PDA

View Full Version : would average joe buy an opelised car

InsaneAsylum
23rd October 2004, 01:21 PM
What do you guys think would be the impression on average joe (mums, dads, grandpa,grandma, clueless idiots) of buying an "Opel"

ie. if I advetised my vectra for sale (hypothetically of course) and a non enthusiast came around to buy it (second family car, suburban shopping vehicle or reliable RSL runaround), would they be put off by Opel badges?

Degen-Astra
23rd October 2004, 01:25 PM
I doubt all people will notice. If they do you can just say "I put the original manufacturers badges on it which I incidently got shipped from Germany"

And really...only disclose if they ask on that matter.

Anonymous
23rd October 2004, 01:59 PM
if my dad saw a used astra say and it had opel badges on it i think he would be more inclined to buy it cause he loves euro cars but yea i dunno i guess it just depends on the person

YuSuF
23rd October 2004, 02:31 PM
It would probably interest the person more if you told them about the badges

Blitzkrieg
23rd October 2004, 02:47 PM
The average joe does not appreciate modifications, they want a 100% stock car, that includes badges.

YuSuF
23rd October 2004, 02:50 PM
Youd have to be pretty picky if you insist badges

Shazza
23rd October 2004, 03:02 PM
Blitzkrieg is right, Joe was no mods... If I was joe I would be looking elsewhere!

YuSuF
23rd October 2004, 03:13 PM
If its back to its original state wouldn't that be more stock then anything? :)
Im talking about badges only.

ultim8DTM5
23rd October 2004, 03:28 PM
The average joe does not appreciate modifications, they want a 100% stock car, that includes badges.

Werd.

em
23rd October 2004, 05:27 PM
Well my car is for sale and it has opel badges, I have had heaps of interest all asking what is that badge...
When I explain it is a euro car and this is the original badge before holden got to it they were all interested to know. Not many Joes realise it is a euro car untill they get in and take her for a test drive and reslise the blinkers are on the opposite side.

you guys are right most people dont want a modified car, but my car has badges, eyelids and an exhaust tip. No one notices my mods they think they are stock, except for the badges.

Blitzkrieg
23rd October 2004, 09:48 PM
they were all interested to know

lol i don't think it was the car they were interested in.

Anyway, there has certainly been an increase in the number of people wanting to buy a euro car. Wank factor.

That is why there are so damn many 80's and 90's on the road. Damn yuppies.

krayzastra
25th October 2004, 06:52 PM
just say it is a 'unique' astra

InsaneAsylum
25th October 2004, 10:05 PM
true about euro cars. 3 years ago, I got bagged for driving a vectra and my opel badges called "rice" from someone driving a blitz/apexi sponsored japanese car with fart canon muffler, now everyone's going around with the "oooohhh i like euro cars" attitude.

people are starting to get over the whole japspec, JDM, driftspec, takumi!!! phase and are sick of replacing the smashed alloys on one side of their car every fortnight.