PDA

View Full Version : considering buying rufions gsi... but need help and info

adam_92
17th November 2010, 07:33 PM
hey guys. as per the title im considering buying rufions gsi. the only problem that i have is changing the registration from NSW to SA. i know the car has engineering certificates and all that stuff for NSW but will that be a basic swap from NSW to SA or would i still need to put it over the pits and get it recertified in SA??? any info would be massivly helpful as I NEED A NEW CAR!!! haha

poita
17th November 2010, 09:42 PM
it will have to go over the pits again

but since its already mod platedny it should be an issue.

maybe do a bit of forum lurking on SAU, TOYMOD's and the like for people who have done similar things.

best bet though, so it's from the horses mouth, instead of interwebz hearsay

just ring south Australian transport and ask them directly

Ice
17th November 2010, 11:31 PM
maybe call your vic roads eq ? ide say once its registered it shouldnt matter and only an issue of transfer fees.

milestones54
19th November 2010, 10:59 AM
Hey mate did you still want it? If not im more than considering it

adam_92
21st November 2010, 08:38 PM
sorry for the late reply mate. i would love it but the registration side of it is going to be more hassle than what its worth. its all yours mate. cheers

UNEEQ
21st November 2010, 09:48 PM
If you WERE going to do it.. Oaklands Park inspection centre if it's still open for interstate transfer is a breeze compared to Regency, but a NSW Mod Plate doesn't guarentee complience in SA. The Engineers Certs will go along way, but it will still need to be inspected properly and signed off on at Regency if you want to do it all legit rather than someone giving you the thumbs up at Oaklands with a "oh fix this and that mate" and letting you through knowing that within 2 weeks you'll be defected. (I speak from personal experience)

poita
22nd November 2010, 01:25 AM
almost thinking about buying this myself as a fun daily, fukin tempting