PDA

View Full Version : Hullo from Wollongong.

fezzick
14th December 2010, 12:09 PM
Hi there, OpelAus people. My name's Phil and I just joined up (redirected here from clubcalibra.org)

I presently own two Opels, a 2001 Vectra CD 2.2l and I've just bought a 1994 Calibra 16V. I have previously owned 2 other Vectras and another Calibra so I guess you could say that I'm not opeless *sigh*

I'm presently recuperating from a very serious motorcycle accident and have decided, (very reluctantly) after 37 years of riding, to hang up my helmet. However, our family needs two vehicles so I went looking and found a little red Calibra. I can't drive it at the moment (I can barely get IN it) but I am seriously looking forward to re-acquainting myself with this great little car.

My Calibra already has Opel wheels so I am seriously thinking about opelising the car so any advice in terms of badges, sources of supply, etc, would be appreciated.

I'll post some pics when I can.

guy 27
14th December 2010, 12:11 PM
Welcome to OA

AfterBurner
14th December 2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah welcome mate... Plenty of us here in Sydney so hopefully ur all better for a cruise shortly...

I'm a rider as well & have had a nasty, but not too serious acco a few yrs back, just a torn knee ligament thank christ...

Enjoy ur stay here, u will need strong legs to push the Cali around too :incazzato:... Don't worry, just a running joke on this site with Poita...

btm
14th December 2010, 01:23 PM
hey Phil and welcome to the site!

fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for you mate :)

poita
14th December 2010, 01:50 PM
Welcome along to the forum champ.

Trust me with this, you will cop a fair hiding from most cause you own a Calibra.

But all you can do, is get up on your own two feet and stand....... actually nevermind that.

Hope everything heals OK and you back up soon mate

Ice
14th December 2010, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the Forums Fezzick, You'll get plenty of info and help regarding your Cali too.

ps, hope you have a full recovery !

Shadow110
14th December 2010, 01:56 PM
Welcome to OA!!!

metry
14th December 2010, 03:36 PM
welcome to oa mate. hope you have a speedy recovery and get back behind the wheel of a car soon

ChrisMaz
14th December 2010, 03:39 PM
Welcome to OA mate.

If you're after some badges, search for an ebay store called "Opelise" They will have everything you need.

Hope you heal up nice and quick to get behind the cali.

boorny88
14th December 2010, 04:09 PM
welcome to OA mate hope you enjoy your time here and hope you recover quickly from your accident

fezzick
14th December 2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks, guys!

sooty
14th December 2010, 06:02 PM
Welcome to OA and a speedy recovery mate!

hazrd
14th December 2010, 06:24 PM
Welcome
Don't listen to all these boofheads :p look after the Cali and it'll look after u. I had mine for 2 years and the only things broken on it were self inflicted :lol:

And hoping for a speedy recovery :thumbs: