PDA

View Full Version : 20 years of TAC road accident commercials

Jerram
24th December 2010, 11:10 AM
they've made this retrospective. At least one big Canadian YT Channel has this as their header video. It's a montage of their various commercials over the years - it's almost like "find your old favourites"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8

metry
24th December 2010, 01:11 PM
that was pretty graphic

hazrd
24th December 2010, 02:09 PM
that was brilliant

the way they put it together was well done. I remember most of them, and yes, they are very graphic, but **** me, seriously, sometimes this is what it takes to make people wake up to themselves because just saying "no, dont drive like an idiot" isnt enough
//rant

i remember one of them very well, its probably only in the recent 12 months, a guy smacks a car up the rear because he wasnt paying attention, he gets out, checks the damage of his car, walks upto the car he hit and the driver is stunned............ he pushed the front car into a pedestrian (mother and child) crossing the road, the mother dies on the scene..

last thing i would want to hear is one of my family members being killed in a car accident all because some ****wit didnt give way or allow enough space in between lane changes etc

please take it easy on the road this break, keep your cool, be patient, and be aware

Shaun
24th December 2010, 05:49 PM
Very Graphic. It Seems the NSW RTA need to take a leaf out of the VIC Road book and start hitting our screens with graphic ads such as these.

poita
24th December 2010, 05:51 PM
i have seen a few of those living both in nsw and qld. tbh seen more of them in nsw.

they need to play shit like this in schools

guy 27
24th December 2010, 06:05 PM
they need to play shit like this in schools

They did every year at my school for all year 11 and 12 students.

Vectracious
24th December 2010, 09:34 PM
the other side of the coin to this is that when you get bombarded with it all the time - you get used to it and you just switch off.....

not saying they should stop - but you do tend to get desensitised to them - the only way to make you pay attention to them is to make them more graphic, then you get used to that level as well.

I remember the first ones in the late 80's and the early ones are nothing like the ones they show now in terms of shock value...