PDA

View Full Version : I think i may be sick.....

woody
24th November 2010, 11:26 AM
Last night whilst eating my dinner I had the grim realisation that the hideously deformed bastard child of a Toyota Aygo and an Escalade I saw on my screen was the new Barina Spark.. have holden/Opel/Vauxhhall/whoever sacked all their designers and instead hired mental patients! What were they thinking....?

http://www.luanpa.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/2011-Holden-Barina-Spark-Front.jpg

Seriously i've seen better looking road traffic accidents...

xplosv57
24th November 2010, 11:30 AM
has nothing to do with opel or vauxhall, this is all part of the Korean scheme Holden began 3 or 4 years ago...

Personally for the people that this car is marketed at (young females between 18-25) i think the car looks fine!!

maybe not in green though......

woody
24th November 2010, 11:36 AM
Actually having had a look around on the interweb it seems it's a direct grab of the Chevrolet Spark.... designed by americans.. i should have known... having now seen the side view of the car on the chevvy website i believe i must stop driving altogether as if i see one of these on the road i fear i may have the sudden urge to crash into it.

hazrd
24th November 2010, 11:40 AM
maybe invest in one of these then you should be ok to continue driving...

http://www.4wdservice.com.au/images/bull%20bar.jpg

woody
24th November 2010, 11:42 AM
oooh good thinking... watch out spark. woodys on a rampage!!!

delemonte
24th November 2010, 11:55 AM
Are those suicide doors?

woody
24th November 2010, 11:58 AM
ummm no.... but we can hope anyone willing to buy one might consider it..

MatsHolden
24th November 2010, 01:27 PM
Actually having had a look around on the interweb it seems it's a direct grab of the Chevrolet Spark.... designed by americans.. i should have known... having now seen the side view of the car on the chevvy website i believe i must stop driving altogether as if i see one of these on the road i fear i may have the sudden urge to crash into it.

It is the Chevrolet Spark. This isn't the new Barina, they are marketing as the Barina Spark which fits in below the Barina (Don't know why they decidewd to link the Barina name to it as it is confusing). Designed by the team at GM DAT, not in America. Design in the Automotive world is a global affair these days too, with design input from various stuidos around the worl. For an ultra compact I think they've done well, as it is an extremely hard task to package. It's not an absolute beauty to look at but then none of the ultra compacts are going to be winning any awards for aesthetics. And at least they've gone and done something a bit out there rather than just a boring Nissan Micra or the like.

For the target market, it's an ok looking car for the segment and packed full of features for the price.

The new Chev Aveo aka Barina will arrive next year.

Wraith
24th November 2010, 01:34 PM
Last night whilst eating my dinner I had the grim realisation that the hideously deformed bastard child of a Toyota Aygo and an Escalade I saw on my screen was the new Barina Spark.. have holden/Opel/Vauxhhall/whoever sacked all their designers and instead hired mental patients! What were they thinking....?

http://www.luanpa.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/2011-Holden-Barina-Spark-Front.jpg

Seriously i've seen better looking road traffic accidents...

Oh really, what about the other thread where some people were happy to take out their colouring pencils and crayons and go to work on this thing LOL :lol:

Seriously IMHO +1,000,000 Could not agree with you more, this Daewoo is so fugly inside and out total POS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also as stated in that other thread, been and checked one out only just over a week ago and it made me spew :spew:

woody
24th November 2010, 02:35 PM
oh good, not just me then!!! With the other option in the market (Pug, Aygo, Citroen (yes all beased on teh same platform i know)) this one does definately stick out as a different design concept and don't get me wrong for that in itself is a good thing.. no one originally liked the new BMW 1 series but now that we have all become more familiar with it it's selling like hotcakes. Design is a fickle thing, for someone like me, this is a hideous and somewhat awkward looking car, the nose is too big and looks like an afterthought, the wheels are too small and makes the car look like a toy, to be honest the standard list of features is pretty damn good for a car of this size and price, just wish they'd thought more about styling.

**EDIT**
still makes me sick looking at it though!

Wraith
24th November 2010, 04:47 PM
oh good, not just me then!!! With the other option in the market (Pug, Aygo, Citroen (yes all beased on teh same platform i know)) this one does definately stick out as a different design concept and don't get me wrong for that in itself is a good thing.. no one originally liked the new BMW 1 series but now that we have all become more familiar with it it's selling like hotcakes. Design is a fickle thing, for someone like me, this is a hideous and somewhat awkward looking car, the nose is too big and looks like an afterthought, the wheels are too small and makes the car look like a toy, to be honest the standard list of features is pretty damn good for a car of this size and price, just wish they'd thought more about styling.

**EDIT**
still makes me sick looking at it though!

Once again, couldn't agree more !

Also other choices would be Ford Fiesta, Mazda 2, Hyundai I20, Mitsu Colt...that last one isn't exactly an oil painting either, but if your going to be driving around in something cheap and fugly, I'd still choose it over the Daewoo as at least it has a 5/10 year warranty term...

poita
24th November 2010, 05:12 PM
I don't want to have to clean the thread out like the other one.

Ange we all know that your car collection is the greatest thing in the world, and nothing can compare to it.

Maybe give it a break on telling us what you think of the Spark, we get the point you don't like it.

Anyway I have a job to do, besides look after 3 year olds.

Don't let it get out of hand again people

guy 27
24th November 2010, 07:03 PM
You guys are looking at this all wrong. Small ugly cars usually have hot chicks driving them. I for one can't wait to see this car on the road and take photos of the drivers. :lol:

BEK-46P
24th November 2010, 08:03 PM
This was at the Motor Show last month. It's uglier in the metal.

On the plus side, my girlfriend thinks it's the goods!

hazrd
24th November 2010, 08:24 PM
This was at the Motor Show last month. It's uglier in the metal.

On the plus side, my girlfriend thinks it's the goods!

is she hot?

metry
24th November 2010, 08:29 PM
You guys are looking at this all wrong. Small ugly cars usually have hot chicks driving them. I for one can't wait to see this car on the road and take photos of the drivers. :lol:

BAHAHAHAHA well said. then we can make a section dedicated to that

Wraith
24th November 2010, 11:06 PM
I don't want to have to clean the thread out like the other one.

Ange we all know that your car collection is the greatest thing in the world, and nothing can compare to it.

Maybe give it a break on telling us what you think of the Spark, we get the point you don't like it.

Anyway I have a job to do, besides look after 3 year olds.

Don't let it get out of hand again people

Your kidding right ???

Fair point the other thread wasn't about knocking the car in question, this one clearly is !

To that end I havn't done or written anything wrong or off topic IMHO, this whole thread is exactly about telling what you think about the spark, there's also realistic opinions on other alternatives to justify it, so what gives here ?

Have you recently purchased shares in Daewoo ? :lol:

P.S about the comment on my cars, I've always told it as it is for longer than most on this board without bias and criticise them (especially the Cali) as much as any other car I own and don't particularly like in some way or another, I don't take sides on that one...

Hopefully the above makes sense (except the joke) and not just jibberish from a 3 year old ;)

Aggzz
30th November 2010, 11:11 PM
Daewoo Matiz?

stevedee3
1st December 2010, 08:49 PM
Daewoo Matiz?Close... Daewoo Matiz Creative (http://www.gmdaewoo.co.kr/matizcreative/index.jsp?contentsID=brandpage&carID=matiz_creative&stage_alignT) aka Chevrolet Spark (http://spark.chevrolet.com) aka Holden Barina Spark (holden.com.au/barinaspark)