PDA

View Full Version : Infinity on the way to Aust.

Wraith
12th November 2010, 12:25 PM
Can only hope this happens...

Nissans' high end marque Inifinity is gearing up to come to Aust. showrooms - Awesome !

Should compete well amongst alot of other brands and do just as well as Toyotas' Lexus here me thinks...

I love the G series coupes/verts but would never consider an import, off the showroom floor maybe :)

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2010/prestige-and-luxury/infiniti/nissan-announces-aussie-infiniti-boss-22519

poita
12th November 2010, 12:32 PM
:spew:

that thing is hideous

Wraith
12th November 2010, 12:33 PM
:spew:

that thing is hideous

You mean the G series of all Infinitis' ??

DirtyHarry
12th November 2010, 12:35 PM
they did sell the infinity brand here long time ago, didnt succeed, so i dont think it will again.

poita
12th November 2010, 12:38 PM
You mean the G series of all Infinitis' ??

this

http://liveimages.editorial.carsales.com.au/carsales/general/editorial/ge5141864306997873762.jpg

Wraith
12th November 2010, 12:39 PM
they did sell the infinity brand here long time ago, didnt succeed, so i dont think it will again.

Think it was a similar failing to Eunos' Mazda marque...but they've got a much better range now :)

Only aspect I see as being a success to them or not is pricing...if they put themselves inline with Lexus it may not work...

Wraith
12th November 2010, 12:41 PM
this

http://liveimages.editorial.carsales.com.au/carsales/general/editorial/ge5141864306997873762.jpg

Oh the SUV...not bad side profile though IMO...

But yeh for me I'm only interested in the coupes/verts :)

metry
15th November 2010, 01:45 PM
i had the opportunity to drive my uncles infinity fx35 in lebanon. idk i cant spek much for it. the car had a cheep feel to it. idk much about the rest of the infinity range but i didnt llike the fx35. the only good thing about it was the exhaust note.

guy 27
15th November 2010, 01:50 PM
I've driven one of the G37's and I gotta agree with Metry. It felt cheap and nasty.

Sorry can't say i'm a fan of their looks and after the drive their quality felt poor. brings back the saying Japcrap.

boorny88
15th November 2010, 02:23 PM
nt overlly bothered it e gd for some but most wont like em as they could just buy some nissans for less in a sense

Wraith
15th November 2010, 04:19 PM
I've driven one of the G37's and I gotta agree with Metry. It felt cheap and nasty.

Sorry can't say i'm a fan of their looks and after the drive their quality felt poor. brings back the saying Japcrap.

Interesting...can't say for myself as I havn't driven them only been up next to few whiched looked pretty nice to me :)

On the Beemer forums I'm a member of (U.S folk) they rank the G series right up there...in fact they easily compete with and some models/variants can even knock off a 135i in terms of performance, not sure about the interior quality/finish but I don't seem to recal too many negatives on that one...

Still be good to have them here as another showroom brand for all to check out :)

metry
15th November 2010, 06:08 PM
Still be good to have them here as another showroom brand for all to check out :)

i agree with you on that point. also they are alright in the looks department. but idk the car felt cheep. my astra felt like a 10x better car. im only speeking on behalf of the fx 35 which could be a dud or one of the worst infinitys ever made. i wouldnt know but thats just my two cents on that particular infinity.

Wraith
16th November 2010, 07:26 AM
i agree with you on that point. also they are alright in the looks department. but idk the car felt cheep. my astra felt like a 10x better car. im only speeking on behalf of the fx 35 which could be a dud or one of the worst infinitys ever made. i wouldnt know but thats just my two cents on that particular infinity.

This fx35 does sound like a dud...

G series is ok o/a from the few I've seen around, gotta try and somehow get a hold of one to drive :)

metry
16th November 2010, 08:31 AM
dont we get the g35 here as a private import. if so just rock up to an import yard and pretend like your in the market for one. theres a fair few of em on our roads up here in sydney

Wraith
16th November 2010, 11:38 AM
dont we get the g35 here as a private import. if so just rock up to an import yard and pretend like your in the market for one. theres a fair few of em on our roads up here in sydney

Yes, AFAIK they're a grey import...which is something I've never been too keen on.

Not sure what the go is or how easily/accessable they are to grab a hold of and test drive ?

It's easy enough and no skin off anyones nose to do this however at most dealerships with most brands :)

metry
16th November 2010, 12:08 PM
well up in sydney we have alot of import yards which import cars from Japan. there located all over sydney. idk what the go is for melbourne but if your ever up in sydney and your keen on driving one, you just have to sign responsibility papers and youll be sweet. i cant test drive one as im a p plater and most import yards wont let that a p plater test drive a car

Wraith
16th November 2010, 05:04 PM
well up in sydney we have alot of import yards which import cars from Japan. there located all over sydney. idk what the go is for melbourne but if your ever up in sydney and your keen on driving one, you just have to sign responsibility papers and youll be sweet. i cant test drive one as im a p plater and most import yards wont let that a p plater test drive a car

Probably the same deal here in Melb.

There are alot of Japanese grey importers all over the place here too, but as said I've never been keen to deal with them...never interested in their vehicles unless I personally know someone who can guarantee what you get, otherwise you'll never know the 'proper' history of these things...

If I can be bothered, I'll bother one of them for a test drive, otherwise I'll be more than happy to hit the Infinity show rooms if they become reality :cornut:

metry
16th November 2010, 05:08 PM
yeh thats what turned me off buying an fto from one of those import yards because i dont know the history of the vehicle. even though im not a real fan of infinitys, having them here cant be a bad thing