PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 or wait for iPhone 5?

poita
19th November 2010, 08:48 PM
Before I start, for all the iPhone haters I dgaf what your thoughts are.

My contract is up in March next yr, and I have the ability to upgrade 3 months before it ends, so at the start of January I can upgrade.

The thing is though, going by past releases they will bring out a new iPhone in June.

iPhone - June 29th 2007
iPhone 3G - July 11 2008
iPhone 3GS - June 19 2009
iPhone 4 - June 24 2010

So do I wait or upgrade? If I upgrade I will be locked in for 24 mths again.

Thoughts?

chrissn89
19th November 2010, 09:01 PM
I'd be waiting till iPhone 5 for sure, no point in getting an iPhone 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hazrd
19th November 2010, 09:01 PM
wait it out for iphone5 imo... u will be spewing if you upgrade to a 4 and then less than 6mths later the 5 comes out

willhouse
20th November 2010, 05:10 AM
I thought the next iphone to be released was just going to be the iphone4 but in white? A guy at the sydney apple store told me that.

xplosv57
20th November 2010, 11:31 AM
I thought the next iphone to be released was just going to be the iphone4 but in white? A guy at the sydney apple store told me that.

yeah thats happening in the next few weeks, it's the same as the current iPhone 4 just in white and supposedly with updated software that im assuming would be available for older iPhone 4s anyway...

im kinda in the same boat, can't justify getting an iPhone 4 on a 24 month contract knowing in 6 months a new one will be released!!

JB Hifi offers a deal where if a new iPhone comes out while still in contract on your old iPhone, they let you pay out the rest of the contract and you can stay on the same contract with the new phone, and you don't have to wait for one.

KingOfAstras
20th November 2010, 12:16 PM
Poita, do what I did and buy it outright! Haven't looked back once. The pocket only gets hit just a little, next pay day you won't feel like it happened :-)

poita
20th November 2010, 02:06 PM
Poita, do what I did and buy it outright! Haven't looked back once. The pocket only gets hit just a little, next pay day you won't feel like it happened :-)

The thing is i don't want to throw $1k at something to send text messages and call people.

Would rather put that towards new slr lenses or bigger tv.

Plus it's too much piss farting around to get one up here

Shadow110
20th November 2010, 09:20 PM
Im waiting for the new one.
But it will probly have the same number of release issues that the current one did.

poita
20th November 2010, 09:23 PM
stock wise, or the whingers?

know heaps of people who have iPhone 4's, and dont suffer from the reception dramas

and the area here has shit reception to start with

guy 27
20th November 2010, 09:25 PM
from what i understood, reception issues were only with AT&T in the US.

Ice
20th November 2010, 10:55 PM
im kinda in the same boat, can't justify getting an iPhone 4 on a 24 month contract knowing in 6 months a new one will be released!!

you gotta bite the bullet mate, my Galaxy S while a brilliant phone is already outdated, haha, new phones are coming out by the week. ie the HTC desire HD. I spent 6 months waiting for the iphone and then decided to get something else completely and boy was i happy i made that choice, so dont wait because youll be waiting forever. The iphone as with all of them will sort out their software issues eventually :)