PDA

View Full Version : Astra or Beetle I can't decide

NPR
24th October 2004, 09:00 PM
hmmmm i have the choice of getting an Astra which i wont really own or having an old-school beetle to call my own... at first i thought yeh astra for sure but i reckon the beetle will be more interesting and fun than any old astra. plus if i put a cd player in there the beetle would be fine. But then should i be passing up a near new astra because i fell in love with a beetle? plus insurance would be cheaper on a beetle but it may cost more for maintenance... AGGGGH

Anonymous
24th October 2004, 09:06 PM
astra, in the long run you will be happyier with the astra (at 16 it is gonna be hard to maintain a 1972 beetle) i went through this when i decided to get my own car at 16 lol had a 1989 holden VN commodore and it cost $3000 and about $2000 just to keep it running for half a year... i sold it and now i have my astra which my dad bought under his name and stuff i just drive it and can do what i please with it lol but i couldnt be happier :D :D

The Sentinel
24th October 2004, 09:08 PM
Hehe.. pretty much a foregone conclusion putting up a poll like that here :-)

Mitch
24th October 2004, 09:28 PM
You can't really compare those two cars. I would go the Astra because I prefer newer cars.

mr_astra_retired
24th October 2004, 09:32 PM
beetle is more fun than an astra :shock: buy the beetle

GOZOFF
24th October 2004, 09:34 PM

Or get a VW bug there even more fun :shock: :shock:

1OPL2C
24th October 2004, 10:09 PM
astra way beta lol..

i got my first NEW car at 17.. rtie now a 04 astra.. and it cost me all my $$$$$$ to keep it running.. including insurance

dug74
24th October 2004, 10:12 PM
astra for sure....becoz the bettle is older than i am...and it is probably in the same condition as me :lol:

Bernard Siong
24th October 2004, 10:27 PM
beetle is way fun
astras are cool n all
but id go for the astra coz its ur first car n u want something reliable to save you money on repairs n that.

woody
25th October 2004, 10:18 AM
I had a friend Jesse in the UK who dropped a porsche 911 Engine in his beetle... the bloody thing used to do wheelies!!

Great fun but not really practicle if you're looking for cheap insurance..

Rhino
25th October 2004, 10:22 AM
A VW would be awesome, they have so much character... but for a first car, I'd sway towards safe and reliable.

OPC
25th October 2004, 10:32 AM

Or get a VW bug there even more fun :shock: :shock:

BLAH i say go the astra .... not cos i own one... cos my dad used to have a beetle and he was forever working on it... and that was about 15 years ago... but you will decide what is best so dont go on what anyone here says cos u might regret it....

Fungusfee
25th October 2004, 12:23 PM
dont go on what anyone here says cos u might regret it....

i agree...but I'd get the astra

not only is it probably more reliable but, even though you pay a little more now, you can keep it for longer and won't have to buy another car until you got a bit more money

Astra which i wont really own

Depends on what you mean here. are you gonna finance it or are your parents gonna buy it for you and you pay them back? can you finance a car at 16?

my astra's in dad's name but he's never driven it (i won't let him. you should see what he's done to our metro!). I've got enough debts incuring interest without a car to worry about as well!

Shazza
25th October 2004, 01:37 PM
Get the beetle, you won't regret it!
Plus that will be one less astra on the road, so my resale will be slightly better :lol:

NPR
25th October 2004, 05:53 PM
yeh its in pretty good condition apparently, im seeing it tomorow arvo i think and ill make a decision then. lol its twice my age i'd have to treat it with some respect. If i could rice it up with like a body kit and tuned engine so it could actually hold its own on the road that would be cool. the 1300cc beetles do 0 - 100 km/h in wait for it.... 27 SECONDS, with a top speed of 124km/h. this ones a 1600 i think but not sure yet. hehe ill update when i decide, thanx for your advice too :D