PDA

View Full Version : Wheel freight

xplosv57
29th November 2010, 05:58 PM
Hey guys,

Sold a set of wheels and gotta send them from Melb to Brisbane.

Chose what looked like a reputable company and organised their couriers to pick them up.

For whatever reasons, they failed to pick up the wheels twice now (last Friday and today) after i sat and waited for 4 hours on each day.

I shall be contacting them and getting my money back.

But the reason for the thread is, does anyone have any recommendations or know anyone that will freight 4 wheels from Melb to Brisbane??

Regards,
Steve.

Kazz
29th November 2010, 06:08 PM
I've used a company called Transdirect a few times, smaller items, but they were very reliable.

http://www.transdirect.com.au/

xplosv57
29th November 2010, 06:08 PM
I've used a company called Transdirect a few times, smaller items, but they were very reliable.

Hate to say it, but they are the company that have failed me twice.

Thanks anyway!

ChrisMaz
29th November 2010, 06:09 PM
Personally mate. I've had problems with every shipping company I've used, be it interstate or International.

Instead of asking for your money back I'd persist with them until they get it done. TNT ****ed me around like that for a month and I eventually got the shipping for free. Not to mention skipped the customs fee.

What is their excuse for not picking them up? If you don't mind me asking.

EDIT:
Transdirect lost my 2 packages last month. That is courier I will never deal with. However, they are a contractor for TNT as well. So be weary of that.

CNBLU
29th November 2010, 06:09 PM
i used pack and send in dandenong. 4 wheels sent to qld was $300 for postage.

Kazz
29th November 2010, 06:15 PM
Hate to say it, but they are the company that have failed me twice.

Thanks anyway!

Oh, bugger, obviously their service has gone way downhill. :yikes:

xplosv57
29th November 2010, 06:16 PM
Personally mate. I've had problems with every shipping company I've used, be it interstate or International.

Instead of asking for your money back I'd persist with them until they get it done. TNT ****ed me around like that for a month and I eventually got the shipping for free. Not to mention skipped the customs fee.

What is their excuse for not picking them up? If you don't mind me asking.

Problem is, every time i reschedule the pick up, they give me a broad pick up time (usually 1-4 or 2-5) and after doing it twice, i have much better things to do than sit and wait for them to come pick them up.

They tried to blame me for not coming Friday, they claimed they came and no one was home, except not only was i home, i was in the garage with the garage door open and the wheels were sitting in front of the car. So he would have seen me, i would have seen him and in some weird event that we both didn't see each other, i would have heard the door bell.

Today there wasn't any excuse given, was given 2-5 pick up, called at 4:30, said they will arrive before 5, called at 5:30, said they are 25 mins away, called at 6:15 and was told the Melb depot is closed and i have to wait for tomorrow.

i used pack and send in dandenong. 4 wheels sent to qld was $300 for postage.

ok might give them a call, although $300 is very expensive, i know they have been useless but Transdirect was 1/3 of the price.

xplosv57
29th November 2010, 06:17 PM
Oh, bugger, obviously their service has gone way downhill. :yikes:

Look in fairness, they have been good over the phone, but their actual courier service leaves alot to be desired!!

ChrisMaz
29th November 2010, 06:19 PM
Problem is, every time i reschedule the pick up, they give me a broad pick up time (usually 1-4 or 2-5) and after doing it twice, i have much better things to do than sit and wait for them to come pick them up.

They tried to blame me for not coming Friday, they claimed they came and no one was home, except not only was i home, i was in the garage with the garage door open and the wheels were sitting in front of the car. So he would have seen me, i would have seen him and in some weird event that we both didn't see each other, i would have heard the door bell.

Today there wasn't any excuse given, was given 2-5 pick up, called at 4:30, said they will arrive before 5, called at 5:30, said they are 25 mins away, called at 6:15 and was told the Melb depot is closed and i have to wait for tomorrow.

I was told that too. And was given the same run around. However this is through TNT, and as above, transdirect are a contracter for them. Not to mention "Courier couldn't arrive at your location before 5:30pm" when it was packed at 7am. I'd be demanding a massive discount and 100% guarantee they will arrive at a specified time.

Good luck mate.

guy 27
29th November 2010, 06:25 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs476.snc4/50516_38670494277_3258531_n.jpg:lol:

I've used tnt a few times for larger items. 4 tyres between melb and bris was $120 and thats calculated on size rather than weight.

xplosv57
29th November 2010, 06:30 PM
I was told that too. And was given the same run around. However this is through TNT, and as above, transdirect are a contracter for them. Not to mention "Courier couldn't arrive at your location before 5:30pm" when it was packed at 7am. I'd be demanding a massive discount and 100% guarantee they will arrive at a specified time.

Good luck mate.

Thanks Chris, will see where i get with them tomorrow!

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs476.snc4/50516_38670494277_3258531_n.jpg:lol:

I've used tnt a few times for larger items. 4 tyres between melb and bris was $120 and thats calculated on size rather than weight.

Hahaha i'd laugh if a little econovan with 20s and a fully sick stereo rocked up as the courier!!

Will give TNT a call, but ive heard a few horror stories about them from different people.

poita
29th November 2010, 06:37 PM
the set of mags i got where $150 from melbourne

came on there own pallet and top load only.

cant remember who it was know, will see if i still have the paperwork

ChrisMaz
29th November 2010, 06:37 PM

:lol: !!!

Today was the first Item I've received from TNT couriers with no issues. Thats 1 out of 5.

DHL is pricey. But they have their shit together.

xplosv57
29th November 2010, 06:39 PM
was given another site as well

www.e-go.com.au (http://www.e-go.com.au)

they seem okay and just so i know they get delivered, i will drop them at the depot so i don't have to sit and wait around!!

HoldenAstra
29th November 2010, 07:50 PM
Try Toll Priority for interstate, the most reliable courier in Australia. They have the best track and trace system. They are expensive though.

AfterBurner
29th November 2010, 08:34 PM
We use Toll @ work, you can get a cheaper rate, don't ask for Overnight as that's the most expensive, if u send Off-Peak should be reasonably cheap, dunno how much but that's their best/cheapest rate & goes by road freight, can take quite a few days though...

Pretty sure it's just 'Toll' & not 'Toll Priority' as they are 2 seperate entities iirc... They usually are trouble free & we use them on a daily basis...

If u pack them on a skid, even better... So long as it can be manually lifted in case the guy turns up in a ute...

d.c.
29th November 2010, 08:43 PM
We use Toll @ work, you can get a cheaper rate, don't ask for Overnight as that's the most expensive, if u send Off-Peak should be reasonably cheap, dunno how much but that's their best/cheapest rate & goes by road freight, can take quite a few days though...

Pretty sure it's just 'Toll' & not 'Toll Priority' as they are 2 seperate entities iirc... They usually are trouble free & we use them on a daily basis...

If u pack them on a skid, even better... So long as it can be manually lifted in case the guy turns up in a ute...

I have sent a lot of stuff with Toll, we also use them for work and from memory it cost me around $100 for wheels from Adelaide to Sydney (off peak). That was using the work account so it was a little cheaper than normal but still you should't need to pay heaps to get it done.

poita
29th November 2010, 09:56 PM
yer toll and toll priority are two seperate divisions

toll priority will cost a fukin mint, but it will be there the next day ;)

last time i checked you need an account with them

Ice
29th November 2010, 11:46 PM
can you not ask the mail room at your old work who would be best ? perhaps they can get you a good deal as part of their corporate thingy.

http://couriersplease4.rtrk.com.au/?scid=55378&kw=4220510&pub_cr_id=5430482355

might be worth a go.

jastra
30th November 2010, 12:35 AM
courierquotes.com.au are good, for price too. they give you a bunch of companies with prices based on what you are posting and you can chhose which one you go with

Shay
30th November 2010, 12:50 AM

never had a problem with these guys at all, in fact they past my expectations, not to mention ive shipped wheels to and from melb with them for only 150 each way. 4 very heavy mags, and 4 steelies. both with tyres.

brc
30th November 2010, 08:04 AM
Due to the nature of the industry I work in, we use TNT as our courier and transfer over 3000 parts interstate a week. I would swear by them.

Not sure how they work with domestic though. If you keep finding troubles let me know and I will get them shipped from work at a fraction of the normal cost.

Bryce

xplosv57
30th November 2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Still seem to be getting nowhere with the current company, i asked for a refund but they decided to rebook the pick up for today without even telling me, they haven't even told me a time. So since I won't be home, I don't know what's going to happen.

Have again asked for a refund.

But you guys have given good suggestions so I have a few choices now!!