PDA

View Full Version : lifespan of a turbo???

adam_92
17th November 2010, 06:02 PM
hey guys. one of my mates is looking at buying an astra g sri turbo and txt me asking if the turbos have an average life wether it be age or kms? if someone could confirm it would be appreciated. thanks

hazrd
17th November 2010, 06:06 PM
i wouldnt call it an average life.... it all depends on how it is looked after... ive seen turbo cars with 250+ thousand kms on them and they have been fine, where others ive seen them replaced within the first 3 months of ownership

the G turbos are a reliable car... as long as u look after it... the car will look after you

if you see in the "what did u do to your car today" thread u will find JohnBu's G turbo clicked over 160,000kms last week... and ive seen how well its looked after!!

adam_92
17th November 2010, 06:08 PM
so basically look after them and they will look after you

glider
17th November 2010, 06:34 PM
i wouldnt call it an average life.... it all depends on how it is looked after... ive seen turbo cars with 250+ thousand kms on them and they have been fine, where others ive seen them replaced within the first 3 months of ownership

the G turbos are a reliable car... as long as u look after it... the car will look after you

if you see in the "what did u do to your car today" thread u will find JohnBu's G turbo clicked over 160,000kms last week... and ive seen how well its looked after!!

my work truck has 330k km and original turbo ;) so it all comes down to how you treat it

hazrd
17th November 2010, 06:37 PM
so basically look after them and they will look after you

Yep
And what Toby said :)

adam_92
17th November 2010, 06:42 PM
cool il let him know. cheers lads

AfterBurner
17th November 2010, 07:20 PM
It's really like saying 'how long is a piece of string?'

Depends how its driven, regular oil changes etc etc...

Ice
17th November 2010, 11:28 PM
well my turbo was f*cked pretty much off the showroom floor and since it was replaced...now 35K later with a new one, hasnt been any probs. im also servicing her every 10K. Ide say internals have alot to do with it aswell and the G seems to be pretty good.