cos one night we went out searching for different colours... and thats the theory we came up with ;)

dazza015
28th October 2004, 10:50 AM
As a worker for Brisbane City Council I will ignore the above..........

Dee
28th October 2004, 10:53 AM
ohhh fanks darren.... im safe... they were all from the Pine Rivers Shire ;)

DrDevil
28th October 2004, 11:27 AM
i figured it was something like that

they are bloody annoying tho. there is a street in St Lucia where it is impossible not to to run over them, they are placed along the road every metre, most of them right in line with my right tyre :x

Rhino
28th October 2004, 12:39 PM
: confused :

I thought they were to clean your wheels?

You know, drive over them.., dust, twigs, cats falls out... :oops:

R3N
28th October 2004, 01:26 PM
You know, drive over them.., dust, twigs, cats falls out...

I dunno... cats usually don't come out that easy

raymond
28th October 2004, 07:15 PM
You know, drive over them.., dust, twigs, cats falls out...

I dunno... cats usually don't come out that easy

cats :P