PDA

View Full Version : Ozhonda at it again...

tezarity
18th December 2010, 11:24 PM
Ozhonda had their end of year meet in Revesby this afternoon.
And after doing burnouts in the parking lot and hooning up an down the road waiting for vtec to kick in it's no surprise what happens next...

A friend of mine from JDMST showed me this link:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1389.snc4/164116_477170237830_688162830_6055824_4955276_n.jp g

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs024.snc6/165480_477172857830_688162830_6055929_3927494_n.jp g

Say no more.

Basic order of events.

1. Civic EG blasts past
2. Hits dirt on the road
3. Brakes lock up tries to countersteer
4. Hits parked truck
5. Goes airbourne for a second, swings back lands on nose.
6. I run up to him asking him "are you okay?" while my friend holds his bonnet from scraping.
7. People arrive, he gets out, rage, photos etc

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1389.snc4/164116_477170237830_688162830_6055824_4955276_n.jp g

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs024.snc6/165480_477172857830_688162830_6055929_3927494_n.jp g

hazrd
18th December 2010, 11:38 PM
lol
ozhonda fail

its people like this that unfortunately makes the cops think we are all bad people because we like cars

oh well

poita
18th December 2010, 11:42 PM
great, more action on car clubs from the po po because of this.

first pic it almost looks like a ute, but i reckon it'll buff out.

guy 27
18th December 2010, 11:42 PM
:lol:

hazrd
19th December 2010, 12:05 AM
found the thread on OH and come across this comment:

I had a feeling something was going to happen after seeing the blue evo nearly take out the astra.

they nearly hit u tez? :eek:

fezzick
19th December 2010, 07:28 AM
There's no statute of limitations on stupidity.

tezarity
19th December 2010, 08:31 AM
found the thread on OH and come across this comment:

they nearly hit u tez? :eek:

LOL!
I go to the opposite side of Sydney the second i hear of anything ozhonda related happening.

Vectracious
19th December 2010, 08:39 AM
Is this the same club who had that massive crash between three cars earlier in the year??????

Makes you wonder what the people running OzHonda are doing - probably alongside the idiots street racing.... :rolleyes:

V-TAK kicked in yo.....

poita
19th December 2010, 08:45 AM
yer same club Pete, idiots

Shadow110
19th December 2010, 09:27 AM
+1 On the puts us to shame.

They should have been all charged with public disturbance

tezarity
19th December 2010, 09:45 AM
Can't remember if i mentioned this before, but at the previous ozhonda meet at wetherill park just prior to this one, not even 10 minutes into it and they had 4 police cars rock up and go through defecting all the cars one by one.
Would have raised a fortune for the state

metry
19th December 2010, 09:57 AM
looks like some one couldnt handle vtec ;p

nah but seriously shit like this gives me the shits. now im not the best driver in that i do some stupid stuff on the the roads but when your representing a club or group you behave because youve not only got your reputation on the line but the whole clubs. stunts like that make it harder for every other club.

UNEEQ
19th December 2010, 10:29 AM
great, more action on car clubs from the po po because of this.

first pic it almost looks like a ute, but i reckon it'll buff out.

What will buff out? The scratches or the Ute?

Absolute wanker. Hire the track for your Chrismas Party if you want to go doing that shit... At least it's a safe environment. What if he'd hit someone after being airborn or even after losing control? What if it was a kid?

These people need the learn how to think, or kill themselves because they shouldn't have a license to be alive.

Hoss
19th December 2010, 10:43 AM
Idiots. At least no innocent parties were hurt. Maybe the cost of the damaged car may make them think twice. Who am I kidding - being an idiot is like learning to ride a bicycle, once you learn you never forget.

droodles
19th December 2010, 11:27 AM
vtec is amazing though.

what's the link to the thread?

Shadow110
19th December 2010, 01:50 PM
I read somewhere that they want to take v-tech powered cars off p players for this exact reason

BradstaMS
19th December 2010, 01:57 PM
That sounds abit silly, vtec isnt powerful, hondatards just think it is.

kabel
19th December 2010, 02:08 PM
Idiots. At least no innocent parties were hurt. Maybe the cost of the damaged car may make them think twice. Who am I kidding - being an idiot is like learning to ride a bicycle, once you learn you never forget.
Good one !

gmonkey
19th December 2010, 03:45 PM

It's great technology in the right hands.. Makes cars able to be track card but also everyday a to b cars.. Fuel economy on first cam and power on the second cam.. Better than ecotec :p

An aussie Toyota club recently had a couple of hoons from their site in a corolla ke70 thrashing and doing skids in an industrial area (cul-de-sac) at around 4pm. Area was pretty unpopulated but peoples cars were parked on street and there were trucks coming and going. Just so happened was a traffic watch chopper for ch7 in the area and taped it all. Cops arrived gave them $1500 fines 6month suspension and impound of cars for 28days. Nothing went wrong but easily could have, and ya know what half of the toyota club replied with" awesome skids mate top job, sick looking car, stupid po po.." etc etc

Just goes to show that some clubs out there were designed to attract the morons

poita
19th December 2010, 07:13 PM
that was headline news here brenton lol

gmonkey
19th December 2010, 07:50 PM
Yeh wellsome of there community were dumb enough to congratulate the guy on it...

droodles
19th December 2010, 09:41 PM

well to be fair, ecotec is nothing compared to vtec. i'd personally, if given the chance, trade my car for an integra type-r any day. don't be so naive.

gmonkey
19th December 2010, 10:55 PM
well to be fair, ecotec is nothing compared to vtec. i'd personally, if given the chance, trade my car for an integra type-r any day. don't be so naive.

+1

when a 2ltr N/A vtec has the same power as a 2litre turbo astra you know it has to be good (even if all the power is at 8000rpm :p)

metry
19th December 2010, 11:32 PM
+1

when a 2ltr N/A vtec has the same power as a 2litre turbo astra you know it has to be good (even if all the power is at 8000rpm :p)

yeh but you dont have that feeling of boost like in a turbo ;p. vtec is really clever technology. i dont think vtec is the problem. its the people driving the cars. my mate has a prelude and went to one ozzhonda meet. he has never been again. they pull stunts like these which can only clearly be done on a track. they should hire a track and all meet there. that way people that want to be heroes have the track to show there skills. its alot safer that way

gmonkey
19th December 2010, 11:41 PM
yeh but you dont have that feeling of boost like in a turbo ;p. vtec is really clever technology. i dont think vtec is the problem. its the people driving the cars. my mate has a prelude and went to one ozzhonda meet. he has never been again. they pull stunts like these which can only clearly be done on a track. they should hire a track and all meet there. that way people that want to be heroes have the track to show there skills. its alot safer that way
yep agreed again, i went to one ozhonda meet with my Jazz, never went again they are all boyracer douches... they should just close the club down hahah

btm
20th December 2010, 09:13 AM
epic failure

tomtom
20th December 2010, 11:19 AM
It's hilarious how true to stereotypes things can get.

"JDM 247"

Nice plate bro goes well with your crushed roof. Lucky his hood and roof werent carbon fiber else someone might've been splintered and got the deads.

CNBLU
20th December 2010, 01:08 PM
what a dickk! these people will never learn!

JohnBu
20th December 2010, 02:11 PM
what a dickk! these people will never learn!

there's a new ricer turning 18 every day.

MatsHolden
20th December 2010, 08:18 PM

lol why are you comparing ecotec to vtec? ECOTEC stands for Emissions Control Optomisation Technology and VTEC stands for Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control. Two completely unrelated things apart from having 'TEC' in their acronym's.

Shaun
20th December 2010, 10:58 PM
Yal V Tec just kicked in...... What the **** is wrong with these " RETARDS" Cant they take there cars to a track day. m guessing OZ Honda will be under the watchful eyes of the Sydney HWY Patrol.

gmonkey
21st December 2010, 12:08 AM
lol why are you comparing ecotec to vtec? ECOTEC stands for Emissions Control Optomisation Technology and VTEC stands for Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control. Two completely unrelated things apart from having 'TEC' in their acronym's.

cause thats all the tech we have with Opel.. honda tech is superior :(

ChrisMaz
21st December 2010, 01:33 AM
I can understand people doing stupid shit on cruise's. But speeding and losing control of a car in basically what looks like a suburban street is just plain retarded. Guy must have had an I.Q of 1

Go eat some More rice brento. Filthy traitor :p

gmonkey
21st December 2010, 01:56 AM
you know it to be true.. who gives a shit about emission regs anyway other than hippys :p

Hicompvn
21st December 2010, 03:16 AM
WANKER....... remeinds me of the old CCC Days (Commodore Cruise Club) in victoria, every meet, there was smoke bellowing out of rear guards, then smoke out of everyones ass's afterwords, cos the cops would rock up, and eveyone would scatter like flies!!!!!

just bloody stupid, but i have to agree, hire a track day, or hrrrmmm buy a large empty factory, then you can do what ever you like!!!

hazrd
21st December 2010, 11:00 AM
WANKER....... remeinds me of the old CCC Days (Commodore Cruise Club) in victoria, every meet, there was smoke bellowing out of rear guards, then smoke out of everyones ass's afterwords, cos the cops would rock up, and eveyone would scatter like flies!!!!!

just bloody stupid, but i have to agree, hire a track day, or hrrrmmm buy a large empty factory, then you can do what ever you like!!!

omg
u said CCC

dont swear in here :lol:

droodles
21st December 2010, 11:27 AM
lol why are you comparing ecotec to vtec? ECOTEC stands for Emissions Control Optomisation Technology.

but what does that even do?

hazrd
21st December 2010, 11:51 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecotec

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC

xplosv57
21st December 2010, 11:52 AM

are you kidding??

Emission Control...........

BradstaMS
21st December 2010, 11:54 AM
the quote in my sig is what it does.

dizzydumb
21st December 2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah V-tec might be superior, we have to admit. But that's only for 'purists' who're stubborn and not open to other cars. When I was shopping for my next upgrade (from Astra G), I was seriously looking at a Civic Type R (FN2) aka. giant logitech mouse. Sure the interior looks 5x cooler than my vxr, sure it has 200hp, and yes the twin triangle exhaust is cooler than my vxr's centre exit one. But mind you, after driving one, I changed my mind.

Power is good, but torque is rubbish. (195 Nm). Means you still get the power, but making so much noise + burning fuel while getting there at 8000rpm. It almost feels like my Astra G from 4000rpm below. So whats the point?
My consideration was, that I need a car with enough punch for (mainly) A to B driving. Something that can pull thru traffic easily. The VXR (or SRi-T) does that at 2400rpm (not 8000!!!!). My conclusion is, for everyday driving, TORQUE COUNTS. Ever wonder why the Golf or Audi TDi engines are so popular? Look at the torque figure for yourself. It means that from traffic-traffic (under 60kph), they sprint equally as fast as our petrol turbo cars, and save fuel.

So what if the Type R has recaro seats? My VXR has LEATHER recaros with built in Arse Warmers! LoL

CORZZA
21st December 2010, 01:03 PM
Epic fail....

droodles
21st December 2010, 04:18 PM
are you kidding??

Emission Control...........

Yeah I've read about it already..but honestly, is that why the engine complains at 4500 RPM? Because it's going "YOU ARE POLLUTING THE PLANET STOP REVVING AT THIS POINT OR I WILL STOP YOU!"

Power is good, but torque is rubbish. (195 Nm). Means you still get the power, but making so much noise + burning fuel while getting there at 8000rpm. It almost feels like my Astra G from 4000rpm below. So whats the point?
My consideration was, that I need a car with enough punch for (mainly) A to B driving. Something that can pull thru traffic easily. The VXR (or SRi-T) does that at 2400rpm (not 8000!!!!). My conclusion is, for everyday driving, TORQUE COUNTS. Ever wonder why the Golf or Audi TDi engines are so popular? Look at the torque figure for yourself. It means that from traffic-traffic (under 60kph), they sprint equally as fast as our petrol turbo cars, and save fuel.

So what if the Type R has recaro seats? My VXR has LEATHER recaros with built in Arse Warmers! LoL

Not everyone can drive turbo cars, not every P-plater at least. Honda cars are the closest thing to it.

xplosv57
21st December 2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah I've read about it already..but honestly, is that why the engine complains at 4500 RPM? Because it's going "YOU ARE POLLUTING THE PLANET STOP REVVING AT THIS POINT OR I WILL STOP YOU!"

i can't, nor will try and answer that......

explains the mechanics thread though

nuggz
21st December 2010, 04:43 PM
v-tec with 400nm = win!

JohnBu
21st December 2010, 04:49 PM
v-tec with 400nm = win!

Does it exist without a turbo/supercharger?

dizzydumb
21st December 2010, 04:51 PM
Yeah, but probably only in their V8 or V10 variant, meant for lemans or F1 races. Not in their V6 or 4-bangers!

JohnBu
21st December 2010, 04:58 PM
Still unsure why Honda still persist with N/A. Hell even BMW, manufacturers of some of the best N/A 6s went turbo.

It's not as if Honda don't have experience with turbo.... 500kW with 1.5L in the 80s was no mean feat.

dizzydumb
21st December 2010, 04:59 PM
exactly. Bunch of so called 'purists' thats why. Just like the v8 bogans who give us shit about missing 4 cylinders.

xplosv57
21st December 2010, 05:02 PM
Still unsure why Honda still persist with N/A. Hell even BMW, manufacturers of some of the best N/A 6s went turbo.

Only reason BMW went turbo was so they could increase the power of their cars AND pass Euro 5 emissions as well as save money, had they stuck with N/A, would have cost alot more to pass regulations.

droodles
21st December 2010, 05:03 PM
maybe it has something to do with the price of manufacturing turbo cars?

JohnBu
21st December 2010, 05:04 PM
At least V8s still sound good and can offer big output, unfortunately, that comes with big fuel bills & weight.

We'll all be driving V8s if it wasn't for the issue of fuel... high revving V8s from M3s and RS4/5s yes please!

JohnBu
21st December 2010, 05:04 PM
Only reason BMW went turbo was so they could increase the power of their cars AND pass Euro 5 emissions as well as save money, had they stuck with N/A, would have cost alot more to pass regulations.

Sounds like a win/win to me!

JohnBu
21st December 2010, 05:07 PM
maybe it has something to do with the price of manufacturing turbo cars?

True.... but Civic Type Rs and Integra Type Rs are/were $40k, the same price of a Golf GTI.

The GTI is a better overall car, which a much better engine.

dizzydumb
21st December 2010, 05:07 PM
Mate, everyone has the right to love and be proud of their cars. TypeR, V8 or GM guys (us). What shits me is when they start the 'my car is better/faster than yours' crap. That was the day I started hating TypeR and V8 guys, and support whichever car that beats them.

VXR UK guys reckon they cop a lot of shit from CTR (civic type R) drivers.

JohnBu
21st December 2010, 05:10 PM
I don't have any real loyalty for any brand... I'll just buy the best car I can afford the time that suits me...

xplosv57
21st December 2010, 05:11 PM
so........

whats this thread about again??

dizzydumb
21st December 2010, 05:11 PM
+100

For all mere mortals like us. Hence I chose my VXR over Civic Type R FN2. At least the vxr doesn't look like a giant speeding logitech mouse

guy 27
21st December 2010, 05:12 PM
so........

whats this thread about again??

http://rsxisfaster.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/vindieselvtec.jpg

droodles
21st December 2010, 05:13 PM
I don't have any real loyalty for any brand... I'll just buy the best car I can afford the time that suits me...

Same. Japanese/German/The other ones....

dizzydumb
21st December 2010, 05:15 PM
wankers drive hondas :lol:

Touche!

metry
21st December 2010, 06:52 PM
vtec is for kids ;p
http://i41.tinypic.com/idf0h4.jpg

Vectracious
21st December 2010, 06:53 PM
vtec is for kids ;p
http://i41.tinypic.com/idf0h4.jpg

hahahahah - our house is full of vtech - they advertise the fact that the voices on these things are in a British accent as a feature!!!!

gmonkey
22nd December 2010, 02:14 AM
v-tec with 400hamsters = win!

http://members.rennlist.com/adamation/honda-tuning.jpe

http://www.bernieherman.com/images/Honda-Article.jpg

p.s. why am i quoted in your sig nuggz ahahha :P

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/633492515165500232-vtec-500x400.jpg