PDA

View Full Version : paint shop around melbourne

vectra_
6th January 2011, 12:22 AM
hi everyone, i need to get my front lip and the back vxr diffuser painted...where can i find a good paint shop around melbourne?and also how much would it cost me in total?

guy 27
6th January 2011, 12:26 AM
go around to a few panel shops in your area and get some quotes.

Also remember that if the colour is not 100% you shouldn't accept it.

I'd estimate a ball park figure of around $300.

Wraith
7th January 2011, 12:02 PM
Where abouts are you located, or is location of no concern ??

I know a good operator in the Sunshine area...:)

Can't comment on cost of what you need done though, you'd have to deal directly with him and go from there...

vectra_
8th January 2011, 06:26 AM
im around doncaster..

Wraith
11th January 2011, 12:28 PM
If you need it to be close by I don't know of an operator there vectra...

Try the local guide in the yellow pages and ring in some quotes :)

J
11th January 2011, 02:49 PM
hi everyone, i need to get my front lip and the back vxr diffuser painted...where can i find a good paint shop around melbourne?and also how much would it cost me in total?

If you need it to be close by I don't know of an operator there vectra...

Try the local guide in the yellow pages and ring in some quotes :)

Let's see if this works, vectra_ (note that you can even send each business' contact details as a free text to your mobile! How nifty is that?):
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/listings?region=australia&showAllLocations=false&includeSurroundingSuburbs=false&locationArea=m&referredBy=YOL&areaId=1158&surroundingSuburbsModifiedByUser=false&stateId=2&clue=spray+painters+automotive&suburbList=3108&serviceAreaModifiedByUser=false&pageNumber=1&localityId=24517&lruPageNumber=1&locationClue=Doncaster+VIC&showAllCandidates=false&serviceArea=false&locationText=Doncaster+VIC&suburbPostcode=3108&searchMode=type&tmPageNumber=1&headingCode=20850

Happy shopping! And remember to post pics once it is done!

vectra_
13th January 2011, 07:57 PM
Let's see if this works, vectra_ (note that you can even send each business' contact details as a free text to your mobile! How nifty is that?):
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/listings?region=australia&showAllLocations=false&includeSurroundingSuburbs=false&locationArea=m&referredBy=YOL&areaId=1158&surroundingSuburbsModifiedByUser=false&stateId=2&clue=spray+painters+automotive&suburbList=3108&serviceAreaModifiedByUser=false&pageNumber=1&localityId=24517&lruPageNumber=1&locationClue=Doncaster+VIC&showAllCandidates=false&serviceArea=false&locationText=Doncaster+VIC&suburbPostcode=3108&searchMode=type&tmPageNumber=1&headingCode=20850

Happy shopping! And remember to post pics once it is done!
thanks so much (:
went to one of them today and they said it will cost me 350 to get it painted, just the front lower lip.. :/

J
14th January 2011, 09:49 AM
thanks so much (:
went to one of them today and they said it will cost me 350 to get it painted, just the front lower lip.. :/

No worries vectra_!

I remember doing colour coding for my sister's pre-facelift Corsa C. That would have included the grille, the bits on the front and rear bars, the side protection moulding, and the wing mirrors. I think I paid about $500-550 for all that, but that was a few years ago, and they already had the right colour with them because the car was being repaired from a minor bingle at the same time, so $350 for a lip is not too bad IMHO.

Having said that, I'd strongly recommend you ask around a few more shops for more quotes. And have a look at some of their finished products with some other people's plastic/rubber bits, before you decide to go with them!

All the best with it!